PDA

View Full Version : Anyone changed careers lately?

Billy Golightly
10-06-2014, 09:10 PM
Lately I feel like I'm no longer getting the personal reward and satisfaction out of my day job I did previously. Its a grind and chore now more-so than an enjoyable challenge it has been. Been in it about 5 years. Not had any real significant changes in the work place or environment, I have great co-workers, just kind of feeling more like meh than rip roaring ready to go. I suppose I should be thankful I enjoyed it for as long as I have as I realize a lot of people absolutely hate their jobs and have to stay in them. I don't hate mine, but its just, I don't know, not grinding my gears I guess.

Anyone else went through the same thing recently or have any words of wisdom to extol on me?

Ghostv2
10-06-2014, 09:56 PM
I worked in a distribution center.
I picked things up, I put things down.
Then my back took a crap on me, got it fixed up with a new titanium spine and took on a more relaxed job working for the state. The liquor control board. It was great, just too boring for me.
So now I work for a construction company (started 2 weeks ago) and Its so much better. You do something different every day, good satisfaction knowing you put in a hard days work and made something nice. The good thing about this company is we do everything. Snow removal, landscaping, carpentry, masonry, electrical, and so on and so on.
You'll never be stuck in a rut or a daily grind so to speak.

It's nice working for a small company. I've worked for a few big corporations. It's what I went to school for, I've been wanting to do it since high school.

Flyingw
10-06-2014, 10:41 PM
I have. I spent the last 27 years in the aviation industry. I got laid off in Aug 0f 13. I took a year off and played in the garage. This past Aug, I got a job in the oilfield industry.

fabiodriven
10-06-2014, 10:51 PM
I've been a truck driver for about 14 years, with 5 of those being spent in a garage doing commercial truck inspections. I've always loved trucks, but I enjoyed driving them more than the effortless monotony of inspecting them. At the inspection bay I made really good money, like probably should have never left there, but my true passion is driving. I've done mostly dirt with a sprinkle of over the road. Having tried both, I much prefer staying local. I've had a hard time finding a legitimate job that pays what my inspection job paid which has been a bit disheartening, but there's more to life than money.

I recently took a job at a tree company. The job does require a class "A" CDL and a hoisting license (Massachusetts requires a license for heavy equipment) of which I have both. The truck driving is just one aspect of this new job however, as the tree removal part is a whole different ballgame for me. Having processed my own firewood to heat my homes over the last 10 years by myself, and for many years before that at my parent's, and having felled trees on my own before, I figured I'd fit right in. What I quickly found out was I knew nothing about the tree business. I run the grapple chipper the most now, but I also run the log truck and the firewood processor. One thing about the line of work I'm in, there is death around me from every angle at most times during the day. The chipper is insanely loud, there are saws going everywhere, and the crane is lowering logs in constantly. I took a 3,000 lb log right to the noggin two weeks ago. I could have easily been turned into a quad rider had I not been wearing my hard hat. I never even saw it coming. The job doesn't pay as well as I'd like it to, but I'm excelling fast after welding all of the bunks on the log truck, replacing the radiator in the skid steer, u-joint in the F-550, and picking up on various hydraulic machines almost instantly. It was really hard for me physically at first, but it is rewarding at the end of the day as you look back on what you've accomplished. Sometimes that can translate over to your personal life as well.

I figured heavy trucks and machines, I'd fit right in. I do now but that's after learning a lot, and I still don't know that much.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/IMAG0932_zps3b595416.jpg (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/fabiodriven/media/IMAG0932_zps3b595416.jpg.html)

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/IMAG0934_zps5407d1cc.jpg (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/fabiodriven/media/IMAG0934_zps5407d1cc.jpg.html)

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/IMAG0937_zpsd827742e.jpg (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/fabiodriven/media/IMAG0937_zpsd827742e.jpg.html)

This is the grapple chipper, my main job on site. The F-550 doesn't pull it, we only pull it up to the chipper when the chip truck is full and we need to take more chips out. We pull the chipper with an International 6 wheeler. You can see it in the background in the picture above.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/IMAG0986_zps2feb5d49.jpg (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/fabiodriven/media/IMAG0986_zps2feb5d49.jpg.html)

tripledog
10-06-2014, 11:02 PM
Oh the fun I could have with that grapple hook in an unattended parking lot!

jeswinehart
10-07-2014, 12:08 AM
Having been with a family owned small business for a few years (35 and change) ,,, sure there has been a time or two when it has got a wee bit "old".
Nothing wrong with long term employment, nothing wrong from job hopping,,, and there darn sure isn't anything wrong with "getting the party started" either when things get a little on the dull side.
Everyone's job is different but only you know what makes for a dull day so you certainly can dream up ways to perk it up in your field of expertise IMO.
john

atc007
10-07-2014, 07:06 AM
If you're doing what you love. You'll never work a day of your life. Easily said I suppose. Some people get Real excited for the challenge of a new job. Learn it,dominate it. And are ready to move on. I'm guessing you're one of those guys Billy. Actually,,,I'm quite sure you are lol. I have no advice for you really. Only you know what you need to do. Personally. I'm a dairy farmer born and bred. That to me is generational. Birth to death. I also started my shop at 17,on our farm. Built it,zero employees. Ran the farm ,and the shop. Then without ever seeing it coming. Moms health failed, Then Dads,{ We cared for them in our home},, Then my Wifes,then we hear 2 of our Daughters have myotonic muscular dystrophy,Autism,and pervasive develepmental disorder. Now the Wifes ailments make much more sense! Suddenly. There's no one left to run the shop. And I'm a Dr,nurse,and shuttle driver... But the cows need cared for come hell or high water.Long story short. The cows are gone, the shop is still here,but basically 10 jobs a year looks big. Mom and Dad are gone. And I miss farming every single day. And I was exactly where you're at right now,before all the health issues hit. Completely ashamed to say that. Customers get old no matter what game your in. But ,when it's your home they're coming too,and calling,. It's a whole different ball game :) Good luck with your decision!

Edit. There is a LOT to be said for being old and wise. Simply watching from afar and knowing exactly what the job is,what they are doing,what they are doing wrong. Why they are doing it wrong,and how they should be doing it. That only comes from one thing. Doing it a million times, a million ways. I suck at words.. If you stay in the same game forever. By the time the years are winding down, things get very easy. You've been there and done that. Things change yes. But you are just able to effortlessly adapt to it and bull forward. I bet Swinehart knows a little of what I'm trying to say. That part of sticking it out feels REALLY good :) To say the least..

M.Pargiello
10-07-2014, 07:25 AM
I went from nearly a decade in the medical field in many capacities. From the shop to QC to traveling tech to desk jockey. After about a year at the desk, I up and quit one Friday after realizing that I did not want to do that anymore. Got a new job that day rebuilding 18 wheeler components. Now I am the main builder in my area, and one of the more knowledgeable people there, in only about a year and a half.

Sometimes it takes planning, sometimes it's spur of the moment but I have always felt if it isn't rewarding, then it's run it's course. Time to move on. Because if you don't feel it's rewarding, then you don't try as hard to advance in my opinion

DohcBikes
10-07-2014, 08:12 AM
From 1999 to 2012 my dad and I owned a residential construction company. I had lots of fun in my younger years, mastering the techniques of the trade, and learned a lot about business. I made a lot of money in that field. One day I decided that money wasn't my driving force, and that many of the tasks were just dumb labor. Nothing against any construction workers, but that's not enough of a challenge for me, and there really wasn't any reward any more thanks to the new generation of entitled customers.

Some know the story, went to MMI at 32 to find a career that I could LOVE. Powersports is it!! Always had a knack with engines, and had built a few hot rods and bikes in my spare time, so I knew before going that I was into it. Earned a 4.0 gpa with several accolades at MMI, and never looked back.

It took a bit to get settled and decide that I wanted to be around my family, and I was LUCKY enough to accept a position at an independent motorcycle and ATV shop just a couple miles outside the town. We are like a busy little family out there and I couldn't be happier at the end of every day!

Bill is right, if you love it, It ain't work. Just last week I rebuilt a 1st gen 200x motor, a 185s motor, and they PAID me to do it,,, lol,, SUCKERS!!!

Sometimes there's cool things the customer doesn't want :cool:

Who puts a dished slug in a 200x motor?! Not this guy...

Forgot about this 200. Feeling much healthier after seeing the Dohc!! (I helped her quit smoking;))

Motorcycle. Supercharger. Nuff said.

Goldwing on Webers... Who tunes these things?!!:welcome:

This ytm was fun and easy to get running, what a beauty. The owner paid $1 for it...

Leaving the money was scary, but finding happiness has been worth every penny. And with that, I direct you to my signature.

GOOD LUCK NO MATTER WHAT BILLY!!!

SPD FRK
10-07-2014, 10:42 AM
I could have easily been turned into a quad rider had I not been wearing my hard hat.

LMAO. Thanks for the laugh first thing in the morning!

Mickey Dunlap
10-07-2014, 11:23 AM

http://www.aircooled.net/vw-carburetors-jetting-102/

I run them on my V-Twins all the time.

ironchop
10-07-2014, 12:37 PM
Lately I feel like I'm no longer getting the personal reward and satisfaction out of my day job I did previously. Its a grind and chore now more-so than an enjoyable challenge it has been. Been in it about 5 years. Not had any real significant changes in the work place or environment, I have great co-workers, just kind of feeling more like meh than rip roaring ready to go. I suppose I should be thankful I enjoyed it for as long as I have as I realize a lot of people absolutely hate their jobs and have to stay in them. I don't hate mine, but its just, I don't know, not grinding my gears I guess.

Anyone else went through the same thing recently or have any words of wisdom to extol on me?

Two things:

I love Machining and I loved Commercial/Industrial Construction (my other long term career). I`ve been back in Machining since 2004 after I left the unstable world of Construction. I never really got tired of what I was doing as long as I was hands-on. I always advance in any company I work for and inevitably, I became Crew Leader then Supervisor and then Superintendent of almost every company I worked for. This is the main problem for me but many years of good income, per diems, company trucks, and other perks, made it hard to see why I absolutely HATED these jobs. This also led me to "bring the job home" and my bad attitude spilled over into my home life and hurt the people whom I didn`t mean to hurt.......It took me quite awhile to learn why I hated work so much and only after my last two jobs as Plant Manager in a manufacturing facility did I figure it out.......I don`t hate the job really. I hate managing people and I hate petty office politics. These were two things I never had to worry about when I was framing or machining parts on my own. I got to manage myself which is so much easier than managing 40 ragtag machine operators of every flavor and background who, no matter how hard you try, will NEVER all work the same speed and with the same ethic and effort.

The second thing for me resonated when you mentioned people feeling stuck at a job for whatever reason. I have a "F@$%K You I Quit" fund. Really its a little rainy day savings put back but the only three things I have ever had to use it for was getting laid off, going in for surgery/ long recovery, or goin slick off at work because I have finally reached my Patience Zenith and telling the big man to go stuff one. My wife used to get really pissed but I ALWAYS find another job in a week or two....mostly thanks to constant networking I do in the industry and elsewhere but also because I have a great reputation doing what I do and I always try to maintain this image.....the point of this second paragraph is that I have never felt like I was stuck anywhere. I always consider myself adaptable and mobile and always ready to find something better. most folks say I should stop job-hopping (most places get a minimum of 2+yrs out of me) and settle. The days of finding a job with a pension and retiring from there are almost nonexistent anymore so I tend to not try and develop a whole lot of loyalty because things and people change (which I found out while sitting in on many a boardroom discussion about firing/ laying off) without any warning whatsoever. You have to be ready for change wether it`s you that needs it or the employer......back on topic, I try to stay prepared for any changes but I still have stretches of days when I have NO gumption to get up and do anything. I`ll wander about and get just above the minimum amount of work done and just generally feel a loss of focus and drive. I do ponder changing careers but @43 yrs old, I don`t want to go back to school this late in life. I have grandbabies on the way and not a whole lot of time to devote to continuing education. In these instances, my melancholy work attitude usually subsides in a week or two and I`m back to full throttle. Usually Ill take a day or two off and sit on my ass (lack of activity always makes going to work appealing to me again and I`m ready to return)(except after Trikefest). I went to work for a very small job shop (we do R&D and one-offs mostly) and I refused any management positions to opt to just worry about me and my workload. This has done wonders for my emotional health and my marriage for almost three years now.

This is probably just a passing phase if you say you don`t hate your job. You have probably hit a bit of a plateau and I`ll bet it`s temporary. One thing I know for certain is that the grass is usually not so green on the other side of the fence so be cautious when making rash decisions (like snatching up the sales manager by his pink polo shirt and telling him to go to hell)....plan for anything, never allow yourself to feel trapped (its counterproductive and hampers courageousness), and be prepared for the plateau. Sometimes I feel like I`m doing "chump work" that any monkey with a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro file could do but I have learned to accept the stupid jobs with the interesting ones. The BEST kind of tasks to have when you meet a plateau are the really mindless ones. I can get my chump work done quickly and then I set down at my desk and play on the internet for a bit until I get my enthusiasm back.

Good Luck

ironchop
10-07-2014, 12:48 PM
Leaving the money was scary, but finding happiness has been worth every penny.

This was the best lesson I ever learned too.....Amen

briano
10-07-2014, 01:03 PM
I know ok ready to move on. I don't feel like going to work anymore, getting up sucks, I just have no drive. It seems that every 5 years or so I go through this phase and NEED to get another job

IKE-Z
10-07-2014, 03:20 PM
I have been at that point before tired of the same stuff day in and day out. The scary part is when you become comfortable and your scared to leave. I start thinking of the perks my job offers like surfing the internet and my boss is cool and it makes me think little, but sometimes I feel like there is more to life than the same grind.

fabiodriven
10-07-2014, 08:48 PM
I feel as though I should have summed things up a bit better.

The truck inspection job paid really well but was monotonous to the point it was kind of rotting me. I felt as though if I left there I would easily be able to make the money I made there. That has proven to be much more of a challenge than I had anticipated.

Driving gravel trucks in Boston was my favorite provided the trucks stayed together. When the trucks had problems and the owner didn't want to take care of them correctly, it would prevent me from doing my job and doing it safely. I love the Boston gravel game so much that I had no problems getting up at stupid early hours and I seriously considered buying my own truck. Being an owner/operator is like two full time jobs though, and I'm all set with that. Driving a heavy truck in Boston- awesome. Dealing with bosses that lie to you, don't fix the trucks right, and only care about money- It will change you and make you more like them. Not what I wanted.

Doing tree work- Very physically demanding, tough to prove yourself, pay not great, strong sense on camaraderie though. Tough job in general, but rewarding. I won't be retiring from this place.

Basically every job has its perks and cruddy sides. You just have to find what fits you. Ultimately I may start hauling stuff around with my F-350 for work. Campers are a possibility, but it's an idea in its infancy at this point. I feel as though I'd really enjoy that.

Only one person can figure it out for you William.

jeswinehart
10-07-2014, 09:18 PM
Well Billy, what do you make of all of this input ?

jakep53
10-08-2014, 05:50 AM
From 1999 to 2012 my dad and I owned a residential construction company. I had lots of fun in my younger years, mastering the techniques of the trade, and learned a lot about business. I made a lot of money in that field. One day I decided that money wasn't my driving force, and that many of the tasks were just dumb labor. Nothing against any construction workers, but that's not enough of a challenge for me, and there really wasn't any reward any more thanks to the new generation of entitled customers.

Some know the story, went to MMI at 32 to find a career that I could LOVE. Powersports is it!! Always had a knack with engines, and had built a few hot rods and bikes in my spare time, so I knew before going that I was into it. Earned a 4.0 gpa with several accolades at MMI, and never looked back.

It took a bit to get settled and decide that I wanted to be around my family, and I was LUCKY enough to accept a position at an independent motorcycle and ATV shop just a couple miles outside the town. We are like a busy little family out there and I couldn't be happier at the end of every day!

Bill is right, if you love it, It ain't work. Just last week I rebuilt a 1st gen 200x motor, a 185s motor, and they PAID me to do it,,, lol,, SUCKERS!!!

Sometimes there's cool things the customer doesn't want :cool:

Who puts a dished slug in a 200x motor?! Not this guy...

Forgot about this 200. Feeling much healthier after seeing the Dohc!! (I helped her quit smoking;))

Motorcycle. Supercharger. Nuff said.

This ytm was fun and easy to get running, what a beauty. The owner paid $1 for it...

Leaving the money was scary, but finding happiness has been worth every penny. And with that, I direct you to my signature.

GOOD LUCK NO MATTER WHAT BILLY!!!

Dam this is like how I imagine my dream job....just work on motorcycles day in day out, after I finish school this is the job I would aim for!!

Billy Golightly
10-08-2014, 06:45 AM
Well Billy, what do you make of all of this input ?

I think I am going to give it some more time and see how things go and how I feel with it in a few more months. I'm leaning towards after everyone elses thoughts here that perhaps this is just a bit of a lull for me in my interest of it and that I'll kind of pick it back up. The hours and "always on" required I think is my biggest thing that gets me, I mean its pretty much like on-call 24/7, and if you don't call someone back in 2 hours over a weekend its like you're derelict in your work no matter how much you do after hours during the week or how much you did 4 sundays in a row before that. Every customer is an instant priority in their own mind. Just pushy and demanding people in general with unrealistic expectations I guess is the biggest downer/complaint.

I'm working on two of the biggest sales I've ever had though, and if both of those close it'll help, but I suppose thats one thing thats been bugging me - I have those in the pipeline and its kind of like meh, no excitement. Don't get me wrong, will be nice when I get the check and can put it in my portfolio - but i question whether its worth all the time, & exhaustion to the point that it consumes you.

I've watched my dad's health go down quite a bit in the last 3-4 months also so thats another factor in making me question this I guess. Every time I get to spend some time in the shop building something or working on bikes with him its kinda like, wtf am I doing.

Money and career wise, I have my doubts building parts and doing fabrication work in the shop would ever really get me anywhere, and I'm mediocre at best at it, but its something I'm passionate about.

Real-estate, marketing, and sales will get me further money and career wise, and I'm good at it, but its just not something I seem to be passionate about lately.

Thanks for all the input everyone.

M.Pargiello
10-08-2014, 07:18 AM
Well Billy, from the few times I have met you, you seem well put together and intelligent (or you are just a good actor, another option! Haha) No doubt you will end up doing something that makes you happy. Might already be doing it and not realize it, or you may walk face first into the perfect opportunity in 6 months.

In the mean time, keep building stuff to maintain sanity :)

Mosh
10-08-2014, 09:30 AM
I think I am going to give it some more time and see how things go and how I feel with it in a few more months. I'm leaning towards after everyone elses thoughts here that perhaps this is just a bit of a lull for me in my interest of it and that I'll kind of pick it back up. The hours and "always on" required I think is my biggest thing that gets me, I mean its pretty much like on-call 24/7, and if you don't call someone back in 2 hours over a weekend its like you're derelict in your work no matter how much you do after hours during the week or how much you did 4 sundays in a row before that. Every customer is an instant priority in their own mind. Just pushy and demanding people in general with unrealistic expectations I guess is the biggest downer/complaint.

but i question whether its worth all the time, & exhaustion to the point that it consumes you.

I've watched my dad's health go down quite a bit in the last 3-4 months also so thats another factor in making me question this I guess. Every time I get to spend some time in the shop building something or working on bikes with him its kinda like, wtf am I doing.
. Boy I know of a few people in my immediate vicinity that have felt this way for years, more so in recent weeks especially...
Sales and services are the most demanding facets of making a living, and you just cannot bow to every whim that a persona may have ALL THE TIME..
That is the nature of the beast, along with patience, a virtue that almost is no longer existent in much of society..

My grandpa died of a heart attack on the front porch of a Roadway trucking terminal from a fall down the steps back in 82. He had worked there 30+ years.

My other grandpa retired from also driving truck after 40 plus years and died in 92.

My dad has been driving truck for over 40 years and still does despite trying to run a business and multiple health issues.
My uncle drove for CF trucking for over 30 years...retired...died of bone cancer under the age of 60 just 16 months after he retired.
My father in law retired from a Morton salt company after 40 years........And can barely walk due to nerve damage in his legs from pounding concrete.

I won't say I hate my job, but after 25 years of putting up with various things believe me when I say, I don't want to have anything to do with my trade anymore. But I get up and drag my miserable ass in there everyday.Sometimes I don't know why other than watching my elders "endeavor to persevere" even when the reward is snatched away from a person in the end. Hopefully i am a few short years away from leaving it on my own terms...Time goes fast

rdlsz24
10-08-2014, 09:47 AM
Billy you seem to have a knack with the IT side of this site, have you considered going into that field? I write charting software for walk in clinics, been doing it 10 years next month. The field is booming right now; we are always hiring and can't even find enough developers at this point. Obamacare mandating everything for medical charting be electronic was like a jump starter for the field. It can get a little monotonous at times but for the most part it's different every day.

Rob

atc007
10-08-2014, 10:22 AM
Believe me when I say.. Pops aint gonna be there forever. When he 's gone,he's gone. The joy in his eyes working with you is very palpable just in your pics.. I simply could not live with myself to not be by their side,the way they were for me. Spending every waking moment I could with them up till their death. Others are different,and it doesn't seem to bother them in the very least. Everyones different. I think your heart has already told you what is right. One little thing is going to happen to push you the way you need to go. Wait and see. I feel for you,it is tough and it sucks..

Billy Golightly
10-08-2014, 11:32 AM
I think part of the problem is I have a really strong desire to diversify and learn to do other things, and the job and current life style doesn't allow for it.

I'd love to be able to take a programming course so I could do more on the site, or write my own mobile phone apps (of which I have dozens of ideas I'd love to be able to find out would actually work or not, some real-estate field related, others not).

I'd also love to be able to work in a real fab or machining shop part time just to learn cnc code and programming, solid works, etc.

Too many things rolling around in the jumbled brain of mine and not enough hours in the day :)

Mrs.Mosh
10-08-2014, 01:03 PM
Well good luck to ya. Some would say be happy you have a job.

If you do decide to change things up, you should do it while you are young. Once you add a spouse, owning a home, and kids into the mix it is harder to change careers.

The_Steve_Man
10-08-2014, 01:16 PM
Got laid off in July and taking the opportunity to take CNC classes and work on an engineering degree.

C.J
10-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Well I quit my job at a vape shop last month and I'm moving to Oregon in the morning to work for ******** innovations.

El Camexican
10-08-2014, 11:45 PM
For whatever reason I've never stayed at the same job for more than 7 years till now. I've never been fired or laid off, almost always left on good terms with plenty of notice, but it seems that as soon as I reach what I deem to be the last rung on the ladder I need to move on.

Now with the kid and wife and age creeping up on me I see things differently. I'm on year 10 now of whatever it is I do (it varies wildly) and while I can't advance any further as far as titles go, there is still an unlimited potential to grow the company and make more money. Besides that I still enjoy it, but not as much as I once did.

Billy, if you aren't tied down by a family, or payments at the moment I would tell you to follow your heart. You can always go back to what you're bored of today if need be.

C.J
10-09-2014, 01:55 AM
That's kinda how I did it, El. It's a crazy feeling knowing you can just up and go somewhere else lol

But I guess the whole 'having a family' is probably a crazy feeling too

sweetip2000
10-12-2014, 09:37 PM
lol you make me laugh..... I have been unemployed for 3 years now

90guy
10-12-2014, 10:03 PM
Gotta love it. Been at the job for 2 years. Lots of movement with the older guys retiring. Pic of my plant. As Obama would said. We are destroying the environment in the picture what you are seeing is mostly steam from scrubbing the flue gas with a lime treatment before it leaves the plant. Along with a little blow off valve of steam to the atmosphere. 202848

tri again
10-15-2014, 05:26 AM
Career change?
Well, I advanced in my field as far as I wanted financially and professionally and then
the back trouble monster visited.
I read everything I could about rags to riches and how, whomever got 'successful'.
(pre internet btw) so lots of footwork afk.
Decided that I wanted to live in a beautiful place...for free...and never have to answer a phone or go anywhere if I didn't want to.
Sounds lofty and all my friends laughed at me. "Yeah right, who doesn't?"
Found a piece of the country where real estate was stable, bought some rentals with a credit card for down pmts as rental leases were sufficient for proof of ability to pay, dealt with that *&^% for a couple yrs, sold and bought acreage.
I remodeled the barn to live in and rent out the main house and an rv spot.
Nice to not be here alone in case something happens.
so? retired at 44 with lots to do, IF I feel like doing it.
For me, it was to start with the impossible dream and let the pieces fall into place.
I think zillow has this place at 1.2mil. NOT bragging in any way, still shellshocked and waiting for something to blow it all away or fall apart. Wouldn't mind leaving the country but as funky as things are, I think we're relatively safe here. Some place where the weather is perfect might entice me.. less clothes, shoes and boots.and trikes are street legal. :-)
Follow your dreams. It will come to you.