PDA

View Full Version : Beater upper 200s trade for a beat up yamaha bigwheel 200es, 200s parts needed.

hheywire
10-12-2014, 10:29 PM
Howdy, thought I'd give the 3 wheeler world community a try on acquiring some parts. Parts not needed anytime soon due to no money right now. But was just wondering who all has parts and who's willing to sell for what price. But anyways to get away from the black and white talk here's the story. A friend of my fathers has this really cool yammy BW200es, I've always wanted to get it but he's never wanted to sell. I finally acquired the next best thing and bought my self a smoking knocking Honda tr200 fat cat. Someone ran it with out oil so it roughed up a few things, bought a wiseco piston and rebuilt the top end and she was good as new. Love the fat cat but also still love the big wheel. So my dad tells me that his friends willing to trade the big wheel for one of my 3 wheelers. Well all my 3 wheelers are in too good of shape and or rare to let go, except for one. My rat trike, oil burning no front wheel bearing no brake having no rear plastics hunk of junk. Well it does run and shifts good, I figure if I put at least a front brake on it with some actual bearings it might be more reliable for him. I do have a used high compression high performance piston for it. I just have to get the jug bored out so that would take care of the smoking problem. I can make my own mud guards. I guess I just need a front hub assembly with brake and axle. Also the front doesn't have suspension. Just straight forks so I don't know if that would be a different brake style. Just let me hear your thoughts.

Regards Heyward:beer

cap
10-13-2014, 02:25 AM
I think you should talk to the owner of the BW yourself and find out exactly what trike is willing to trade for.

hheywire
10-13-2014, 02:56 PM
I'm going to. But the other vehicles I have wouldn't be fair for me to trade with. I have a 1985 big red 250es in good working order, a 2nd gen 1986 atc 125m in good shape, and a 1985 350x in amazing shape. Then there's that 200s thats a reliable but beat up machine just like his. You kind of see what I'm talking about now?

cap
10-13-2014, 07:47 PM
Beat up BW200's still go for over 1k if you can find one.
But it's all in the trade I guess, If you can pull it off good for you!

hheywire
10-13-2014, 11:35 PM
Yea I talked to the guy and he said he was looking for something in better condition, for right now though I'm going to lend him my big red as collateral. He said to just come by and get it with out trade and that we could work something out later. I figured that wouldn't really be fair so I'm going to leave him with my big red so I wont feel bad or forget to find something for him to replace. He's getting the better end of the deal. I can't get my bigred back until I find something for sale that I can get to complete the trade.

terminal velcty
10-15-2014, 08:34 AM
Nice of the guy to lend you the BW to test out. Is it just me or, if you have to buy something to trade with this guy for his BW wouldnt you simply be better off just to pay him cash directly for it?

Plus, who wants to be down a trike anyway for a swap/trade deal anyway:)