PDA

View Full Version : Old Human, new member

Kismet
10-13-2014, 01:36 PM
Howdy folks,

I took in a 1980 110 as a swap (from a guy you would SWEAR was telling the truth.:) ) and although I've got decades as a motorcycle rider, am still teaching myself how to stay alive on it, now that is is running consistently. I will only be "puttering" on farm roads and pastures, so speed skills are not a concern.

Was surprised to get the sense that riding the 3 wheeler is like an aerobics work-out, but that's part of learning, right?

I've got a couple of simple questions which I could not find answers to in the "search" function, so I'll ask here, and then continue on to see if I can find the right sub-forum to ask. I'm funding this venture with Social Security, so everything penny-pinched.

Front forks are bent in a bit; no crimp in the metal, but straightening them out would move the foot-print out about 2 inches. I'm told a come-along will serve to pull them out, but I'm not sure what I would gain by doing that. I have some concerns out the steering head bearings being stressed as I pull the axle out.

AND, the 110 came without a headlight nacelle or lights. Is there any cheap-n'-easy fix for this? I would not be riding at night, but if I go out to a deer stand and come home at dusk, I'd like to see the road. I believe it is a 6V system.

I live in SW rural Wisconsin. I'm a pheasant hunter. Some years I fix up old aluminum boats and then (so far) sell them for less than it cost me to rehab them.

Thank you.

Kis

yaegerb
10-13-2014, 01:53 PM
If you have a shop in your town with a press (or if you have a press) you could put the front forks in a v-block and straighten them with heat and pressure.

Here is a headlight for a 110 on ebay. Could be prettied up and needs a light, but you sound like a handy guy and could work on this.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-Honda-ATC110-Headlight-Bucket-Rim-/151426334640?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2341b67fb0&vxp=mtr