PDA

View Full Version : Old Human, new member...with a couple of questions on 1980 110 ATC

Kismet
10-13-2014, 01:45 PM
Took this abused 110 in as part of a swap. It is running reliably (at the moment), but now have couple of questions

Front forks are bent in a bit; no crimp in the metal, but straightening them out would move the foot-print out about 2 inches. I'm told a come-along will serve to pull them out, but I'm not sure what I would gain by doing that.

Would I gain much more control by straightening them? I drive slowly on the machine. I have some concerns about the steering head bearings being stressed as I pull the axle out.

AND, the 110 came without a headlight nacelle or lights. Is there any cheap-n'-easy fix for this? I would not be riding at night, but if I go out to a deer stand and come home at dusk, I'd like to see the road.
Right now there's a flashlight hose-clamped to the front rack. I believe the 1980 is a six volt system.

I'm on a very restricted budget, so I'm hoping there are inexpensive ways to address these issues.

Thank you for your courtesy.

Kis

rdonald1979
10-13-2014, 02:24 PM
Check with your local machine shop to have them pressed out. The one I deal with used to charge me 20 bucks.

Joseph Farrow
10-13-2014, 10:03 PM
Keep an eye out on ebay for a front light assembly or post in the want add section that you are looking for a front light assembly. Someone will come to your rescue.
As far as the front forks your not going to hurt anything using a come a long on the front forks. Just take your time. The main issue with them being bent back is the clearance of the front fender to motor mount.

Kismet
10-13-2014, 10:44 PM
Thank you, gentlemen.

I appreciate the information.

It helps a lot.

Kis