PDA

View Full Version : The Ebola outbreak.

hatc200x1
10-16-2014, 12:20 AM
What are you guy's thoughts and opinions with what is going on in the US with Ebola?

tripledog
10-16-2014, 01:03 AM
Kind of scary, because you never know where it is going to show up. It is like a lethal "whack-a-mole" game. The fact that it has arrived in the US is grounds for concern, but not panic, imho.

phantombiker
10-16-2014, 02:26 AM
its enough to make worry for my ol' lady and her kid. i dont want them to get it.

tripledog
10-16-2014, 02:53 AM
^^^ Nice that you put your woman and her child before yourself, but here's to hoping you don't contract the disease, either.

phantombiker
10-16-2014, 04:05 AM
^^^ Nice that you put your woman and her child before yourself, but here's to hoping you don't contract the disease, either.

thx for the kind words, bro, but i was told its a nasty virus. if it goes international, i say all us healthy people meet at trikefest location. i dont say the spesific spot for obvious reasons. it will be ours!!!! hahahahhahahha!!!

Mosh
10-16-2014, 06:54 AM
While I was pushing my 2 carts through the local super center last night.....
Heavily laden with 2 30 packs of beer , 6 cases of water, 2 boxes of surgical gloves , and a case of 3m face masks, 100 40 cal WWB bullets , taking turns sliding off a mound of canned foods and boxed foods....I found myself trying to get down a crowded shitticket isle that I could not maneuver my 2 carts through do to crowd. Just getting over a head and chest cold last week I broke out into a fit of congestive coughing left over and the the isle cleared in 1 second flat like Moses parting of the sea...

El Camexican
10-16-2014, 08:15 AM
Crazy stuff, I went through Dallas last week and that's about as close as I want to get to this thing.

There is one place in Canada that is supposedly equipped to handle Ebola and at the time I was involved with some work there they said only two places in the US had the same capacity. Atlanta was one, I don't recall the other.

So, three places in all of North America were deemed capable to contain Ebola then, but now it can be handled in public hospitals?:wondering Wait for it, the WHO claimed 1,400,000 global infections by the end of the year. Sounds like a lot, but once the virus gets to a taco stand operator down here the numbers will soar.

DohcBikes
10-16-2014, 08:30 AM
There is an Ebola case in Omaha El. You may have been closer than you think....

He's recovering. The hospital in Omaha claims to be equipped for 3 Ebola patients.

I'm a bit worried only because I'm the idiot that would try to wait till I'm bout dead to see a doctor.

I originally thought contraction was a death sentence, but I guess it can be treated. I feel uninformed on the disease and the treatment.

El Camexican
10-16-2014, 08:56 AM
There is an Ebola case in Omaha El. You may have been closer than you think....

He's recovering. The hospital in Omaha claims to be equipped for 3 Ebola patients.

I'm a bit worried only because I'm the idiot that would try to wait till I'm bout dead to see a doctor.

I originally thought contraction was a death sentence, but I guess it can be treated. I feel uninformed on the disease and the treatment.

I'm the same way, but if everyone with the common cold goes to the doctor the lines will be a mile long. Seems there is some treatment, but like you I don't know much about it and I wonder how many doctors do. We can't blame them though, it's not like this has ever happened before, this is a game changer for the healthcare system. Bye bye Obamacare, hello Ebolacare?

coolpool
10-16-2014, 09:15 AM
Maybe I'm a bit naive but why is the US and Canada even allowing flights in from infected countries? I realize Health Care workers are over there to help but would it be too harsh to quarantine every traveller for 30 days? Logistically challenging but doable. I think we all need to know what the expected outcomes are if you've contrated the disease, treatments, survival rates etc.

Ghostv2
10-16-2014, 12:26 PM
Maybe I'm just weird, but I really take this lightly. I'm not concerned. I mean, if worse comes to worse and it turns into a huge viral outbreak there is no stopping it unless you isolate yourself and your family. I dont have a family of my own, I don't have children to worry about. So maybe that's a contributing factor. But I can't afford to leave society and become a prepper.

I like to live life and not stress over stuff. So I will continue to do so.

DasUberKraut
10-16-2014, 12:37 PM
Population control.

All those FEMA prison camps that were popping up everywhere. This is how they are going to get everyone to flock to them willingly.

6speedthumper
10-16-2014, 06:06 PM
The government is behind it...

El Camexican
10-16-2014, 06:20 PM
Maybe I'm a bit naive but why is the US and Canada even allowing flights in from infected countries? I realize Health Care workers are over there to help but would it be too harsh to quarantine every traveller for 30 days? Logistically challenging but doable. I think we all need to know what the expected outcomes are if you've contrated the disease, treatments, survival rates etc.

It would be great if they could just isolate the areas where it is most prevalent and let it run its course, but I think its way past the stage where that would help now.

For example there are a number of people in civilized countries like Spain that have it now. People come and go from there frequently. To China, India, the North America, etc. If flights are blocked from Africa they would also need to be blocked from all or Europe and the orient as well as you never know who came from where. The effect would be crippling to the economies of the world and in the end all it will have done is slow down whatever is going to happen anyway.

I hope that if the blood from past survivors is truly a cure that they can come up with a vaccine before this goes too much further, but that stuff takes a lot of time to put out in bulk.

Worst case scenario: overpopulation ceases to be an issue, the environment gets a little break, insurance companies go broke, the stock market crashes and ends the monetary system. Cold but possibly true.

For the moment look at it this way; about as many people have won jackpot lotteries and been hit by lightning in the past week as have contracted Ebola in the US. As good as that sounds I still by lotto tickets so I guess that’s why I still worry about Ebola.

Fox250R
10-16-2014, 06:24 PM
I see no need to freak out over this.. Wash your hands and go about your normal life.

I think everything will be just fine.

Fear is a deadly weapon!

tripledog
10-16-2014, 06:28 PM
Wow, thanks for brightening my day with post #14, El! As far as the lottery goes, all you need is a dollar and a dream. All I have been able to put together is a nickel and a nightmare.

redsox
10-16-2014, 06:58 PM
I'm not a big believer in disease scare tactics. its a favorite of big government. Scare the pi$$ out of everyone and position yourself as the only savior. its a tried and true method of sheep herding government. i can name ten diseases that have come and gone, with BILLIONS raised to fight them, that were not real threats to anyone. dont believe the hype. its acid rain and global warming. none of us are gonna get ebola.

fabiodriven
10-16-2014, 07:37 PM
^^^Couldn't agree more!!!^^^

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/Screenshot952014-10-14-21-14-51-1_zps1ddd2736.png (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/fabiodriven/media/Screenshot952014-10-14-21-14-51-1_zps1ddd2736.png.html)

El Camexican
10-16-2014, 08:59 PM
Wow, thanks for brightening my day with post #14, El! As far as the lottery goes, all you need is a dollar and a dream. All I have been able to put together is a nickel and a nightmare.

I'm told they're a tax on the stupid. I buy them whenever I can.:lol:

tripledog
10-16-2014, 09:58 PM
Wondering if the guy that use to let us sign out books at my old school is at risk. Pretty sure he was a Liberian.

tripledog
10-16-2014, 10:38 PM
Population control.

All those FEMA prison camps that were popping up everywhere. This is how they are going to get everyone to flock to them willingly.

And live rent free. WOO HOO!

Poco Loco
10-16-2014, 11:06 PM
And live rent free. WOO HOO!

And live rent free with no freedom. A bell rings...Oh its time to eat....another bell...its time to take a shiit...another bell...its bed time.

No thanks, I'd rather save one bullet for me. Im gonna keep the guns loaded and stay on the hill.

So many other countrys have closed their borders to travelers from that region. Not us. We cant close ours. We have a president that is going to sign the amnustiy (cant spell it Doh) bill. It will be signed just after the Midterm elections. Those US borders must remain an open conduit for more future voters to keep the Dems in power. Thats the only way they have a chance. They will vote for every entitlement program the Govt. can throw at them. This is a test for all of us. We are being cheated out of a honorable nation. We have sunk to an all time new low.

tripledog
10-16-2014, 11:20 PM
We are all going to die, but why not prolong that eventuality to the best of our abilities?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00aT35vyJM4

briano
10-16-2014, 11:32 PM
Just stating the obvious, but yet another disease here from Africa. And now we will spend billions there trying to stop this disease while people here suffer. Quit spending billion after billion trying to figure out Africa's problems when we have our our own here now. No more flights in or out from there. If our people are stupid enough to go over to try and help a helpless country, too bad, stay there. We have our own problems here that need attention before a country that is so full of disease that there is no hope for them anyway. I'm sorry but it's about god damn time that we start taking care of us. All of the commercials about all of these poor countries that need help, too bad. They been that way for hundreds of years. WE should be taking care of our own people, I for one would rather send my money to the damn humane society than some country that have been living like animals since the beginning of time. I don't care if you want to fornicate with monkeys, but when you do, keep your funky diseases in your own god damn country and take care of it yourself. The USA don't want it, it's not because you're black, so no need for Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson, it's because you fornicate with baboons and drink your own piss like your ancestors have been doing for hundreds of years That's not OUR fault so keep your filth and disease where it belongs.

Yes, I'm a bit racist. Sue me. The truth hurts sometimes. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way. Now the racist card is coming out with the death of Mr. Duncan that died of Ebola in a Texas hospital. Sharpton and Jackson said that we didn't do enough for him. This is part of the problem with us, we are more worried about everybody else, sometimes we should take care of our own before taking care of a stranger

tripledog
10-17-2014, 12:03 AM
Yup, put up a fence surrounding the United States... that is the answer. Sad thing is that we need international commerce to exist. Have to consider the risk versus reward. Good luck finding anything that is American made (and affordable) nowadays. Need fork seals for a 250sx? Who ya gonna call? CHINA!!! Sad but true.

6speedthumper
10-17-2014, 01:16 PM
And live rent free with no freedom. A bell rings...Oh its time to eat....another bell...its time to take a shiit...another bell...its bed time.

No thanks, I'd rather save one bullet for me. Im gonna keep the guns loaded and stay on the hill.

So many other countrys have closed their borders to travelers from that region. Not us. We cant close ours. We have a president that is going to sign the amnustiy (cant spell it Doh) bill. It will be signed just after the Midterm elections. Those US borders must remain an open conduit for more future voters to keep the Dems in power. Thats the only way they have a chance. They will vote for every entitlement program the Govt. can throw at them. This is a test for all of us. We are being cheated out of a honorable nation. We have sunk to an all time new low.

Obama doesn't want to shut the boarders down, so the virus spreads here, so he can invoke marshal law and become dictator.

Just stating the obvious, but yet another disease here from Africa. And now we will spend billions there trying to stop this disease while people here suffer. Quit spending billion after billion trying to figure out Africa's problems when we have our our own here now. No more flights in or out from there. If our people are stupid enough to go over to try and help a helpless country, too bad, stay there. We have our own problems here that need attention before a country that is so full of disease that there is no hope for them anyway. I'm sorry but it's about god damn time that we start taking care of us. All of the commercials about all of these poor countries that need help, too bad. They been that way for hundreds of years. WE should be taking care of our own people, I for one would rather send my money to the damn humane society than some country that have been living like animals since the beginning of time. I don't care if you want to fornicate with monkeys, but when you do, keep your funky diseases in your own god damn country and take care of it yourself. The USA don't want it, it's not because you're black, so no need for Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson, it's because you fornicate with baboons and drink your own piss like your ancestors have been doing for hundreds of years That's not OUR fault so keep your filth and disease where it belongs.

Yes, I'm a bit racist. Sue me. The truth hurts sometimes. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way. Now the racist card is coming out with the death of Mr. Duncan that died of Ebola in a Texas hospital. Sharpton and Jackson said that we didn't do enough for him. This is part of the problem with us, we are more worried about everybody else, sometimes we should take care of our own before taking care of a stranger

I think briano and I could become really good friends with what he wrote. lol

phantombiker
10-18-2014, 03:00 AM
obama=not good.

helping our own and other close, good people=good.

shut down the boarders and tap the oil in alaska and i think we'll be ok. save some money by not helping other countries and, maybe, i dont know, maybe help our own homeless who actually need it and we would most likely improve a bit. feel free to correct me if im wrong. we have our own probs that need help. sounds cold but frik the others at the moment.

thx, bros...mark

phantombiker
10-18-2014, 03:05 AM
p.s. someone actually told me there's no cure for ebola and it reanimates you if it kills you...plus seen it on fb...sounds far fletched but what does the *government* do when we're not looking? i dont buy it but my ole lady and her kid make me cast a weary eye.......

El Camexican
10-18-2014, 10:35 AM
p.s. someone actually told me there's no cure for ebola and it reanimates you if it kills you... :lol:That would be something to see!

Guessing the no cure part is correct. For as little as I know of it no viruse can be cured. None of any kind ever have. They can often be immunized against, fought off when the host develops antibodies, put into remission (like herpes, or shingles) or just hang out on your body for a few months and then die off. In the case of ebola I believe it is a matter of treating the symptoms and hoping the patient is strong enough to live long enough to develop antibodies. That's where the "blood of a survivor" thing likely comes from.

A little off topic, but did you know there are people who are immune to AIDS? My sis was involved with some research in med school about this and apparently there were African women (prostitutes) they studied who were carrying HIV, but never developed AIDS. Makes me wonder why they can't come up with a vaccine for it. Oh wait, I remember why now; THERE"S NO MONEY TO BE MADE FROM A CURE! Sad but true. Carry on.

f76
10-18-2014, 10:59 AM
Soon Obama will offer Africa free health care and maintain that the increase cost of insurance for us tax paying citizens is "affordable".

Fox250R
10-19-2014, 12:14 AM
Soon Obama will offer Africa free health care and maintain that the increase cost of insurance for us tax paying citizens is "affordable".

Thanks Obola!

YTZ drew
10-19-2014, 09:41 AM
A little off topic, but did you know there are people who are immune to AIDS?
I actually just learned about that not long ago. They also have theorized that people who had ancestors survive the black plague may be immune, due to the similarity of the viruses. Weird science...

El Camexican
10-19-2014, 12:50 PM
I actually just learned about that not long ago. They also have theorized that people who had ancestors survive the black plague may be immune, due to the similarity of the viruses. Weird science...

Actually I believe it's just mother nature doing her thing. Survival of the fittest and we have messed it up with medicines and look at the mess it has gotten us into.

I was once proud to say I was distant kin to Alexander Fleming (Grandma's second cousin), but the fact is that he is almost singlehandedly responsible for overpopulation, global warming, impossible to maintain healthcare systems, untold pollution etc. Before penicillin life expectancy was under 40 years and every problem I just mentioned would have been more than halved without commercially available antibiotics.

Granted, they've saved my life and maybe yours too at some point and I'm sure not complaining about that, but from a purely scientific perspective they are ruining the earth by keeping our weak alive to breed. Ebola, the black plague, SARS, AIDS and all the other diseases are part of natures way of trying to keep our species strong and yet we fight them tooth and nail as survival is a natural instinct. Medicines and political correctness may make the world a better place to live short term, but they may also be our ultimate undoing.

DohcBikes
10-19-2014, 01:10 PM
Actually I believe it's just mother nature doing her thing. Survival of the fittest and we have messed it up with medicines and look at the mess it has gotten us into.

I was once proud to say I was distant kin to Alexander Fleming (Grandma's second cousin), but the fact is that he is almost singlehandedly responsible for overpopulation, global warming, impossible to maintain healthcare systems, untold pollution etc. Before penicillin life expectancy was under 40 years and every problem I just mentioned would have been more than halved without commercially available antibiotics.

Granted, they've saved my life and maybe yours too at some point and I'm sure not complaining about that, but from a purely scientific perspective they are ruining the earth by keeping our weak alive to breed. Ebola, the black plague, SARS, AIDS and all the other diseases are part of natures way of trying to keep our species strong and yet we fight them tooth and nail as survival is a natural instinct. Medicines and political correctness may make the world a better place to live short term, but they may also be our ultimate undoing.
Longer life would be fine if people started doing some unselfish math. Too many babies up in this place man. People need to evaluate and adapt, and it's not happening. Gotta stop having so many kids. People love their kids so no one wants to face it. Nothing against people with 3,4,5,6 and more kids, but there just isn't enough room here anymore. There aren't enough resources on the earth for all these waste full people. Obviously this goes double for anybody that's already struggling to get by. Unfortunately nobody on either side is listening, because for the short term, more babies equals more money for both sides. Greed and Laziness working together in harmony.

El Camexican
10-19-2014, 05:16 PM
Longer life would be fine if people started doing some unselfish math. Too many babies up in this place man. People need to evaluate and adapt, and it's not happening. Gotta stop having so many kids. People love their kids so no one wants to face it. Nothing against people with 3,4,5,6 and more kids, but there just isn't enough room here anymore. There aren't enough resources on the earth for all these waste full people. Obviously this goes double for anybody that's already struggling to get by. Unfortunately nobody on either side is listening, because for the short term, more babies equals more money for both sides. Greed and Laziness working together in harmony.

I started calling people with more that two kids "ecological terrorists" a few years back. there was a time and place for 5 kids, but not anymore. Unfortunately aside from China no country is doing anything about it. The US and Canada practically have breeding for dollars programs. Go forth and multiply, the rally call of every religion looking for an extra pocket to pick to fill the collection plate.

tripledog
10-19-2014, 06:24 PM
I am the middle child of 7 kids. My parents are 2 of the nicest eco-terrorists that one would ever hope to meet.

fabiodriven
10-19-2014, 08:29 PM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/Screenshot_2014-10-19-19-44-53-1_zps2bca01a2.png (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/fabiodriven/media/Screenshot_2014-10-19-19-44-53-1_zps2bca01a2.png.html)

El Camexican
10-19-2014, 10:04 PM
I am the middle child of 7 kids. My parents are 2 of the nicest eco-terrorists that one would ever hope to meet.

Let me clarify, any parents under the age of 30. Your folks made you in different times and they seem to have raised you right and if not, well, you're still funny as hell!:beer

tripledog
10-19-2014, 10:18 PM
Let me clarify, any parents under the age of 30. Your folks made you in different times and they seem to have raised you right and if not, well, you're still funny as hell!:beer

I will take any compliment I can get. They are few and far between.

6speedthumper
10-19-2014, 11:31 PM
I started calling people with more that two kids "ecological terrorists" a few years back. there was a time and place for 5 kids, but not anymore. Unfortunately aside from China no country is doing anything about it. The US and Canada practically have breeding for dollars programs. Go forth and multiply, the rally call of every religion looking for an extra pocket to pick to fill the collection plate.

Hmm... sounds like the Dugar family wouldn't like you very much, El! Lol! I agree with you though. There was a time and place for large families, but, now, in today's world, not so much.

Billy Golightly
10-20-2014, 08:08 AM
Puts things into perspective....

86T3
10-20-2014, 10:35 AM
I understand that relatively few people have died had a result of ebola so far, but i think Bruse Springstein put it best, "From small things momma, big things one day come." 70% mortality rate on a disease that is passed through liquid transfer and could possibly go airborne? I'll worry about that no matter how much the government tells me not to.

ironchop
10-20-2014, 01:51 PM
Fact: more people die every year from a Flu virus than Ebola.

Sarcasm Fact: This administration is the most incompetent ever. They would surely and disasterously screw up trimming the population just as much or worse than any of their other schemes to date. They would CLAIM on the news they have trimmed the country by 15 million but in Obamacare/ Unemployment figures terms, that actually translates to a little over 117,000 or 356 people. Whichever is less. Nothing to worry about.

Personal Fact: I`m not worried. I have survived many things that have killed many others and I feel blessed the reaper has passed me thus far but my time will come as everyone`s time does and I will face it like a man ( a vomiting man with soupy guts and my eyeballs bleeding, but a man nonetheless Lol) and be grateful for living and experiencing all I have endured. I am at peace with my own mortality.

on the subject of population control:

http://investmentwatchblog.com/30-population-control-quotes-that-show-that-the-elite-truly-believe-that-humans-are-a-plague-upon-the-earth/

250rRoostmaster
10-20-2014, 04:28 PM
I'm the same way, but if everyone with the common cold goes to the doctor the lines will be a mile long. Seems there is some treatment, but like you I don't know much about it and I wonder how many doctors do. We can't blame them though, it's not like this has ever happened before, this is a game changer for the healthcare system. Bye bye Obamacare, hello Ebolacare?

I think i'd rather have ebolacare than obamacare.... What a failure to say the least.....

Caminofeld
10-20-2014, 04:53 PM
Whether it's ebola or something else, we're due for something nasty. Mother nature has a way of natural selection and thinning the herd. I choose the "always be prepared" mentality...call me paranoid all you want, but it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I just hope the big one waits at least until late next year after I get my solar installed...

I'll post more later, but here's a pic of us training today for Ebola at work...

redsox
10-21-2014, 08:52 PM

DAMMIT!!! Best thing i saw all day and i rushed to get it on here and you beat me to it!!! Funny as hell!!

phantombiker
10-22-2014, 03:56 AM
:lol:That would be something to see!

Guessing the no cure part is correct. For as little as I know of it no viruse can be cured. None of any kind ever have. They can often be immunized against, fought off when the host develops antibodies, put into remission (like herpes, or shingles) or just hang out on your body for a few months and then die off. In the case of ebola I believe it is a matter of treating the symptoms and hoping the patient is strong enough to live long enough to develop antibodies. That's where the "blood of a survivor" thing likely comes from.

A little off topic, but did you know there are people who are immune to AIDS? My sis was involved with some research in med school about this and apparently there were African women (prostitutes) they studied who were carrying HIV, but never developed AIDS. Makes me wonder why they can't come up with a vaccine for it. Oh wait, I remember why now; THERE"S NO MONEY TO BE MADE FROM A CURE! Sad but true. Carry on.

shingles is a form of herpes and its possible to carry the aids virus and spread it but not have aids. the shingles fact im sure of but the hivvey virus im pretty sure about but not 100% on.

thx, bro...mark

czac
10-22-2014, 12:38 PM
I really don't plan on touching any Liberians or anyone else from West Africa ever in my life so I think im relatively safe from Ebola. No one in my social circles is a dr or nurse or works in an area where they my come into contact with one either... but, should it happen ill be the first one to hide my butt away from that person. I have a fear of dying while vomiting, having the hersey squirts and bleeding out of my ears and eyes all at once!

czac
10-22-2014, 12:40 PM

lol... getting with her is a good way to catch ebola!

JTHOMAS
10-22-2014, 03:27 PM
Its like winning power ball in reverse....

czac
10-22-2014, 04:26 PM
Its like winning power ball in reverse....

I almost shot Coca-Cola out of my nose!