PDA

View Full Version : 250sx 2 stroke swap?

beastybaconman
10-16-2014, 07:08 PM
I like the heavy duty shaft drive axle setup on the 250sx and the original engine is nice but I'll take a 2 stroke over a 4 any day. So does anyone know of any shaft drive 2 stroke engines that might fit? or what would have to be done to modify a chain drive engine to shaft? I know most people would say to just get a 250r or tecate or something, and I'd like to, but I ride a lot of rocky trails and hit jumps now and then and wheel bearings for a 250sx are cheaper than an axle for any other rig. Any help would be appreciated.

atc500x
10-16-2014, 10:34 PM
Buy a 250r........correct me someone if I'm wrong,there is no 2 stroke shaft driven engine in any atv
...sell the sx,take cash and buy a 250r will be cheaper than destroy the sx and buy an engine,finding all the right parts for probably built something that will never give the kind of ride you're looking for....

briano
10-16-2014, 10:35 PM
You should be posting pics of your build instead of asking what engine will fit. Good luck, if you have to ask what will fit, I guarantee this will NEVER happen.

beastybaconman
10-16-2014, 11:43 PM
You should be posting pics of your build instead of asking what engine will fit. Good luck, if you have to ask what will fit, I guarantee this will NEVER happen.

I haven't started the build yet, and I probably won't, it was just an idea. I just wanted to see if anyone knew of any 2 stroke shaft drive engines, I kind of figured there wasn't any.

Ghostv2
10-17-2014, 08:16 AM
Buy a 250r........correct me someone if I'm wrong,there is no 2 stroke shaft driven engine in any atv
...sell the sx,take cash and buy a 250r will be cheaper than destroy the sx and buy an engine,finding all the right parts for probably built something that will never give the kind of ride you're looking for....

Buy a tri zinger. 2-stroke and shaft driven baby.