PDA

View Full Version : PC Virus help please....

Dirtcrasher
10-17-2014, 12:30 AM
There were some free tools if you did a survey and they couldn't have been expensive, small pack of drill, spade bits and a couple other small and cheap goodies. So I couldn't seem any harm unlike a promise of a cordless drill etc. etc.

When will I learn that nothing comes in for free..........

A couple people said they got them; Worked out well so stupid me, I fell for it.

No address, credit card or phone number request.

So, the next day I get ads everywhere now or they open up a new window. They got me...... So, I tried my Malware Bytes and Adware program I downloaded and it found some of it, but they're still a big PITA!!

So, before I back up and lose all my contacts and other stuff I'll forget, does anyone have a suggestion on a Download.com program to run that works?? I could have run it in Safe Mode as well, but I just closed everything and let it run.

It doesn't seem to harm anything else, just these ads and it opens new tabs that I immediately close ASAP!!!!:

It ought to be illegal for these guys to do this.....

Any suggestions are helpful; Thanks to you all in advance fellow trikers.

Steve
DC

El Camexican
10-17-2014, 12:42 AM
I use Fix My PC when I get a virus. Costs a bit, like $40 bucks a yesr, but so far it has never let me down going on at least 4 years.

Motorgidd
10-17-2014, 02:07 PM
DC,

Just curious, what are you running for anti-virus? AVG Free is pretty good as far as free goes. Like you suggested you could try running everything in Safe-Mode (Anti-virus and spyware programs, Also make sure all are up to date). And make sure you delete all your cookies and temporary internet files too. MalwareBytes and Adaware usally work pretty good for me. You could also try Spybot SD.

http://download.cnet.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10122137.html

I would hate to see you re-image your pc just because of some pop-ups.:mad:

Dirtcrasher
10-18-2014, 01:56 AM
Thanks guys!!

leevarnado
10-18-2014, 07:29 PM
i have been using bit defender for a few years and haven't had a virus yet.