PDA

View Full Version : 350x dies when throttle applied

350xter
10-20-2014, 01:54 PM
Howdy 3 wheeler world , looking for a little help with my trike! I have been a proud owner of an 85 350x for years, bike has been a beast and never me down.

So, It has been about 6 months since the bike was kicked over last. Bike ran and rode great before parked.
Recently decided to get her ready and tuned for the coming dune season and she is acting like a pig.

I kick her over and she starts within 3 kicks, she will idle, but when you apply the throttle, she bogs out. Will not accelerate or gain motor speed. If you hold throttle open she bogs and dies. If you give a little throttle and let go she bogs and returns to idle. There is a little smoke present, but not a lot, she is not "smoking"

The carb is clean,fuel lines and tank are clean
New coil and plug

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

DohcBikes
10-20-2014, 02:41 PM
Check your air filter and your choke assembly.

YamaBoss
10-22-2014, 07:25 AM
When you say "the carb is clean" does that mean you just cleaned it? Or it was cleaned before you stored it. I would double check to make sure your gas hasn't gummed something up in there. Just a thought. I had a similar thing happen with mine I figured the carb was still clean but it wasn't. Nothing worse then old gas. It seems it is bad in a few weeks if you don't use your machine.

effort=results
10-25-2014, 11:16 AM
Hows your compression?