PDA

View Full Version : I think I may have contracted ebayola - twice!

tripledog
10-24-2014, 06:48 PM
I bought a kickstart lever for a Honda Trail 90 on ebay. When it arrived, I noticed that the kicker peg only swung out to about 60 degrees instead of 90 degrees. Rather than respond in anger, I notified the seller. He said he would send me a second one, and that he would make sure it opened fully. Although it was nice of the seller to send another kicker free of charge, it would have been even nicer if it didn't have the same defect as the first one. I am conflicted... I don't want to leave the seller negative feedback, but I also don't want others to buy defective parts.

briano
10-24-2014, 08:42 PM
That's why everyone on the site here rides 3 wheelers, no need for a kickstand. Lol

just ben
10-24-2014, 09:08 PM
Kickstand, kick starter... Same difference. From the pics it looks to be a new aftermarket piece? Grind the stop on it and give the guy positive feedback. You got 2 for the price of one. It's an aftermarket part meant for another machine, you kinda have to expect it to not be a perfect fit.

tripledog
10-24-2014, 09:30 PM
Kickstand, kick starter... Same difference. From the pics it looks to be a new aftermarket piece? Grind the stop on it and give the guy positive feedback. You got 2 for the price of one. It's an aftermarket part meant for another machine, you kinda have to expect it to not be a perfect fit.

I don't know if there is enough material on either side of the mating surfaces to grind any away... I did think of that. I suppose I could try it on one. The worst that could happen is that I end up with more junk parts. They'll be right at home here! I'll follow the advice of a fellow New Yorker and leave positive feedback.

briano
10-25-2014, 12:43 AM
My bad. It's been a long day and I read kickstand. Am I a meathead

tripledog
10-25-2014, 01:01 AM
My bad. It's been a long day and I read kickstand. Am I a meathead

I am a bigger meathead. I ran over my foot more than once the first time I rode a 3 wheeler. By comparison, you are a genius.

kaymo
10-25-2014, 12:32 PM
i just got a recoil start for a sideshaft motor from a guy. ordered the more expensive one from florida for 17 instead of the same exact one for 5 from china so i didnt have to wait. listed as brand new

went i got it, the edges were banged up and coating chipped off, bare metal showing. also covered in sticky residue. i contacted the seller about both issues and they replied not to worry, the residue was the protective film they peel off to check them for damage before they get sent out. have a nice day!

i was like... wtf.. you ignored the rest

oh well we are out of stock so you can send it back for a full refund.

well i need the thing for a customer so i cant wait to send it back and buy another. i will have to sand and paint this thing to make it look new. how about a partial refund? ( i was expecting half my money back)

so guys how much is a can of spraypaint and some sandpaper? (if you dont already have some)

they refunded 4 dollars. blah... dont know if i feel like giving them good feedback...maybe some neutral feedback. they did give me something back at least...

tripledog
10-25-2014, 06:15 PM
^^^ I have had similar dealings on ebay, kaymo. Should that happen to you again, open a case against the seller. Out of over 600 purchases on ebay, I have only done that twice. Both times ebay refunded my full purchase price, plus shipping costs.