PDA

View Full Version : Need help rear end on my 85 tri z.

jesseatcman
10-27-2014, 09:02 AM
The rear end is jumping up and down when i get going fast 3 or4 gear.

Jmoozy27
10-27-2014, 10:32 PM
Axle may be bent, jack the rear end off of the ground and spin the axle

jesseatcman
10-28-2014, 08:34 AM
Okay, thanks. I think I may be missing some swing arm parts too. I just picked up the trike a couple of weeks ago. It was a basket case when i got her but she has come a long way.

jesseatcman
10-29-2014, 12:05 PM
Could my chain be to tight? How much slack should I have?

muthey
10-29-2014, 11:23 PM
If you can make the trip to glendive, mt we can get a look at what is going on with it. If I have decent enough weather tomorrow I can take pics of my rear end and you can compare, my main thought is that your shock is toast. If you push on the rear end does is move really easy almost rubbery?

jesseatcman
10-30-2014, 10:30 AM
Yes the rear suspension is shot. I plan on swapping that out when I get my swing arm bushings and bearings. Any advice on how to change the whole suspension? Glendive isn't too far from me maybe 4 or 5 hours I think.

jesseatcman
10-30-2014, 10:40 AM
This is what I'm dealing with. The one in the yellow frame is the good suspension.

jesseatcman
10-30-2014, 10:45 AM
This is what I'm dealing with. The one in the yellow frame is the good suspension.
I had no idea that the suspension would make it jump all over when I get into the top end. My 250r suspension is bad too but it doesn't do that.

muthey
10-31-2014, 12:04 AM
yeah that's one of the problems with the shock they used, not cheaply rebuildable and very expensive to replace with a duplicate.there are others that can be used a warrior shock I believe is a direct replacement, and there are some others. I just did my swing arm bearings and races this spring. the only advice I can give is to take all the excess weight off before you start, will make it much easier to do. Also you might have to use a hammer to slide it back into place. I have a complete banshee swing that I am going to modify to make as a swap out for my oem in case something happens to my original. You should try and make it this way we have one of the best atv parks in the area here. I have a few vids on youtube of some of it. here's one of them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rmDNDnixfk

jesseatcman
10-31-2014, 08:45 AM
That looks like a blast. Can't wait til I can ride mine like that. Hopefully I can make it out there next year.

muthey
10-31-2014, 10:00 AM
the other part is who you get the bearings from, I got mine from all balls, and they were a super tight fit. I didn't strip everything off that I could though so I did it the hard way. Otherwise I have had them in for over half the year and they seem to be holding up really well. In the trikesylvania section there is a thread discussing what shocks will work as a replacement, the banshee shock does work, but you have to modify the bike to be able to use it. Do you have a manual for the z? If not here is a link where you can download one for it. http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/

jesseatcman
10-31-2014, 10:11 AM
My bearings came from all ballz too. I have a good shock on one of the other frames that I have. I'm going to swap them out as soon as I receive the bearings. I have a total of three shocks and swing arms. Two of the shocks are blown out though. Luckily one is good.

belly
10-31-2014, 11:19 AM
If your looking for a replacement shock, do a search for using a warrior shock. I'm sure you can pick those up for cheap.

jesseatcman
02-28-2015, 10:16 AM
Thank you every one for your contribution. I found the problem. Someone had put about 32 oz of slime in each rear tire. The tires were brand new, so I had no reason to look there. Well I have lots of new parts in the trike now. She rides great. Thanks again.

jolson185
02-28-2015, 11:33 AM
Did u buy your tri z in Bismarck?

jesseatcman
03-01-2015, 02:28 PM
I got it from a guy up by Belcourt.