PDA

View Full Version : Another 85r question

trikeguy2014
10-28-2014, 06:18 PM
So I have had my 85r for awhile now and I noticed before it doesn't have a radiator overflow tank. The tube is there still. I check the radiator and it never loses any and I have never seen it leak from the overflow tube before. So my question is do I really need to worry about getting one for it.
Any help would be great

poohbee1
10-28-2014, 06:31 PM
I would put one back on for normal riding .At least have the overflow tube mounted like a dirt bike straight down so it pushes the coolant on the exhaust . That will let you know when you see steam . For racing you don't need one at all if it starts pushing water its not going to stop until you do .

Red Rider
10-28-2014, 06:33 PM
It's not necessary as long as you check the coolant level a little more frequently. Also, it's a little easier to check the level when you have an overflow tank. With an overflow tank, it's just a matter of looking at the level through a semi-transparant tank, rather than popping off the radiator cap in that tight confined space.

RIDE-RED 250r
10-28-2014, 08:10 PM
One of my R's is running no tank because I am running a z400 rear master cylinder. Long and short of it is that using that master takes the coolant bottle out of the game..for stock mounting anyway.

I have had zero issues running no tank. So because of that I haven't been in an all fired hurry to try to fab up a way to mount one.

Check coolant level regularly.

trikeguy2014
10-29-2014, 06:38 PM
Alright thanks for the replies think I will just keep running it the way I have been just keeping an eye on the coolant level

kazander
10-29-2014, 09:38 PM
I have not ran one for a long time. Just ck the coolant before every start and I am fine.