PDA

View Full Version : Honda ATC90 CARB REBUILD

GALLAGH59
10-28-2014, 08:34 PM
I'm new to the site and looking for assistance with the restoration of a newly acquired ATC90. The Clymer manual indicates the carburetor float should be 20mm from the bottom of the housing. It does not state what part of the float from which to measure. The dual floats are not symmetrical! Can anyone help???

coolpool
10-29-2014, 09:35 AM
Install the float and invert the carb. The measurement is to be taken from the bottom of the round floats to the carb body. Both sides of the floats should be symetrical and at the same height. If not you'll have a tough time dialing in your level. The floats are very flimsy and can't take any abuse at all. If you PM me your email I'll send you the Honda Service Manual. It has a a few pics on measurement.

DohcBikes
10-29-2014, 02:44 PM
I believe what he means is the individual floats are not shaped symmetrically, so he's not sure where to measure.

As cool pool said, with the float installed, SLOWLY invert the carb to the point where the float valve seats, but does not push the spring loaded pin in, it just kind of rests there. Then, measure from the bowl gasket surface (Check your manual to determine whether the gasket is included in the measurement, I'm no 90 expert.) to the highest point of the float. The two floats should be not necessarily symmetrical, but yes parallel to each other.

GALLAGH59
11-06-2014, 08:50 PM
coolpool; here's my e-mail for the Honda Service Manual. Thanks a bunch!!!!

gallagh59@yahoo.com