PDA

View Full Version : 200s project: to hybridize or not to hybridize? That is the question!

Sxb3646
11-03-2014, 10:52 PM
Hello fellow trike enthusiasts! I have a dilemma. I have a stock 200s. It's in great shape. 1985. So I wanted to put gold 250r rims on it. But I am running into problems getting that rim to work on the front. Mostly due to the brakes. What I decided I would do is just upgrade my brakes to a 200x disk brake because that would be the hub that I would have to use to fit the 250r gold rim. Then the question arises, what will that skinny tire and wheel look like on 200s forks? Hmmm well the picture my mind drew up is not all that pretty. And pretty is what I am looking for. So I am the type that is all or nothing. Hot or cold black or white. So I thought well I hear a lot about people using 200x forks on these 200s bikes and how much they love the way the machine handles. So I am considering 200x forks on the 200s. Well my bike is no longer the fine condition original 200s machine anymore if I do that. But I'm not too concerned with all that collector original stuff. I just like my ride to stick to a theme. All or nothing. Original or hybrid badass? Well it's looking like I will be replacing the stock forks with 200x forks and running the disk brake in the front and then ofcourse I will get to use my gold rims that I am so partial to. Well now I have a 200s with 200x forks and I think, sticking to the theme of the ride, what other parts from a 200x are interchangeable with the 200s? Well the top end!!! And honestly I am not impressed by the 200s power. It's decent, but could be much better. So if I were to replace the stock top end with a 200x top end, what are some problems that I could cause? At the end of my project, I want a Honda reliable trike. My concern is the transmission, specifically the clutches. Now I am not one to dog my bike. I promise you she will not run wide open more than a few times just to see how my project turned out. But still like I said I want a reliable bike. If the clutches potentially cannot withstand the increase in horsepower, can I also replace the stock clutches with 200x clutches? Or other Honda clutches that can withstand the output of the 200x motor? I was born after threewheelers were outlawed! I don't know all these things, so please if you have some knowledge of these machines, help a brother out. Tell me what you know. I love these atcs! They are such well made machines. I have owned 3 and I have owned 4 quads and my trikes were all clearly much better made. I have no intention of tearing these machines up because I appreciate them. So please keep that in mind and help me out. Thanks.

Sxb3646
11-03-2014, 11:32 PM
Here is baby girl incase y'all wanted to get a visual

DohcBikes
11-04-2014, 09:36 AM
Same answer as your other thread. Get a 200x.

Don't ruin that nice trike, please. Thank you.

Sxb3646
11-04-2014, 10:30 AM
No sir! I am surely not into ruining these great machines!

toki
11-07-2014, 11:02 AM
No sir! I am surely not into ruining these great machines!

then dont try and turn a really clean 200s into a bastardized 200x!