PDA

View Full Version : Hello, long time no see.

R_Daneel_Olivaw
11-12-2014, 08:32 PM
I used to come here for technical info to keep my honda ATC 200s running, Its been a long time, roughly 10 years. I was really happy to find my account intact, and to see an old picture of my 3 wheeler. It brought back some good memories. So much so that I recently found something in a buddy's back yard. A 200e. Does this mean its a Big Red? The decals are long gone. It seems in good shape, besides the expected timing chain slap, and a bit of smoke out the exhaust. I am pumped, and getting it in the next few days. I really missed my old 200s these past few years, Newer stuff just doesnt measure up. Sure it might have a ton of power, or resemble a small truck. But 3 wheelers have always been my favorite for a couple reasons. One being, that guy in every 4 wheeler circle that has a 4 wheel drive 2 ton monster with a winch. When he gets stuck, he has to walk in the mud and find a tree to winch..I just hop off, grab my rear bar, lift my tiny 3 wheeler out of the ruts, throw it over a foot, and keep going. Also the way they turn tighter. And, they are getting so rare nowadays, that its a great conversation piece, and the one I had before, everyone wanted to ride it. I plan to do a total teardown and rebuild on this 200e during the winter, in my basement. Can anyone point me at a reasonable place to buy engine parts in the northeast US? I will need a piston and ring, gaskets, and timing chain/tensioner. In years past I might have run it until it died, but this time I think I'd like to make it right to start with, and keep it around. They are getting harder to find, and no matter what I ride, I always feel comfortable with these honda 3 wheelers, they combine utility and fun in a way that newer atv's just don't do it for me. I am glad you guys are still here!! I will post some pics of it once it is in the basement under the shop lights. :)

danbur55
11-13-2014, 07:24 PM
Welcome back. You'll find lots of part options and opinions around here. Ebay, partzilla, metric parts outlet, rocky mountain to name a few just start google and compare to your hearts content or your wallets. Lol i have an 82 200e i need to do something with204487guess i need anew pic since it has new rear shoes now

Keepah Rolln
11-13-2014, 09:52 PM
welcome back to the site...