PDA

View Full Version : Another Central Wisconsin 250R fan!

revnrob
11-18-2014, 12:34 PM
Hello,, My name is Rob, And I am a addict! Lol

I have ben around quads/trikes since the came out,, I have had many Honda's.

My favorite for about 10 years was my 85 250R, it had PSI porting and head with a unknown pipe on it, I called PSI and asked what they had all done to the motor for the previous owner and they couldn't say because they where in midst of moving to Cali and just had a record of doing the motor but no info on what was done to it, Grrrrr.. But that thing hauled the mail!!! I also had 5" wheel spacers on it and that mad it super stable, on the border of to wide but it was great knowing I could really push it and hang with ANY quad anywhere. I loved it!!!

I later put a long rod with spacer plate in it and it tamed the low rpm power down a lot but made it way to peaky and had to shift gears like a Indy car but it still would put a throwdown on most any other quad around, I hated it! I wanted the bike I had back with long useable gears .
In the end I traded it in on a brand new 01 400EX. Man did I regret that! I have ben in withdrawal since.

I have raced quads since and have my share of trophy's, Used to go out to St Anthony Dunes in Idaho and Little Sahara dunes in Utah for a week every year and always find that I really want to go back to my 250R!

I will get another R someday and I am not getting any younger so the search is on!! My goal is to get a 85R for myself and one for my GF so we can ride together out in the dunes!