PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good buy?

BigMeaty515
11-18-2014, 10:37 PM
I found this on craigslist heres the ad- http://lancaster.craigslist.org/snw/4767168570.html i was wondering if its worth it, its a lot cheaper than any other atc250r but i thought i would consult some experts first haha

Ghostv2
11-18-2014, 11:24 PM
It's got a DG silencer and exhaust too.
Personally, I would want it in good running condition to pay that. But I see how crazy trike prices are here, and that seems like a decent price. To ME. Guys here will say no no no, but when 3rd gens are going for $3k, this seems like a nice entry level way to get a 250 2-stroke trike.

Now reason I said personally earlier is because I'm not too experienced in opening up an engine and working on them. Head gasket AND stripped shifter means splitting top and bottom ends.

After I buy my truck or sell off one of my toys, I'll be looking for a cheap 2nd gen like this one. All In all, it's what it's worth to you and you only.

Bren_downe
11-18-2014, 11:31 PM
How competent are you with a wrench? In my opinion, with a stripped shift shaft, that's a $500 bike. It looks good but needs work. I haven't changed a shift shaft on my Fooler but I removed one on my big red and it wasn't too bad.
He says it was rebuilt 3 years ago but the head gasket is leaking? Either he didn't do it right or it was done by an incompetent builder. Who know what else is wrong in there.
He said " don't waste my time with a $500 offer."
I'd move on.

Jmoozy27
11-19-2014, 12:08 AM
Roger that $500 tops!!! And that is if your ready to spend another $500 at least to get it in good riding shape. If not just save a little longer and get a 3rd gen in better shape. If you get this one you will only want a better one soon after.

BigMeaty515
11-19-2014, 12:23 AM
thanks for all the feedback ill take it all into consideration :) i have also found a few more that im interested in so i guess ill see where the wind takes me :)