PDA

View Full Version : Honda 83 200e Wiring help

Vonligenstein
12-06-2014, 06:29 PM
I have friends who bought two 3 wheelers, and lots of parts. One is a 82 Honda 200, and the other is a 83 honda 200e. unfortunatly the previous owner used them as parts, because the wiring harness were cut, on both machines. I was able to get the 82 working, but I am having issues with the 83. All the wiring diagrams I have seen do not show any Pink wires. but there is a pink wire on the 83, and that is why I am having issues with. I have no idea what it is for. Also is there a cap that can be put on where the starter motor connects to the engine? ( to prevent dirt getting in) There is not starter motor on the 83 (I guess previous owner needed a starter motor) but I would like to wire it up so that when one is purchased it can be installed and will work. Any Help on the PINK wire would be greatly appreciated.
Also wondering if this CDI will work for the 83 as it is a lot cheaper than ones I find on ebay....

http://www.dhgate.com/product/digital-ignition-starter-cdi-5pins-for-scooter/167929607.html