PDA

View Full Version : Newb with 17 trikes....?

dabody69
12-11-2014, 10:54 PM
I guess I am regulated to this section for now, I have a lot of atc 70's and a few 110's and a 125m, I recently have had a complete addiction for the 250r's but am just learning about them, what I do know is I want an 85 or 86 atc250r, my first question is what are the differences if any between the two trikes, other than engine color, different headlight, different graphic on seat, is there a difference in the motors or clutches? I have heard different things, what about the carb? I heard the 86 was a flat slide carb, is that correct, is the 86 250r wider or longer than the 85, I know there is something different about the rear brake mount or something, well only 60 more days to wait to check classifieds and 9 more posts, thanks guys I'm hungry for the info and can't wait to read the responses, I also have 14 z50's I have restored in all colors and ct 70's plus lots of NOS parts. Thanks again guys, knowledge is power..

Joseph Farrow
12-11-2014, 11:48 PM
Welcome to 3WW.
Those 60 days will go by in a flash.

Just got back from the MCACN show at Rosemont.
Saw a few 50's and 70's making their way into the show......They don't happen to be yours?
They were in the "Muscle Bike" area. I would love to see some of the Old School ATC 90 Race/Dune bikes or some of the early US90 at this show.

dabody69
12-12-2014, 12:15 AM
I was at that show, I sold 3 of my Z50's to a guy for $15,000.. as a matter of fact that gold 69 ct70 is my buddy randy's,my buddy bob chiluk restored it, my buddy Gary Wold is the guy who actually put up that display, I have lots of krates and stingrays also, many that I have restored, thats really what I like doing, can't wait to buy a bunch of 250r's, going to ride some and restore some.. Really would like to get an answer to my questions I posted though, I want to know all this stuff, lots of guys have already read my posts but no answers yet, not sure why..

Joseph Farrow
12-12-2014, 01:34 AM
I want to know all this stuff, lots of guys have already read my posts but no answers yet, not sure why..

It's because your new. lol JK.

You will get your answers. Not a lot of traffic compared to other sites but there are some smart people on here when it comes to the 250R.
Cool deal on the MCACN show. I spoke to Gary. Said he really had to twist Bob's arm to get the 70 and 50 in the show but he was working on him to include bikes at a later show.

dabody69
12-12-2014, 01:48 AM
I want to know all this stuff, lots of guys have already read my posts but no answers yet, not sure why..

It's because your new. lol JK.

You will get your answers. Not a lot of traffic compared to other sites but there are some smart people on here when it comes to the 250R.
Cool deal on the MCACN show. I spoke to Gary. Said he really had to twist Bob's arm to get the 70 and 50 in the show but he was working on him to include bikes at a later show.

My bikes rarely make it out of my living room so I know how it is, all are restored like that gold 69.. Gary and Bob are great guys205924205923 Here are a couple of mine.

danbur55
12-12-2014, 07:40 AM
205938 you'll likely love this lot on austin tx CL for 1500 might be a bit far from you though

manbearpig
12-12-2014, 09:06 AM
my first question is what are the differences if any between the two trikes, other than engine color, different headlight, different graphic on seat, is there a difference in the motors or clutches

I have heard different things, what about the carb? I heard the 86 was a flat slide carb, is that correct,

is the 86 250r wider or longer than the 85,

I know there is something different about the rear brake mount or something,

the axles, carriers, swingarms, brake stay, sprocket, seat foam and cover, decals, motor color, front brake line guide, headlight design, front wheel hub, triple clamp color, gas cap, kill switch, wheels and tires, carb, rear fender, CDI, and flywheel are different

Yes 86 had 34MM Keihin flat slide. 85 had 34mm Keihin round slide

only difference in the 86 swingarm is the brake stay. it uses a peg and plate style stay instead of peg and arm

Jwheeler
12-12-2014, 09:17 AM
Welcome to the site. :welcome:

dabody69
12-13-2014, 01:14 AM
the axles, carriers, swingarms, brake stay, sprocket, seat foam and cover, decals, motor color, front brake line guide, headlight design, front wheel hub, triple clamp color, gas cap, kill switch, wheels and tires, carb, rear fender, CDI, and flywheel are different

Yes 86 had 34MM Keihin flat slide. 85 had 34mm Keihin round slide

only difference in the 86 swingarm is the brake stay. it uses a peg and plate style stay instead of peg and arm

Alright!!! Man bearpig you rock!! thanks for the info buddy..more than a couple things in there I didn't know

Bren_downe
12-13-2014, 01:49 AM
Wasn't there a difference in the steering neck rake angle?