PDA

View Full Version : Guess I should stop buying 250r parts on ebay and fourms

250rmanfmf
12-14-2014, 03:55 PM
The last 4 parts I have bought for my 250r's have all been crap. I just bought a polished cylinder off ebay and there is huge gouges on the outside rim of where the head bolts on so not sure if it will seal. I contacted the seller so we will see. Then I just bought a OEM crank in supposed great shape and turns out the rod bearing is toast. I got it for cheap so not a huge deal but just wish people would pay more attention. Then I bought a set of cracked cases that would be easy to repair and seller said they were otherwise in great shape and drain plug is stripped. Last but not least I had bought a new 87-89 Hot rods crank that I was planning on building a long rod 86 motor out of. I bought it back in May and just now compared it to my new acquired short rod crank and turns out its also a short rod crank. Not a long rod like advertised. So I cant do anything about that one now.

Sorry for the rant, I just had to vent. Seems when it rains it pours. Im not perfect with selling parts but just seems I cant win right now.

tripledog
12-14-2014, 05:39 PM
It is my belief that many sellers on ebay know that their parts are crap, but just don't care. Personally, I won't buy from a seller that has less than 99.5 % positive feedback. I read the item description carefully, because the devil is in the details (or lack thereof). I too have been burned, but it doesn't happen very often anymore. It is a shame that some sellers charge the long buck for something that should actually be scrapped. If you don't hear back from an ebay seller, open a dispute against them. It gets their attention, and you CAN get your money back, including shipping charges. I haven't purchased many parts from forums, but the few purchases that I have made in that fashion have been satisfactory, if not better. Once again, if the forum has a feedback section, it is a wise idea to check out what other forum members have to say about their transaction(s) with the the seller before you buy. I am definitely no smarter than any other buyer, I am just a lot less trusting...

Marty
12-14-2014, 06:21 PM
thing I do is ask or PM seller for more pics and be very specific!
Sorry to hear this happened it just ruins everything between seller and buyer!!!

88 Turbo Coupe
12-15-2014, 06:53 AM
And I thought I was the only one who got screwed by people. Feels good, doesn't it!!!

tripledog
12-15-2014, 09:35 AM
And I thought I was the only one who got screwed by people. Feels good, doesn't it!!!

It certainly does... for the seller!