PDA

View Full Version : New rifle?

Buck Snort
12-14-2014, 07:57 PM
My mother passed away 6 months ago. She meant the world to me and my family. She left me a bit of money and of course some very special family items and pictures. I was going to put this money towards bills. But I decided to buy something that I would not dream of spending this type of money on. So I have been looking at a Cooper M52 300WM. Simply a beautiful gun. As close to custom as I will ever be able to afford. Have any of you guys owned or shot a Cooper? I want something special, that I will have and pass on.

Chopsaw
12-14-2014, 08:08 PM
Put the money in the bank .

RIDE-RED 250r
12-14-2014, 08:15 PM
Buck, I do not have any experience with a Cooper, but I can tell you that putting some of the money into a quality firearm is about as close to investing in precious metals as it gets. Its a sound way to save "special" money. It something that will always have value, and will last your lifetime and likely that of your great grandkids if it is cared for properly.

Just checked out the Cooper website. I have not heard of them before, but I like what I see VERY much. I have been discovering a few firearms makers lately. Im not sure how much those Coopers go for... But you might want to check out Montana Rifle Company as well. Dakota is another good custom rifle maker too from what I hear.

Buck Snort
12-14-2014, 08:32 PM
I have not heard of Dakota before. I will take look. Thanks

tri again
12-17-2014, 01:12 AM
Put the money in the bank .
Great question, or is that a suggestion.?
I have priceless, irreplaceable guitars that never leave the house and I'd rather have some
89$ fender and gibson copies in case something happens.
Very nice to have nice stuff but also scared to go on vacation.
Guns are in the safe, yes, but, but what if they disappear.
Buy gold and silver and put it where?
Dig a fake water well and ONLY tell my daughter?

I hear ya chop.
Money in the bank ain't what it used to be.
Even if the bank doesn't fail, how do we get to a safe deposit box if the doors are locked.
I remember seeing lawnchairs surrounding a bank branch with ppl waiting to get their $$ out.

Nice custom rifle to remember mom?
a future family heirloom?
Priceless for sure and honorable way to preserve memories.

Have it appraised and insured and cherish it sounds like a very nice idea.