PDA

View Full Version : Help With Lifan Wiring! Lifan 125 ATC70 Swap

3wheelers
12-15-2014, 08:07 PM
I need help with my lifan 125 wiring! Here is where I'm at. I got all the wires hooked up from magneto/stator. I have the CDI box plugged in. And I have 4 sets of 2 wires left. One set comes from the coil, which is a green wire, and a black/yellow wire they are a female plastic connector. The other 3 sets come from the CDI box. One set is green and black/yellow, they are on female bullet connectors. The other set from CDI box is a green and black/white, which is on a single plastic male connector. The last set of wires is another set of green and black/white wires, they are on a large female plastic connector. And the problem I have, is the coil wires (black/yellow and green on female connector) hook up to the male connector with black/white and green wires. Those wires are the wrong color, and the wires are mixed around so that green connects to black/white and the other green connects to black/yellow. But there is a set of the same color wires, that could connect with the coil, but they are on female bullet connectors, not the plastic connector. Then why are the other 2 sets of wires for? (The black/white and green) One is obviously killswitch, but what is the other for? And what wires go with what? And which one do I ground? Anyone else had this problem? See pictures below and let me know what I'm supposed to do. Thanks!206082206083206084206085

danbur55
12-15-2014, 09:01 PM
I take it you are using harness for the lifan?? Remember that these have front and rear lights as well as e-start and safety switches go to ATV connection.com and do a search in the chinese quad section there is a good amount of wiring help there

briano
12-16-2014, 09:05 AM
When I did mine, I used the diagrams at Beatrice cycle. I love how the wire colors don't match up and all of the plugs are the same. It gets confusing when you have a green wire and a red wire then it's supposed to plug into a blue and yellow Lol.

quicksilver
12-16-2014, 09:15 AM
Google "lifan wiring diagram" then start reading them all. I can tell you from experience that it will usually take more than one diagram to determine the function of each wire. Wire color is irrelevant. Connector type is irrelevant. What you need is to know what each wire DOES, regardless of color or connector type. Then it will (should) all make sense. Your pics don't help because they do not show where each wire goes to/ comes from. You're gonna have pickup wires, charge wires, possibly gear indicator wires and as mentioned safety switch wires coming from the engine.

fastatc70
12-19-2014, 10:04 PM
Google "lifan wiring diagram" then start reading them all. I can tell you from experience that it will usually take more than one diagram to determine the function of each wire. Wire color is irrelevant. Connector type is irrelevant. What you need is to know what each wire DOES, regardless of color or connector type. Then it will (should) all make sense. Your pics don't help because they do not show where each wire goes to/ comes from. You're gonna have pickup wires, charge wires, possibly gear indicator wires and as mentioned safety switch wires coming from the engine.

If you have problems with the Lifan electronics as I have. replace everything with factory honda crf50 electronics so everything matches. You will never have a problem again