PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a 85' 250es :D

daren1093251
12-16-2014, 06:29 PM
So, I picked up a '85 250es, tip top shape except some plastics are broken (typical) and it runs amazing! When I met the guy to pick it up it was -25c out (Northern Ontario -_-) and he put choke and hit the starter and within 4 seconds of cranking it started and the motor was cold! I am making a few mods for it (Don't hate me! It needs it!)

The exhaust was finished so I installed my FMF Powercore 4 from my KLX250s, (Took a crap load of effort to make it fit, had to extend and custom make the header) put a UNI air filter for a bit better airflow, put some small holes on top of the airbox covered by some snowmobile airbox material thing to allow more airflow with least amount of mud, put in some snorkels (Yes, kinda stupid considering I made holes in the airbox, thought about that after lmao) and some put some studs in the tires for winter. She runs like new!

After some riding I broke the shaft so i'm in the process of fixing that might aswell change all the bearings in there while it's opened up, new wheel bearings too. Going to get a new front tire soon it's on it's edge of death.

I'm thinking of getting some Pro Taper High Bend bars, I can't stand how short they are, and for the front break i'll cut it about half the length then heat it to get a curb to be like those short levers, front break is dangerous! :o

I might go ahead and put a a 'fake' HID bulb in there, (the blue normal bulbs but they are much brighter and look nicer!) and some spot lamps in front next to the small future winch.

Not sure what else to do, if you're wondering why the extra light and winch, I work in the woods and I will use this instead of walking 5 miles by foot.

I will post pictures later if you guys want but beware - It's in pieces! Makes me cry everytime.

Good day guys, by the way I'm Daren, work in the woods for Tembec Woodlands in Northern Ontario and i've been tinkering around with bikes and trikes and snowmobiles since I was 8 with my dad!

Enjoy your day! :)