PDA

View Full Version : changing bearings - can't get shaft out?

daren1093251
12-26-2014, 02:27 PM
hi guys, i recently broke some bearing in my shaft so i decided while everything was apart to change all the bearings. I got all of them out no issues except one. The one one the side of the breaks, i'm just going to post a picture because i do not know how to explain this.

--- Read this after you looked at the picture attached --

So you see in the middle theirs the bearing? You gotta take that all apart to take it off, right? Well, how? We tried 2 bearing removers, broke them. We tried heating it up and knocking on it to pull it off, no go. We put it on our 12 ton press, no go. We can't see any pin or clip that holds it there. Anybody know how to take it off? we got the manual but it doesn't really show how? thanks206739

f76
12-27-2014, 06:34 AM
More heat and lots of pounding. Pound around the area also, not just the bearing itself. If you have a torch and know how to use it, torch out a chunk of the inner race if all else fails.

250rmanfmf
12-27-2014, 01:00 PM
^^^^^^^^^ What he said, MORE HEAT!. It does wonders.

daren1093251
12-27-2014, 02:43 PM
ok thanks guys, i will try more heat. we had heated it up with a normal propane torch so we'll use my fathers welding torch it's either it melts or moves, lol. thanks for the input was making sure i was not missing anything

tri again
12-28-2014, 03:59 PM
What model is it?
kinda looks like a 250sx / es.
as I recall, that hub should almost fall off.
I've put them back together and drive around with the nut loose.
So? the hub won't come off?
No snap ring in the parts diagram?
there si some new penetrant called 'freeze off'?
heat the hub and kiss the shaft with dry ice?

yeah, let's start with the model and year of the machine.