PDA

View Full Version : Shill bidding

250rAL
01-02-2015, 10:29 PM
There has to be a lot of this going on on eBay. If you look at the completed items for 3 wheelers, about half of them have been "sold" two or three times. I could see a bidder backing out after winning occasionally but not this often.

Devilsclaw
01-02-2015, 10:43 PM
Actually, I think it happens a lot. I just had a similar thing happen to me actually. Bought a bottom end for a ATC90 for $6 plus $25 Shipping. I think the Seller didn't like the price, so he "cancelled" the sale. There's always an excuse.

Or if the price is good, then they contact you later saying "the other guy backed out" would you still be willing to pay your high bid?

Prices are sure all over the place too. You would think they would price items in line with what others are available for, but nope, sometimes it's 2 or more times what others have it listed for.

Of course, it's been this way for 10 years now, and it's just the way it is---but if it is an actual auction, you must use Bidnip or you will never get anything bought. But I can live with that, just not the Shilling.