PDA

View Full Version : Back on 3 Wheels After 25 Years

Onetrackmind
01-04-2015, 11:57 PM
Hi everyone...Hello from DFW!

It's been a very long time since I have ridden on three wheels and it feels awesome to be back on one! When I was a kid, over the years I had an ATC 70, 90, 185 and then a 200x...man that was a long time ago! I have been riding an '07 TRX 400EX for the last few years, but the idea of having a 250R or 350x has been on my (one track) mind for as long as I can remember. So....I just purchased this 250R off CL for what I thought was a very reasonable price...$750. It is definitely a little rough and is missing a few parts here and there, but the only real issue that I have found with it (so far) is the kick start gearing is slipping more that it catches. Other than that, it fires up and runs like a top.

I have ordered that assembly as well as a few other parts like chain rollers and slider, seat grommet set, swing arm skid plate, tires, chain guide and of course...the shop manual.

I spent about four hours last night wet sanding the tank. In these pics, the bike is wet and it really doesn't look that bad. When it is dry, that tank was as white as snow! After the sanding and polishing, it looks almost as good as the rest of the (reproduction) plastic. I was very happy with the results!

I can't wait to get this thing up and running with all the new parts and would definitely appreciate any input/feedback on my newest toy. Anyway, that's about it for now...happy riding!

Jmoozy27
01-05-2015, 01:00 AM
Looks like a pretty good deal for the price. Shouldn't take to much to get it pretty. Welcome to the site. Tons of good people with loads of info.

Onetrackmind
01-05-2015, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the reply and the warm welcome.

MIK6
01-05-2015, 04:31 PM
Welcome to 3ww!!
You got a great deal on the R!
Glad your back on 3

phantomtracer
01-06-2015, 03:26 AM
$750
That's awesome. Enjoy the ride.
I hope to be back on 3 wheels to.