PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Carb kits on Ebay and petcock rebuild kits? What do you think, are they usable

myridge
01-05-2015, 01:37 PM
Anyone picked up a cheap carb kit on ebay or a petcock rebuild kit?

I know its not a trike but I picked up friend for my 84 Yamaha 225DX, I got a great deal on a timberwolf 250 and I know it shares a ton of parts with my DX.
it was a non running bike and it had great spark so I put some gas in it and it started leaking from everywhere it could.

The carb overflowed as I am guessing the float is stuck. It leaked from the petcock.

So I want to order a rebuild kit and I see lots of kits ranging from $18-25 free shipping for the carb and $10-18 for the petcock.

But are they any good? Do they work? I don't want to spend the money and then wish I would have just bought factory Yamaha parts.

colombie420
01-05-2015, 07:09 PM
I put one in my atc works #1 and got a new petcock did the job just fine. I recomend them anyday I buy pretty much everything f4om ebay aftermarket cheap and never had problem ...

trike savior
01-05-2015, 07:30 PM
Had good luck with the cheapo, no name carb kits. Just make sure the numbers on the Jets (jet size) are the same. No experience with the petcock kits though.