PDA

View Full Version : Microstart anti gravity

Orangecnty250r
01-09-2015, 09:01 PM
Has anybody here put these through a real durability test? Hard to believe they would work this well.

http://antigravitybatteries.com/microstart/

El Camexican
01-09-2015, 10:46 PM
If they are anything like their motorcycle batteries then I'll bet they're even better than the ads claim.

briano
01-10-2015, 10:01 AM
Our Matco tool dealer sells them with the Matco name on them. Impressive to say the least, he jump started 28 dead cars before recharging it, and when it was at full charge it started a semi tractor. The semi truck was a bit too much and melted the clamps, but the truck started. Now my boss bought one, I work at a towing and repair shop, he can't believe what they will do. I guess you can only leave them connected long enough to start the vehicle, then immediately get out and unhook the unit from the vehicle. I'm sure that's why they go so long between charge ups too, the battery charges off the vehicle charging system very quickly because it's so small. I'm going to get on just for around the house, great for the riding mower and my quad in the winter when I go to start it and it's below zero and the battery is dead.

Scootertrash
01-10-2015, 10:40 AM
Has anyone ever used one of these for their complete lifespan? I'm just wondering how many years one of these will last. You are also supposed to buy the special charger for these and not use a regular lead acid battery charger.

f76
01-10-2015, 11:46 AM
We have one on the farm, works great for dead pick ups, atv's, charging cell phones in a pinch. They're extremely handy and a good emergency power source if on a road trip and a battery hiccups on you. We have had ours a year or so.

El Camexican
01-10-2015, 12:52 PM
Has anyone ever used one of these for their complete lifespan? I'm just wondering how many years one of these will last. You are also supposed to buy the special charger for these and not use a regular lead acid battery charger.

Says it comes with a charger. http://themicrostart.com/products/micro-starts/xp1/

I use this for my full size Anti-Gravity batteries. The instructions say not to, but Anti-Gravity recommended it. Seems to work fine on all batteries. http://shop.antigravitybatteries.com/optimate-2-battery-charger-maintainer/

Billy Golightly
01-10-2015, 12:58 PM
Kevin had one of these (or one very very similar to it) at Trikefest and I was totally blown away how long it lasted and how much cranking power it had. It jumped off a dead cold 7.3 Diesel truck on the first click, and used it to power phones, tablets, all sorts of other stuff for like 4 days before it even needed a charge. Couldn't believe how well it worked.

Orangecnty250r
01-10-2015, 05:33 PM
Sounds very impressive!!! Nice as long as it doesn't explode from all the power harbored in the little case!!! I think I am going to buy one.

El Camexican
01-10-2015, 05:38 PM
Sounds very impressive!!! Nice as long as it doesn't explode from all the power harbored in the little case!!! I think I am going to buy one.

I was concerned about that with the battery (If you knew my wiring you'd understand why). They told me if I were to short it out it would melt and smoke like nothing I'd ever seen, but that it would not burst into flames, or emit anything toxic.

Scootertrash
01-10-2015, 08:44 PM
Nothing toxic??? What fun s that???

On a side note. I never clicked on the link in the OP. I thought he was talking about the AntiGravity batteries themselves, not the microstart. The microStart looks like a nice setup. I have to put this on my "want" list. :P

atc007
01-10-2015, 09:15 PM

My thought exactly .. Boys ,store these in a SAFE place. That is a LOT of juice to start a fire you don't want. Carry on...