PDA

View Full Version : 1984 200es timing

bcbuds92
01-12-2015, 05:18 PM
hey im trying to time my 1984 200es engine put a new piston and rings in it but now to get the timing right is being troublesome a video would be nice to see step by step if there is one available . or if someone has great knowledge and can walk me through step by step the manual dont really help me much i have already looked at it . thanks in advance

cap
01-14-2015, 11:56 PM
Pull the CDI cover, pulse rotor and pulse base off so you can see the cam sprocket.
Line up the flywheel "T" mark in the inspection hole, (you have to peer in towards the inner motor to see the marks.)
The "O" mark on the cam sprocket should now be lined up on the mark on the valve cover @ 12:00, very important now to see the dowel pin on the cam shaft at the 11:00 position because this is what index's the pulse rotor. Now install the pulse base/generator and the pulse rotor. The lines should line up just before the generator/rotor pickup. Move the crank to "F" mark and the generator/pulse rotor lines should line up, if not adjust the generator slightly.

see page 73 in the manual
http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/

Im sure there is some vids on youtube.