PDA

View Full Version : Classified papers in your areas - do me a favor?

Billy Golightly
01-13-2015, 05:30 PM
With real-estate I like to advertise out of the area in little newspapers, classifieds, trade n saves, etc from time to time. Looking to expand my advertising base a bit - if you have a little classified paper in your area you read from time to time, let me know the name or take a picture of the advertising section contact for me if you don't mind. Regional Newspaper names okay also.

Particularly interested in Northern state areas that are covered up with snow and cold right now :)

atc007
01-13-2015, 06:00 PM
Try the Troy Pennysaver,Rocket Shopper, Williamsport Sun Gazette,Towanda Daily review, And Paper Shop,,,in PA. Elmira Star Gazette in NY. Unfortunately,,,the Sun Gazette seems to be the only ne anyone could afford. My mind is blown with this day and age of technology,Craigs list etc... These freaking newspapers just keep right on jacking their prices like they're the only game in town!! As in like $80 for 3 lines 5 days!!! Boggles my mind. Sorry, none of them laying around :((

tripledog
01-13-2015, 06:17 PM
Post Standard and Herald Journal in Syracuse, NY, Citizen Advertiser and Pennysaver in Auburn, NY come to mind.

RoscoW
01-13-2015, 06:39 PM
Billy, Our Classier version of Craigslist is called Kijiji here in Canada and is a free online thing that has a real estate section as well as a vacation home section. Lots of Canadians were buying up Vacation property when the mortgage bubble hit and the US was on deep discount. Those Snowbirds love Florida and deals in Florida are even better.

Ross..

ebaccm26
01-13-2015, 11:42 PM
Around here there is one bigger one "The Grand Rapid's Press" and one smaller one which can be found here http://www.advancenewspapers.com/

I assure you we have plenty of snow and ice and that lots of people here buy property down your way.

Jmoozy27
01-13-2015, 11:57 PM
Qqclassifieds.com , theCajunSwapshop.com , louisianasportsman.com

slashfan7964
01-14-2015, 12:13 AM
I'll see what I can dig up for you Billy.

fabiodriven
01-14-2015, 02:31 AM
There's a small city around the corner from us, they have the Brockton Enteprise. Then there's always the Boston Globe and Boston Herald. The thing with a lot of people from Boston is they have dough.

redsox
01-14-2015, 09:27 AM
Also up here we have "The Salem News" and the "Lawrence Eagle Tribune." Both papers circulate in some of the more affluent areas of the state like Andover and Marblehead. Tons of old geezer snowbirds in those parts. Where i live we have the Lowell Sun, but i'd speculate that that paper has a less-wealthy readership.

Billy Golightly
01-14-2015, 12:26 PM
Great answers so far everyone, thanks! I'm gonna have to research most of these out and do a little digging on rates and stuff. I know a lot of people berate print anymore (especially in my industry) but I've had pretty good results with it if you use it right.

Keep em coming!

Bren_downe
01-14-2015, 01:32 PM
Also up here we have "The Salem News" and the "Lawrence Eagle Tribune." Both papers circulate in some of the more affluent areas of the state like Andover and Marblehead. Tons of old geezer snowbirds in those parts. Where i live we have the Lowell Sun, but i'd speculate that that paper has a less-wealthy readership.

You mean Lowell isn't a nice hood? How 'bout Lawrence? I hear the abandon mills are charming this time of year.

keister
01-14-2015, 01:32 PM
Pittsburgh Area:
Post Gazette
Tribune Review

Other Western PA:
Butler Eagle
Beaver County Times
Oil City Derrick

Online:
814classifieds.com
pennswoods.net

Good luck!

El Camexican
01-14-2015, 09:38 PM
I`d be interested in seeing your listings ......i was thinking about the Crystal River area but lets see what you have ! Maybe a link to your listings ?

This may be to your liking Glamy: http://www.plantationrealtylistings.com/homes/325-N-Rock-Crusher-Rd/Crystal-River/FL/34429/46758288/

Hey Billy, have you ever thought about advertising overseas? Plenty of well-off Chinese folks looking to put a few greenbacks back into the US economy, especially near universities. I know a couple of guys who bought houses in CA so their kids would have a place to stay as well as for an investment.

90guy
01-14-2015, 10:04 PM
Hey Billy, Can always post in ND most common classified is www.bismanonline.com Free to post.

redsox
01-14-2015, 11:41 PM
You mean Lowell isn't a nice hood? How 'bout Lawrence? I hear the abandon mills are charming this time of year.

I've been to lawrence "once or twice" and its a dump. but the eagle-trib is on the andover line and has a huge readership in hoi polloi areas. just trying to help. hijack ended.

Bren_downe
01-15-2015, 01:15 AM
Up here, we have this paper that's out of Knox county… big $$ in the Camden area.
http://knox.villagesoup.com

We also have a statewide classified book that gets printed weekly called Uncle Henry's.

Billy Golightly
01-15-2015, 01:08 PM
I`d be interested in seeing your listings ......i was thinking about the Crystal River area but lets see what you have ! Maybe a link to your listings ?

Here is one of my newer ones,

5,000+ sqft under roof (with attached garage and upstairs bonus room) sitting on 30 acres out in the middle of relatively nowhere but 10 minutes to I-10. $460,500. Has a large metal building work shop also behind the home. I am a long ways from Crystal River though...I'm up almost in GA basically.

Billy Golightly
02-15-2015, 03:25 PM
Picking up. I definitely sense another bubble as well actually. It's a 10 year cycle. 2005 was the last gang busters year and look where we are today date wise? Everything has been leading up to it basically, feds pushing for a upswing market correction that it is artificial, etc. Not sure how long they can make the wave ride this time but the crash will be worse than before this go around.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

sweetip2000
02-15-2015, 10:36 PM
Try the Bargain News in CT. A very well read paper.

tri again
02-21-2015, 04:13 PM
Had a friend got drunk and bought a house for 1.6 million.
Couldn't sell it (california) so he advertised in Tokyo and sold it in Days.
Locals here trying to sell a profitable bar / restaurant in Oregon.
I told them to ad in LA or SF and they've gotten a few cash offers.

What ever happened to that 300+ acres you had listed?