PDA

View Full Version : Trikefest 2015 dates

Jason T
01-13-2015, 11:09 PM
Can anyone confirm the dates for Trikefest 2015?
I'm thinking of flying over to attend so I want to be certain of the dates before I book leave and flights etc:)

Thanks

Jason

jeswinehart
01-14-2015, 07:28 AM
Yes, the week of June 22 thru 27th. Officially the start is Friday the 26th but many folks (me included) go there earlier. Some will show up on Monday the 22nd,,, some mid week,,,, some not until Friday the 26th. I suppose you could say TrikeFest 2015 will start when ever one arrives :)
The drag racing is on Friday, moto cross on Saturday. Sometimes due to weather those days may get switched around or what ever, Awards ceremony is held Saturday evening (the 27th) and last anywhere from a couple of hours /up to midnight. Trophy's for the racers, recognition of members and of course the raffle trike drawing
(surprised no one has asked about that yet).
Sunday the 28th. is pack up and go home day :(

john

Jason T
01-14-2015, 08:23 AM
Thanks for that info John:)
I will get the leave and flights booked, hopefully I can find some flights at a reasonable price:/
Fingers crossed I will see you there:)

Jason

keister
01-14-2015, 01:19 PM
That is great that you are flying across the pond for this. You won't regret it.
My TrikeFest starts on Wednesday, June 24th this year.
A lot of people seem to show up on Wednesday.

MIK6
01-14-2015, 01:23 PM
Thats cool to have another fly in guy!! Look us up at the house, we will be set up for cooking and whatever you need to help ya out!
Im sure I can find something to put you on here and there durring TF..
Were coming in the monday trailprotrailpro! Lol

ironchop
01-14-2015, 01:35 PM
me and the boy are rolling in on Monday this year.

Already working on rehabbing a trailer I just bought to bring more trikes and hopefully more people, just got my generator running again so I can "glamp" like all the other TF Celebs and build me a Taj Mahal campsite (not on the side of a friggin hill this time)

Tecate is getting torn down right now plus I`m going to bring another 200X just for trails (with HEADLIGHTS THIS TIME!!) and my wife`s 250X quad plus I hope to have a 250ES in the stable by then.

and an air mattress pump (thanks john)......and a bigger grill.....and more coolers....and more rear brake pads.....and more spare parts.....and.......and......

HOLY CRAP I gotta get on the ball!! Time for some overtime!

Ghostv2
01-14-2015, 04:23 PM
I'm hoping I make It this year. The woman's all for it. Friday the 26th is my birthday and is there a better way to celebrate? As long as I have a way to haul the bikes. Otherwise I'll have to only choose one and stuff it into my van. I'm getting sick of that haha.

Samjp22
01-14-2015, 04:29 PM
I cannot wait! Ghost rent a u-haul cube van lol

Ghostv2
01-14-2015, 07:24 PM
I cannot wait! Ghost rent a u-haul cube van lol

Yea only $20 an hour!

Samjp22
01-14-2015, 08:05 PM
What!? They aren't that much up here!

Billy Golightly
01-14-2015, 08:19 PM
Sunday to Sunday for me again this year boys, I wanna be attendee #1 two years in a row if possible! :D

Jason T
01-15-2015, 05:06 PM
My brother (Ivan T) lives in Chicago and went to TF 2014. Fingers crossed I will be there with him and my dad:)
You won't miss us, we will be wandering around looking lost and talking with a strange accent.
Hopefully we will see some of you guys there:)

Jason

thestud25
01-15-2015, 05:11 PM
That is great that you are flying across the pond for this. You won't regret it.
My TrikeFest starts on Wednesday, June 24th this year.
A lot of people seem to show up on Wednesday.

I'll be there Wednesday night as well.

CRAZY70MAN
01-15-2015, 07:18 PM

Already working on rehabbing a trailer I just bought to bring more trikes and hopefully more people, just got my generator running again so I can "glamp" like all the other TF Celebs and build me a Taj Mahal campsite (not on the side of a friggin hill this time)

Tecate is getting torn down right now plus I`m going to bring another 200X just for trails (with HEADLIGHTS THIS TIME!!) and my wife`s 250X quad plus I hope to have a 250ES in the stable by then.

and an air mattress pump (thanks john)......and a bigger grill.....and more coolers....and more rear brake pads.....and more spare parts.....and.......and......

Lmao.....you definitely ruffed it last year. Hows porkchop? Gonna be a good time again. Shooting for Wednesday ad well.

hoosierlogger
01-15-2015, 07:28 PM
I'll be pulling in on Wednesday afternoon as well. Wife is already pissed about it. Lol same as tha last 4 years.

captainweezy
01-15-2015, 08:53 PM

Feel free to join us on the hill. I'm thinking about bringing less parts and more trikes!

fabiodriven
01-15-2015, 09:14 PM
Should be there Sunday to Sunday as usual! I literally think about this year round. Got a lot of work ahead as the camper needs to either take a hike or go to rehab, we'll figure it out.

Mr Swinehart you forgot about the Herk 'n Jerk... You can buy the whole seat, BUT YOU'RE ONLY GONNA NEED THE EDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My favorite part of last year, I was in awe! Total madness!!!

jeswinehart
01-15-2015, 09:28 PM
I started to mention it but there are also so many other things to mention, shoe tree rides, river runs, back bone climb. Heck there is probably going ons I am not even aware of !
My wife will be upset if I don't leave by Wednesday :) ,,,, she has a major girls week commencement a hour after I leave. Perhaps I will make her happier and leave Tuesday ~ lol.

Billy Golightly
01-15-2015, 09:48 PM
man I am so excited already. I have quite a lot of new camera gear to use, some of which works good enough at night to almost be night vision...good for night time antics :naughty:

http://wgolightly.smugmug.com/Andy-Chelseas-wedding-New/i-cpJbVLw/0/L/_CPB0445-L.jpg (http://wgolightly.smugmug.com/Andy-Chelseas-wedding-New/i-cpJbVLw/A)

big specht
01-15-2015, 10:16 PM
Feel free to join us on the hill. I'm thinking about bringing less parts and more trikes!
And a better case for the guitar LOL

ironchop
01-16-2015, 02:12 PM
Lmao.....you definitely ruffed it last year. Hows porkchop? Gonna be a good time again. Shooting for Wednesday ad well.

Porkchop is getting a big head. His band is getting popular locally and they played a paying gig at a trendy downtown bar last Thurs night so he thinks he`s the next big thing.

He`s excited about TF though, that's a favorite subject around the home water cooler. He`s preparing for next year too and trying to recruit his friends into buying trikes and coming. He already has one convert.

atctim
01-16-2015, 03:35 PM
I will be arriving Wednesday this year as well - and hopefully with a couple of new never seen before conversion trikes. On cold winter days like this, I long for sitting in the river with my best buds (Chaps I think they say across the pond) soaking the coolness into my body. I can not wait. Officially it's only 158 days away! Good friends, cool trikes, and the best of times. Really looking forward to a very laid back Trikefest this year. I have to start making it more of a vacation, and less of a stressful time.

Thunder God
01-16-2015, 09:20 PM
I'm coming out for my first TF and just want to be prepared for any extra costs that might be involved. I intend on entering every event I can. How much $ is camping and such?

Billy Golightly
01-16-2015, 09:44 PM
Events are free. Camping is free once your in the gates at Haspin. Gate fees depend on your arrival day and length of stay (They will never be more than advertised rate but may be less since you are with us).

Bring a few hundred bucks in cash for shirts, hats, hoodies, COA's for the give-a-way bike, fuel and pizza runs downtown, or anything else you might find in someones camp you have to have.

86T3
01-16-2015, 09:59 PM
Don't forget about Daisy Duke Thursday. It's only costs one pair of jeans, a pair of scissors, and your dignity. I have something new in mind for this year, I'm pretty sure a lot of minds will be blown

Billy Golightly
01-16-2015, 10:22 PM
Lord help us..208055

fabiodriven
01-17-2015, 10:09 AM
If you're like me and enjoy the water don't forget your swimming trunks and a towel. It gets extremely hot and dry at Haspin and I spend the entire day wading in the river. Riverfest is just as important as Trikefest to me. If your trikes don't have headlights I'd get on that before you go. There are things going on pretty much around the clock.

Billy Golightly
01-17-2015, 10:52 AM
Yeah, holding a lantern riding a T3 around at night Mik6 style is not very advisable...:lol:

Swinger
01-17-2015, 12:36 PM
We are thinking of going from Wednesday To Monday

R-N-D
01-18-2015, 03:17 AM
What trike is being raffled off this year is the big question? Or, did I miss that post somewhere?

Billy Golightly
01-18-2015, 10:24 AM
To be revealed Verrrry sooon, don't worry!

Doing a little bit of a throw back on this one, but I think it'll generate a lot of interest.

just ben
01-18-2015, 11:10 AM
On cold winter days like this, I long for sitting in the river with my best buds (Chaps I think they say across the pond) soaking the coolness into my body. I can not wait. The river isn't so bad after all,is it? I would still like to bring a couple tubes and get dropped off a couple miles up river.

fabiodriven
01-18-2015, 06:44 PM
The river isn't so bad after all,is it? I would still like to bring a couple tubes and get dropped off a couple miles up river.

You're not the first person to think of this!

Billy Golightly
01-18-2015, 11:25 PM
First time I've put one of these out in a few years, but to help with past confusion, I present the following;

08rap
01-19-2015, 08:00 AM
Jason t I live in northeren indiana (close to chi town) and leaving tuesday morn. Got a few of us up here and wanting to get a convoy going. Let me know...

keister
01-19-2015, 12:43 PM
I'm coming out for my first TF and just want to be prepared for any extra costs that might be involved. I intend on entering every event I can. How much $ is camping and such?

Camping fees: I pull in Wednesday afternoon and tell them I am staying until Sunday.
They seem to be less concerned with how many nights you stay and charge by full riding days.
So, I will be in the park riding all day Thurs, Fri, Saturday @ $15 per day = $45.
Prices tend to inexplicably vary from person to person, but that is a best case scenario.
There is no entry fee for any of the events once you have paid for entry to the park.

Eric250R
01-19-2015, 03:53 PM

You bringing the hot sister in law this year ?? Lol

ironchop
01-19-2015, 04:46 PM
You bringing the hot sister in law this year ?? Lol

If she`s not on call for work

that's the plan, she`s been foaming at the mouth that I haven`t finished her Scrambler topend yet so I guess I`ll throw that on The List. I`d already have this done if she would stop thrashing her mustang so I wouldn`t spend my free weekends taping it all back together again.

ironchop
01-19-2015, 04:49 PM
Lord help us..208055

who is that?.....I`m trying to put faces with names. I think I got some beef jerky off this guy or something.

keister
01-19-2015, 06:26 PM
That's my new best friend Joe. You may find him on a 2 wheel drive motorcycle. He likes to ride it up the steps of the house and also up Devils Backbone. It has an ATC motor, so it's fully Trikefest approved.

just ben
01-20-2015, 10:06 AM
That's my new best friend Joe. You may find him on a 2 wheel drive motorcycle. He likes to ride it up the steps of the house and also up Devils Backbone. It has an ATC motor, so it's fully Trikefest approved.Or you may see him franticly looking for the key to his quad (for 3 days) only to find it right where he left it. His board name is 86T3

86T3
01-20-2015, 03:40 PM
I had meat sticks and meat pucks last year. Unfortunately, I probably won't have any this year because I got skunked in deer season.

And I blame Angela about the key situation, she told me she checked her bag. But, I will have a spare made if I bring the brute force again

Eric250R
01-21-2015, 03:18 AM
Or you may see him franticly looking for the key to his quad (for 3 days) only to find it right where he left it. His board name is 86T3

He also has a tendency to leave whole 250R engines just laying around in random places....lol.

elitespecialkid
02-15-2015, 01:30 PM
sorry, newbie question but where is trikefest held? sounds like a lot of fun

keister
02-16-2015, 01:01 PM
sorry, newbie question but where is trikefest held? sounds like a lot of fun

Haspin Acres Ofr-Road Park, Laurel, IN, USA
People are driving from Alberta, Canada and flying from the UK.
16 hours on the road from Cheyenne should be a piece of cake.

bigdaddyvw185
03-04-2015, 06:00 PM
I was wondering.... does Haspin Acres have trailer hookup?? (sewage being my main concern) from what I am able to find they do have water hookup but I haven't found any info regarding sewage?

jeswinehart
03-04-2015, 06:19 PM
No water or sewer hook up.

hoosierlogger
03-04-2015, 07:05 PM
Nope you will have to poop in the bath house, porta pottie, or the cleaner option; the woods.

bigdaddyvw185
03-04-2015, 09:50 PM
Thanks for clearing that one up guys
I'm trying to get my girlfriends fathers toy hauler out of his grasp for the week to make it to trike fest for the first time. I know one of the first things he is going to ask is what haspin has for hookup if any at all.

Eric250R
03-11-2015, 08:12 PM
We bring our own bathrooms and showers with us. The public bathrooms get pretty nasty by friday.... if you plan on using them I would suggest bringing disposable toilet seat covers and flip flops.

big specht
03-11-2015, 10:58 PM
There is NO rv hook ups. Don't ask me why there are no rv hook ups other than they would probably get torn out every week end and they don't want to worry about that

desertlizard
03-13-2015, 12:46 AM
I hate to jump the gun but think I'm in for trikefest, probably going to fly and thinking of showing up wed, met so many great ppl at the invasion how can I resist trikefest.
Seems a ways off but I'm excited. I figure if I just show up the rest will work itself out.Ha!
DL

hoosierlogger
03-13-2015, 05:38 AM
We bring our own bathrooms and showers with us. The public bathrooms get pretty nasty by friday.... if you plan on using them I would suggest bringing disposable toilet seat covers and flip flops.

I have been in there before and wondered if I should have had on rubber boots.

ironchop
03-13-2015, 11:10 AM
best homemade portable shower: get you a pump-up weed sprayer from the hardware store

like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Chapin-26021XP-Poly-Gallon-Sprayer/dp/B00295N5VK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1426259285&sr=8-6&keywords=Pump+Sprayers

if you leave it full out in the sun for most of the day, it should heat up enough to use comfortably......if its not summer, spraycan the thing black and it will heat up faster. I used one of these a few months ago....spray yerself down, put the sprayer down and soap up, grab the sprayer again and rinse off. Worked great for me.

keister
03-13-2015, 11:25 AM
Wow!! Nice idea. and to continue on that vein..............

........ take the sprayer home with you. Fill it 60/40 with water/Wisk detergent. Wet trike, spray with mixture, let stand 10 minutes, rinse, repeat if necessary.
Seriously, I have been using this sprayer to wash my 3-wheelers for most of the past decade. No rags, no effort, no touch.
Ditchmud showed me this trick at TF 2007 and I've been washing trikes this way ever since, BUT
.... it never occurred to me that I could wash myself in that manner, as well!

atctim
03-13-2015, 01:44 PM
I wonder why you couldn't hit yourself with that same 60/40 mixture of Wisk and water and not have to worry about using soap. Laundry detergent has enzymes in it that eats dirt. Might be worth a try. Spray off with this concoction, wait 10 minutes, then either jump in the river, or have a buddy hit you with the pressure washer.

ps2fixer
03-13-2015, 04:10 PM
I plan to be going too, not sure which day I'll show up though, either Monday or Wednesday. I'll be easy to spot, old large blue tent, silver T100, several 3 wheelers (350x, 250sx, 250es with mudding tires) and a Honda Rincon quad (my dad's). If I can figure out a way, I'd like to bring along a 4x4 Toyota buggie, but first I have to fix/build it! I have my dad suckered in for his 2nd year already, have a couple of friends I'm trying to get to come too. I might have to fix more machines up if I get too many friends coming lol.

If anyone needs parts for Honda 3 wheelers, shoot me a PM and I'll check if I have them and bring them along to make for free shipping :D.

Oh, I'll be planning to take my wire harness tools/supplies to be able to repair harnesses at a good price (wire sections replaced, bad connectors, poor cdi connections, etc).

hippyplz
03-13-2015, 10:48 PM
^^^ He is pretty good with trailer lights too

ps2fixer
03-15-2015, 01:27 PM
^^^ He is pretty good with trailer lights too

Haha, hopefully you have those things fixed now :P. Very sadly... my fancy stock of wire harness parts are not big enough for trailer lights :(. I need to source them though, high quality ones are hard to find premade!

clmeue37
03-19-2015, 02:32 AM
Just got my vacation approved for the entire week! If all goes well I plan on being there Wednesday or Thursday! :) Looking forward to experiencing what you guys look forward to all year long!

coolpool
03-29-2015, 10:58 AM
Samjp22 is starting a new full time job on Wed that comes with vacation, woot woot! And I just bought a 26' covered trailer! One more hurdle to work out with an impending surgery for the wifey and we'll be good to go. That will be my only show stopper:-( Gotta get off my azz and finish the body and paint on the golf cart. We will be leaving Cold Lake on Sunday and hope to be there by Wed.

oscarmayer
03-30-2015, 10:11 PM
Hrmmm I may actually be able to attuned this time! We shall see!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PittsburghPete
04-07-2015, 07:37 AM
I will be bringing all the necessary supplies for this...there's a construction vehicle tire shop right by my warehouse that sells the big black truck tire tubes for $5.00/tube...I'm going to grab a bunch and some rope and the river will handle the rest!! We'll be arriving either Monday or Tuesday that week. See yings guys there!
The river isn't so bad after all,is it? I would still like to bring a couple tubes and get dropped off a couple miles up river.

PittsburghPete
04-29-2015, 08:33 PM
Jason....I'll be there...look me up...I'll be the guy with a gold powder coated 85 atc 250r.
My brother (Ivan T) lives in Chicago and went to TF 2014. Fingers crossed I will be there with him and my dad:)
You won't miss us, we will be wandering around looking lost and talking with a strange accent.
Hopefully we will see some of you guys there:)

Jason

Jason T
04-30-2015, 07:52 PM
Jason....I'll be there...look me up...I'll be the guy with a gold powder coated 85 atc 250r.

You should be easy to spot then! See you there:)

bigdaddyvw185
05-05-2015, 10:06 AM
I am happy to say I will be attending for the first time! my girlfriend and I just purchased our first trailer yesterday for the trip!! will be picking it up may 18th! I am so stoked. Going to be bringing along my girlfriends Polaris 400 sportsman, and both my 84 300R's if things work out the way I plan....if not its going to be one of the 300's and my 200s. we are thinking about heading down Monday or Tuesday

see you guys at Trikefest!!

Jackyl71
07-10-2015, 12:27 PM
Dang it! Day late and a dollar short, as the saying goes... I never really looked into Trikefest, and now that I have, I see that it was 2 weeks ago!
And to add insult to injury, I have friends (really more like family) that live like 5 miles away in Metamora, so I could have doubled up my visiting!

Well now that I know the time and place, I'll be there next year! TF2016!