PDA

View Full Version : People that drive you crazy

briano
01-15-2015, 05:22 PM
Kind of a rant. A month ago I sold 3 truck tires to a guy that had an ad on CL. They were all in good shape and held air, but we're not currently on rims. We agree on a price of $120, he calls me later on and asks if I can deliver them. He's less than 10 miles away and I want the tires gone so I agree. I get there and he's a strange dude, tattoos on his face under his eyes, but hey, I'm not judging him. He pays with a jar full of 2 dollar bills and 50 cent pieces other than the $20 that was there. I go to my truck and count the money and it's $15 short, again, no bigee, he lived in a run down shack of a house and I wanted them gone. He's happy, I'm happy, we chat for a while and I go home. Fast forward to today, a month later he sends a text telling me there's a hole in one of the tires and wants $40 back. I told him I'm not refunding his money after a month because they were fine when I had them. He threatens to take me to court!!!! I told him I delivered the tires and he shorted me $15, now he got a flat tire after month and thinks I'm going to pay $40, not happening. He says he'd settle for $25 and he's on his way to the police station to file a report and then to his lawyers office. For $25!!!!! What a goofy trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro. A little while goes by and he texts me that he needs my name for the police report. My response was "I'm not legally obligated to ID myself to an officer unless there is a suspicion of a crime being committed". Then I asked if he ever heard of extortion, as that is pretty much what he's trying to do is extort $25 dollars from me.

Buck Snort
01-15-2015, 05:43 PM
Some times you just got to laugh. You couldn't dream up some of the situations that life throws at you.

Billy Golightly
01-15-2015, 05:51 PM
Some strange folks out there in the world...

slashfan7964
01-15-2015, 06:02 PM
I would have stopped answering him.

RIDE-RED 250r
01-15-2015, 07:10 PM
Crooked SOB!

I sold my dirtbike a year ago. Had it priced to move and as much as I generally don't like to talk price with people until we are face to face looking at the item in question, I let him dog me down $100 before he even showed up...

So the kid shows up with 2 friends..and of course they try and pick it completely apart. It was an 02 cr125, not mint, but by no means a pile. He and his ropedick friends got me down a few bucks more than the $900 I told him I would be flat minimum to $875. I was desperate so I agreed... They hand over the cash, I count it once, twice, then a third time and yep... they stiffed me $40!

When I confronted him about it he played the whole "are you sure?" card... I said I counted it 3 times and handed him the stack of cash to count for himself.... He counted it and kind of smirked and tried to say it was an accident.. Jerk.

So then a couple weeks later he starts dogging me on FB. I admin a large NY based atv and off-road powersports classifieds group. He was calling me out accusing me of selling him a bike with a bad engine. Said he had to do a top and and it cost him some greatly exaggerated amount of money... Maybe he had to do the top end, maybe he didn't. But even if he did, for what he paid for the bike it was still a good deal for him....

Needless to say, I booted him from the group after lambasting him for trying to stiff me and then having the nerve to try and smear my good name..

Some people are just dirbags and have no conscience....

90guy
01-15-2015, 08:09 PM
Yup same thing happened here. Had an 1983 Midnight Maxim. Decided I didnt want to keep the old 4 cylinder bike so I posted it online at a good price. Got a text asking if I would be around today. So I tell him what time I would be. Was at the MX track. I get a text. Him and 4 other guys showed up an hour early and was complaining why I wasnt there. So when I show up The bike didnt want to start because the night before I had flooded it out cranking it over making sure the starter was sound being the old maxim had starter issues. I explain to him what I did the night before and didnt have time to put new plugs in because he was early. So it cranked and cranked and finally started up. Ok once its running he tells me he has never rode a bike before and his buddy test rides it and says its a sound bike. So I see him tear out of my yard puts fuel in at the station and rides it to the other town over an hour away without a helmet and his first time on a bike. (can't fix stupid) Later that night he texts me saying the start went out and wanting his money back and for me to pick the POS up an hour away. Hard a hard time explaining to him that the bike ran and started fine when it had left my yard. So I wasnt sure what he did to it. Just annoys me when they do that.

slashfan7964
01-15-2015, 08:34 PM
Not my problem once the title gets signed over. That's the way I look at it. I'll do my best not to sell someone a pile of garbage but once that title gets signed over and the cash in my hand that's your problem not mine. Ain't nothing you can do about it.

briano
01-15-2015, 08:47 PM
Turns out this guy is bad news. He was in a bunch of trouble in Mexico for transporting ammo and guns, then he was in Belize when his passport expired and he had some trouble there. My wife's cousin lives a few houses away and said the guy is crazy as crazy gets. He just don't let up with the suing me for $25 that's for sure, he keeps texting me that we're going to court. I keep asking him what judge in their right mind is going to take this case. What a nut job. Jacob Kleczka is his name. Check this dude out.

fabiodriven
01-15-2015, 08:51 PM
Not my problem once the title gets signed over. That's the way I look at it. I'll do my best not to sell someone a pile of garbage but once that title gets signed over and the cash in my hand that's your problem not mine. Ain't nothing you can do about it.

You old salt. What are you selling your old Huffy to the kid up the street?

slashfan7964
01-15-2015, 09:59 PM
You old salt. What are you selling your old Huffy to the kid up the street?

Could be anything, really. More of a generalized statement.

RIDE-RED 250r
01-16-2015, 12:33 AM
Yep...like Slash I try to be up front as I possibly can. But in the end the terms of sale are as-is with no warrantee implied or expressed. Period.

kaymo
01-16-2015, 12:40 AM
people that piss me off- ones that list things for sale, but dont answer their email or phone, or refuse to actually try to sell them to you. let me taunt you with what you need at an affordable price and keep you from finding it elsewhere because i want to be a jerk. oh and people that want to sell things online but only offer them locally, even if they are shippable items. or refuse to work with you to make shipping reasonable.

if you cant package and ship things why offer them for sale somewhere the entire world can see. put them in a yard sale if you are too lazy to do anything with it lol

slashfan7964
01-23-2015, 08:48 PM
I'm dealing with a moron as I'm typing this. I put up an ad to sell some crap I had laying I didn't need. Figured the extra money would be nice and would go a long way.

This kid messages me asking about the stuff I was selling. He wanted most of it, but not all of it. So I give him a price, tell him he has to pay for shipping and figure that out based on my location. That's on top of the price. Turns out this guy wants to ship internationally. Keep in mind this is off a Craiglist ad; not off of Ebay. Here I am expecting someone to come pick this stuff and hand me a wad of cash or something. Then he goes on to ask if he "really has to pay for all the stuff, but not the stuff he doesn't want". Ok, what? Last time I checked, this stuff was for sale, not free. So we continued talking and now he refuses to give his address, so I have no idea where to send this stuff, or figure out how this currency is going to be exchanged.

Oh what have I got myself into :/

RIDE-RED 250r
01-23-2015, 09:19 PM
I'm dealing with a moron as I'm typing this. I put up an ad to sell some crap I had laying I didn't need. Figured the extra money would be nice and would go a long way.

This kid messages me asking about the stuff I was selling. He wanted most of it, but not all of it. So I give him a price, tell him he has to pay for shipping and figure that out based on my location. That's on top of the price. Turns out this guy wants to ship internationally. Keep in mind this is off a Craiglist ad; not off of Ebay. Here I am expecting someone to come pick this stuff and hand me a wad of cash or something. Then he goes on to ask if he "really has to pay for all the stuff, but not the stuff he doesn't want". Ok, what? Last time I checked, this stuff was for sale, not free. So we continued talking and now he refuses to give his address, so I have no idea where to send this stuff, or figure out how this currency is going to be exchanged.

Oh what have I got myself into :/

What you've gotten yourself into is a scam... Don't send him anything, none of your information of any kind, no items, no money...nothing, nyet, nada, zero, zip, zilch, goose-egg... and don't correspond with him any more....

Or you could do what I did with a scammer.... Started hitting on him! LOL! He stopped bothering me after that! I would post the screenshots of the conversation, it's wicked funny... but I don't want my phone number on the web... Then I'll have a wave of scammer calls and texts from hell!

slashfan7964
01-23-2015, 10:15 PM
What you've gotten yourself into is a scam... Don't send him anything, none of your information of any kind, no items, no money...nothing, nyet, nada, zero, zip, zilch, goose-egg... and don't correspond with him any more....

Or you could do what I did with a scammer.... Started hitting on him! LOL! He stopped bothering me after that! I would post the screenshots of the conversation, it's wicked funny... but I don't want my phone number on the web... Then I'll have a wave of scammer calls and texts from hell!

:lol:

I actually think he's a young kid, based on some of the stuff I've seen but I literally stopped answering him. Don't need that crap lol.

That sounds like a good time, maybe I should do that :lol:

tripledog
01-23-2015, 10:20 PM
I just got off of the phone with a potential buyer of a pair of Honda Twinstar motorcycles that I had listed on craigslist. He was going to pick them up tomorrow, but he said his parents forbid him to buy them. Parents?! I thought I was dealing with an adult!

briano
01-29-2015, 01:33 PM
Just saw another favorite of mine. I'm not sure who to blame here, the person or manufacturer. Why is it that they make yoga pants in a size 6X large? Why do 350 pound plus gals wear these types of pants? So, I just saw a young gal that was easily 350 wearing these yoga pants, there was stuff sticking out all over the place, yucky. I'm no slim Jim myself, and have nothing against some big ol boy or gal, but come on, wear something that fits.

ironchop
01-29-2015, 02:12 PM
..... Why is it that they make yoga pants in a size 6X large? Why do 350 pound plus gals wear these types of pants? So, I just saw a young gal that was easily 350 wearing these yoga pants,.......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

LMMFAO.....YEAH!

you haven`t heard? This woman is "redefining beauty standards for all women"

No, I`m not joking. Wish I was.

https://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/blogs/icymi/tess-munster--plus-sized-model--wants-to--effyourbeautystandards-100052949.html

Ya know I never knew that the only reason I`m attracted to smaller women is because society told me that was the standard but apparently this lady thinks that "changing the standards" will somehow also change what some men are attracted to merely by telling them to be attracted to something else. It does get insulting to have some females constantly talk about how much they need to be respected and accepted while SIMULTANEOUSLY treating men as if they were a bunch of gorillas who need to be "trained"....like we are so stupid that we don`t even realize we have been conditioned by the Anorexia Lobby to be interested in tight bods.

tripledog
01-29-2015, 08:41 PM
Just saw another favorite of mine. I'm not sure who to blame here, the person or manufacturer. Why is it that they make yoga pants in a size 6X large? Why do 350 pound plus gals wear these types of pants? So, I just saw a young gal that was easily 350 wearing these yoga pants, there was stuff sticking out all over the place, yucky. I'm no slim Jim myself, and have nothing against some big ol boy or gal, but come on, wear something that fits.

They are designed for the rum and DIET coke crowd... like rum isn't fattening! Kind of reminds me of an incident at a gym about 25 years ago. My brother and I had just finished our workouts and were leaving the gym. As we were leaving, a she beast sauntered in wearing a designer sweatshirt with a Guess logo on it. My brother looked her dead in the eye and said "I don't know, probably 375?".

Dirtcrasher
01-29-2015, 10:41 PM

Briano, Yoga parts are the single most best invention EVER!!!!! Just not on a fat chick :D

hoosierlogger
01-29-2015, 10:52 PM
:lol:

I actually think he's a young kid, based on some of the stuff I've seen but I literally stopped answering him. Don't need that crap lol. :lol:

Last time I had a craigslist scammer try to pull the "I'll have my shipping agent pick it up" I pulled a good one on him. The next morning right after my morning coffee and bowel movement. I snapped a photo of the semi solid toilet snake and sent it to him. I included these words "have your shipping agent come get this." That was the last I had heard from him.

Samjp22
01-29-2015, 11:20 PM
And the fact these big gals are complaining that yoga pants are becoming see through... well no sh&t they're only going to stretch so much before becoming transparent! Then the site seeing just gets worse...

briano
01-29-2015, 11:45 PM
Briano, Yoga parts are the single most best invention EVER!!!!! Just not on a fat chick :D

I agree 100 percent. But these looked like they were full of water balloons and cottage cheese. I don't mind a little "toe" show but this looked like a mattress folded in half. Lol

Samjp22
01-30-2015, 03:59 AM
hahahhahahah holy trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro im dying :lol: :lol: :lol:

83ATC185
01-30-2015, 10:05 AM
I agree 100 percent. But these looked like they were full of water balloons and cottage cheese. I don't mind a little "toe" show but this looked like a mattress folded in half. Lol

hahahahaha jeez what a mental picture:lol: i think the people that make me the most crazy or at least the first ignorance that comes to mind is when you're in an unfamiliar area, and you stop and ask someone for directions, they almost always have no idea where it is, and you'll find the place you were looking for an hour later, 2 blocks away from where you stopped to ask.

Trike_crazy
01-30-2015, 01:01 PM
What always gets me is all of the people that want to lowball right out the gate. I had an decent looking and great running 89 kx125 dirtbike that I posted on CL and on a few Facebook pages to try and help get it sold. People kept offering or making comments that the bike was only worth 400-500 bucks on an ad that was 900. Now granted, it is an older bike but there is about $300 in new parts that go with the bike like a new sleeve, stock sized piston, 1mm over piston and brand new rear tire. I use price guides like NADA/KBB to price my stuff so that I don't end up losing more money then a already would be and I do realize that things are only worth what someone is willing to pay but when it books for $645 (fair condition) to $1600 (good condition) I think my price was more then fair. Needless to say I still have the bike. Lol

slashfan7964
01-30-2015, 03:25 PM
Last time I had a craigslist scammer try to pull the "I'll have my shipping agent pick it up" I pulled a good one on him. The next morning right after my morning coffee and bowel movement. I snapped a photo of the semi solid toilet snake and sent it to him. I included these words "have your shipping agent come get this." That was the last I had heard from him.

Oh god, this is fantastic :lol:

sweetip2000
01-30-2015, 11:32 PM
Put a tire around his neck. Its cold outside.

greenhuman
01-31-2015, 11:29 PM
How about cheapskates?
There is a guy down the street from me who owns several houses, blocks of apartments etc. He knocks on my door one day and asks if I have a piece of dowel about 1/2" in diameter and about 24" long. I said I didn't and he complained he had been up and down the street asking everyone the same thing with no luck. I asked him what it was for and he said it was a perch for his bird cage. Keep in mind we back onto the bush full of sticks and there is a Home Depot type store less than a mile away. I have multiple stories about this legendary tightass. It makes me sick.