PDA

View Full Version : Supercross 2015 on Fox Sports 1

Mosh
01-17-2015, 11:46 PM
Absolutely trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro sucks...
A 50 inch tv screen reduced to 37 inch viewing area due to whatever uneducated trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro toolbag thinks it was a great ide to put a 30 inch long 13 inch wide scoring bar on the side of the screen.

It is proof positive that new ideas generally suck, and the more curb feelers, dingleberry roof decorations, bells and whistles you add to something, the lamer you make it.
KISS rules apply.

Please if you have facebook, and twitter, go to fox sports 1 and tell them they are trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro morons, like the other 10,000 people have for the first 2 races of this season..
Now....I am going to watch my dog lick her ass...At least I can get a full veiw unimpeded by some corporate moronic advertising banner..
Thanks for the vent time...

Toaster556
01-18-2015, 12:34 AM
Not to mention it's slow to update and frequently wrong!
Some new blood in the booth wouldn't be amiss either. Ralph Sheheen is terrible, and as much as I respect Jeff Emig the racer, there's better ex-racers doing commentary. Grant Langston doing AX is a joke, he belongs in the SX booth. He keeps up a good running commentary the whole race without just reading off names and positions.
Ever since Speed got gutted by Fox, the whole thing has gone downhill, but at least they got rid of that trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro Rutledge.

Dirtcrasher
01-18-2015, 07:57 PM
I said the same thing to my dad last night. The scrolling top feed we had was fine and now owning a 50" TV is like an old 32.

I agree, Ralph Sheheen is horrible, even screws up riders names all the time. David Bailey was great! And Erin Bates is gone too.

Mickey Dunlap
01-18-2015, 08:27 PM
This year I have to say is boring without Ryan V and James S. I was more pump up to watch the Seahawks today.

90guy
01-18-2015, 11:08 PM
Man I was dissapointed when I found out I dont have fox on Direct tv. But by the way it sounds I am not missing out on much.

Matt85'350x
01-19-2015, 01:30 PM
This year I have to say is boring without Ryan V and James S. I was more pump up to watch the Seahawks today.

I disagree I think Dungey is just warming up and is going to give the German a run for his money.

Toaster556
01-19-2015, 08:00 PM

From what I've heard through the grapevine, Bubba's appeal process is ongoing and he's still training hard. RV just seems to be flat done on racing. It looks like he wants a MXGP title to go with his US Supercross and Motocross titles, but what else is there for him to win? He's earned his early retirement from the sport IMHO. He was sure a nice kid when he was on 80s, hope dominance hasn't changed him too much.

Anyone else impressed with Jason Anderson and the KTM-varna? I think he might be the next to notch his first 450 victory if he can get around Roczen and outlast Dungey. I don't see the parity they keep blabbing about when there's only three guys within 25 points of first.

tommerp
01-19-2015, 11:00 PM
Well.. I can tell you this.. I was at the 1/17/15 race in Grand Rapids.. and it was awesome! I think my most favorite part was the little 2 stoke 50's running around there. Those little 4 to 8 year old duffers took on the same track the the big guns did.. and every one of them rode it like they stole it.

I was impressed...and would definitely recommend anyone to go see this live.

Dirtcrasher
01-19-2015, 11:27 PM
From what I've heard through the grapevine, Bubba's appeal process is ongoing and he's still training hard. RV just seems to be flat done on racing. It looks like he wants a MXGP title to go with his US Supercross and Motocross titles, but what else is there for him to win? He's earned his early retirement from the sport IMHO. He was sure a nice kid when he was on 80s, hope dominance hasn't changed him too much.

Anyone else impressed with Jason Anderson and the KTM-varna? I think he might be the next to notch his first 450 victory if he can get around Roczen and outlast Dungey. I don't see the parity they keep blabbing about when there's only three guys within 25 points of first.

Right on. And it is a bit sad that Stewart isn't out there....

I miss McGrath, RC, GOAT, Pestrana, Emig, Henry, Lamson, Albertyn, Windham; Just miss so many! and Southwick,MA no longer holds the MX race :(

Bowers should be fun to watch. I can't believe after that crashum smashum in the 250 Main that next 450 Mains event has another one where Short takes out REED!! and then REED takes out some retaliation!! AMA is gonna act on this kind of riding but I love this scrubbing!!!!

aldochina
01-22-2015, 09:50 AM
I was thinking about taking the family to see the SX at Metlife stadium in April. Be a first time venue, and I have never been. I think the boys will love it, and I certainly will. Yankee Trails is doing a bus trip, but seems pricey, would cost me over 500 to get in the door, less food and merchandise!! Thats just rediculous. I dont know what tickets cost at the door, but gas is cheaper than its been in a while, so I think we will just pack the van and drive down. Its only probably 2.5 hrs. Gotta check ticket prices. Wonder if kids are reduced? Anyone else going to this event? I have not watched any events on tv this yr so I can not comment on the topic. Gotta set the DVR.

Matt85'350x
01-22-2015, 01:08 PM
I was thinking about taking the family to see the SX at Metlife stadium in April. Be a first time venue, and I have never been. I think the boys will love it, and I certainly will. Yankee Trails is doing a bus trip, but seems pricey, would cost me over 500 to get in the door, less food and merchandise!! Thats just rediculous. I dont know what tickets cost at the door, but gas is cheaper than its been in a while, so I think we will just pack the van and drive down. Its only probably 2.5 hrs. Gotta check ticket prices. Wonder if kids are reduced? Anyone else going to this event? I have not watched any events on tv this yr so I can not comment on the topic. Gotta set the DVR.

Last year was the first year at Metlife.

Toaster556
01-22-2015, 08:23 PM
I've seen SX from great seats (Seattle 2012) and cheap seats (Vancouver 07), and the experience is better the closer you are, but even in the cheap seats its a good time. IIRC, most cheap seat tix are $35 for adults and less than $20 for kids for the US dates. Well worth it IMHO, especially if you go to the pit party. Most racers are super approachable, and having banged bars with some of the PNW guys as an amateur, I'd feel safe calling them genuinely decent guys. I'm curious to see who of the 250 West guys go to a 450 for the East coast swing