PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Ladies of Trikefest Calendars?

coolpool
01-19-2015, 05:43 PM
Maybe I missed something? I tried searching but that turned up nothing beyond the 2014 calendars. Did this initiative go by the way side? I was really hoping to get a new one for this year.

keister
01-20-2015, 01:17 PM
I was really hoping to supply them again this year. It just didn't happen. Here's the scoop:
The calendars haven't sold out the past 2 years, meaning I have several hundred dollars of unrealized profit sitting in my closet.
The 2012 calendar raised a bunch of money for the site. The 2013 and 2014 editions...... not so much.
The weather at TF last year was rather uncooperative and would have made it tough to get all the photos between cloudbursts.
I wondered if people would miss them, turns out some people do, but the new year came and went without too many inquiries.
Probably about a dozen people have contacted me asking about them, but it's not like the masses are clamouring for them.
The last problem is that shooting the calendar takes up a considerable amount of time at TF. I'm also very busy organizing MX.

Do I have definite plans for a 2016 calendar? Not really.

Will there ever be another Ladies of TF Calendar? I would like to think so.

This was my brainchild in 2005. I made it happen 4 times and really, really enjoyed it.
I know there are a bunch of people, like you, who faithfully bought these every year.
I do recognize that and appreciate it very much!

Who knows what the future might hold.

Ghostv2
01-20-2015, 06:31 PM
What is the minimum order you can place to get them printed? I would try to do one for 2016 but instead of getting a bunch printed order a limited number you know will sell and it's just first come first serve. But you have to consider how many it will take to be worth your time and to turn at least a little profit. Maybe it's something you can do some preorders of and base it off that.

Take some pictures this year. If the calendar doesn't happen in 2016, you'll just have more content for 2017, and so on. Or backups for when weather is inclement like last year.

You've probably already thought of some of these but it's just a suggestion. I was waiting for it to pop up at the end of the year but then eventually forgot about it like most.

Maybe post some pictures of last years or previous years and raise some hype for this year for women to prepare.

coolpool
01-28-2015, 11:56 PM
Roger keister, totally understandable. Thanks for your time on this initiative; who knows, maybe it'll happen again. Maybe the theme could change to thrills and spills of Trikefest. Probably a lot of those but the resolution would be questionable;-)

keister
05-01-2015, 12:51 PM
Well, you guys got your wish. I am hearing that there will be a 2016 calendar.
It seems that the ladies of Trikefest have a secret group on a certain social media site.
Turns out, THEY ALL really miss it and want it back, so the ladies themselves are going to move forward and make this happen.
I don't know what my role in this all will be yet, but I am certainly willing to get them printed and handle sales for the site.
This is going to be a calendar BY THE LADIES, of the ladies, and for ..... well..... for all of us.

Not sure how much they want me to disclose at this point, but they have a few new wrinkles planned.
Personally, I think it's pretty cool that they insist on keeping this tradition alive.
I'll post more details as they become available.......

oscarmayer
05-01-2015, 01:38 PM
awesome sauce!!!!

(yes i went there just for the ladies. ;) )

Billy Golightly
05-01-2015, 02:09 PM
I volunteer to be photographer!

hoosierlogger
05-01-2015, 03:34 PM
I don't want to see a wrinkled ladies of trikefest calendar. Lol. Unless they have just been in the river too long.

captainweezy
05-01-2015, 10:17 PM
I'm spoiled now since I ordered a calendar from Jason. Nuff said

keister
05-02-2015, 10:41 PM
I volunteer to be photographer!

I hope you are serious cause we already talked about that too.

oscarmayer
05-02-2015, 11:29 PM
Dang billy gets all the fun. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk