PDA

View Full Version : First time headed to trikefest....info appreciated!

knipfeldustin
01-19-2015, 08:47 PM
A friend and myself will be heading up Friday morning early and staying til Sunday. Just had a few questions about the camping area and such ...

Are generators welcome at night ?

I'm assuming by Friday most good camping spots will be gone so should we bring something to set up artificial shade ?

Will anyone be bringing a first or second gen r to sell...just looking for a trail bike not a collectors item ?

And I guess as of now the only other question I'd have is what type of tires does everyone prefer on the drag strip....see a lot of wedges and knobbies just curious on what is hooking up best as we have never been there ?

Thanks in advance!

knipfeldustin
01-19-2015, 09:14 PM
Just saw you have to sign up by 6 pm Thursday to race motocross fri ?
Can someone else sign you up or do you have to be there in person?

keister
01-20-2015, 08:36 AM
Just saw you have to sign up by 6 pm Thursday to race motocross fri ?
Can someone else sign you up or do you have to be there in person?

There will be online sign up, on this site. I will open it about a month before TrikeFest.

keister
01-20-2015, 08:45 AM
Are generators welcome at night ?
I'm assuming by Friday most good camping spots will be gone so should we bring something to set up artificial shade ?
Will anyone be bringing a first or second gen r to sell...just looking for a trail bike not a collectors item ?
And I guess as of now the only other question I'd have is what type of tires does everyone prefer on the drag strip....see a lot of wedges and knobbies just curious on what is hooking up best as we have never been there ?

Lots of people run generators at night. As for "welcome"....... that will depend on your neighbors.
"Bring shade!! You will need it.
Post an ad in the classifieds on this site and work out a deal beforehand. A lot of buying, selling, and trading goes on. There is mostly a swap meet thread for TrikeFest in this section too.
You will see any and every tire you can imagine. Bring a few sets and test them out at the strip before race day. I might recommend '3-Snows'.

ATC-Eric
01-20-2015, 02:32 PM
Howdy neighbor. I live outside of Columbia. My brother, and sister are in St. Louis. We'll all be there, as well as a couple other locals from Mexico and Ladonia. Small world.

knipfeldustin
01-20-2015, 09:07 PM
Howdy neighbor. I live outside of Columbia. My brother, and sister are in St. Louis. We'll all be there, as well as a couple other locals from Mexico and Ladonia. Small world.

When are you all headed up that way ? Looks like we may push our dates back and try to head out Wednesday the 24th.

knipfeldustin
01-20-2015, 09:08 PM
Lots of people run generators at night. As for "welcome"....... that will depend on your neighbors.
"Bring shade!! You will need it.
Post an ad in the classifieds on this site and work out a deal beforehand. A lot of buying, selling, and trading goes on. There is mostly a swap meet thread for TrikeFest in this section too.
You will see any and every tire you can imagine. Bring a few sets and test them out at the strip before race day. I might recommend '3-Snows'.

Thanks for all the info keister!

ATC-Eric
01-21-2015, 11:28 AM
When are you all headed up that way ? Looks like we may push our dates back and try to head out Wednesday the 24th.

Haven't even begun to think about it yet. It always depends on who is riding with us, what machines are coming, and of course what everyone's work schedule is. One way or another we will see you there though.