PDA

View Full Version : Honda 200s connecting rod bearing

dmcgee2000
01-22-2015, 03:48 PM
I am still working on my complete restoration of my 1985 Honda 200s. I am working on the engine. I have a new Honda OEM connecting rod and pin. I was going to buy the connecting rod bearing for it, but there are three different ones listed, a white, red and blue one.

I am guessing that these are all different sizes, but I cannot find any documentation on them. I have downloaded the factory service manual hoping it would help to decode which bearing I need. However it does not mention the connecting rod bearing. So does anyone know which bearing I need? Is there a chart somewhere?

YTZ drew
01-22-2015, 11:06 PM
The chart can be found in the dealer's parts fiche, on the same page as the crankshaft assembly. Its not on any of the parts fiche websites I have been on, and as you said, not in the manual. I just went thru this when I sent my 200X crank to the machine shop to have the rod changed last summer.

dmcgee2000
01-23-2015, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the information. I was able to find a copy of the chart in my local dealers parts fiche. Now I just need to measure the pin and rod with a micrometer so that I can get the right bearing...

dmcgee2000
02-02-2015, 10:50 PM
Ok, so I finally got a good NOS connecting rod pin on eBay and I already had a NOS connecting rod for my motor. The connecting rod has a piece of tape around it marked with an A (upper case). The pin is engraved on the end with a number 3. I have attached a copy of the chart that I got from my dealer that lists the bearing sizes. As you can see from it, there is not a bearing listed where ROD=A and PIN=3.

The square for the combination that I have is right between the WHITE and BLUE bearings... So what should I do? Just pick either a WHITE or BLUE bearing? Or try to get another pin? The pins are still available from the dealer, but who knows what number I would actually get when they ordered it in...

Any help would be appreciated.

YTZ drew
02-03-2015, 10:54 AM
If I'm reading that chart right, the white bearing would offer more clearance than the blue, and the red would offer the least clearance. If you're in between white and blue, I'd pick white. These engines have oil pressure fed to the lower rod bearing thru the pin, so a little extra space isn't as big of a deal as it is on a 2-stroke thats just charge-lubricated.