PDA

View Full Version : 85 200s question

shdtreemechanic
01-22-2015, 07:07 PM
Today i just picked up a 85 200s honda the bike has a new piston and rings the guy i got it from said it ran after the new rings but he left it for a week and now it wont start, it has fire and a lot of compression does anyone have any ideas about this? Also i tried to roll this bike to start it but the engine wouldnt turn over does this 200 not allow u to roll start? Anyway I need any help that anyone can give and thanks in advance Jesse

Jmoozy27
01-22-2015, 07:37 PM
Can you turn the motor at all? What does the oil look like? Who worked on the trike? Sounds like it wasn't reassembled properly. Just throwing darts but we will see what everyone else says. If you can give us any more info that you may have it would be great.

shdtreemechanic
01-22-2015, 08:20 PM
Can you turn the motor at all? What does the oil look like? Who worked on the trike? Sounds like it wasn't reassembled properly. Just throwing darts but we will see what everyone else says. If you can give us any more info that you may have it would be great.

Yes the motor does turn over it has plenty of compression. I personally dont know who put it back together it would turn the motor over when I tried to push start it in gear and it acted like it went back to neutral someone told me that these 200 s done that and couldnt be started by pushing it. But as far as the motor for all i know is it may be oh of time he may not have timed it right but I would like to ge. It and going so i can ride it

86125m
01-22-2015, 08:43 PM
Does the bike not have a recoil starter. The first thing I would do is clean the carburetor.

Jmoozy27
01-22-2015, 08:56 PM
Download a manual from the site below and try to check the timing and troubleshoot whatever else is wrong. If you are getting spark and have compression then you need too check for fuel. So do as 86125m said and go through the carb. Those motors are pretty simple to work on and maintain so you should be able to figure it out. If not let us know we can help.

http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/

shdtreemechanic
01-22-2015, 09:08 PM
I was told ithe carb was new but im going to chem-dip it to be safe, The recoil has to be put together. I kinda think the flywheel key is sheared or when they overhauled it they got it out of time. Has anyone seen a flywheel key shear on these before? anyways thanks for the replies keep them coming.

briano
01-23-2015, 01:49 PM
Sounds like you should find a running rideable machine and also a repair manual.