PDA

View Full Version : 86 Tecate - Michigan $2000

tommerp
01-26-2015, 04:41 PM
I know NOTHING about this.. it only popped across my CL app on my phone and thought I'd share it here...

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/snw/4864182671.html

CL Verbage "no trades unless you have a very nice 400ex or raptor 250 can text pics. call 231.233.2947 if interested. runs great looks decent. needs alittle tlc but not much....still on oem tires has extended rear axle"

ironchop
01-26-2015, 06:42 PM
LMMFAO......he has low standards. I would trade TWO 400ex's for that trike.

nd4speed
01-27-2015, 12:16 PM
Gone in a day?

dabody69
01-30-2015, 01:41 AM
I bought it..

nd4speed
01-30-2015, 02:02 AM
Oh that's cool. Have you posted any pictures or threads about it yet?

I see a KX250 kick start lever and shifter on it and a KX250 frame in the back ground. Did he have a 1986 or 1985 KX250 frame laying there with no motor in it?

Answer silencer on it. Pipe say anything on it?

What you have planned for it?

Wish I could sell mine for 2000$.

dabody69
01-30-2015, 07:17 PM
Oh that's cool. Have you posted any pictures or threads about it yet?

I see a KX250 kick start lever and shifter on it and a KX250 frame in the back ground. Did he have a 1986 or 1985 KX250 frame laying there with no motor in it?

Answer silencer on it. Pipe say anything on it?

What you have planned for it?

Wish I could sell mine for 2000$.

Is that sarcasm, I can't tell from here. Yes it has a KX250 kick starter on it, not sure about the shifter, you obviously have more knowledge than me about it so I will take your word for it, def has answer silencer and extended 4 inch axle, it getting a complete NOS resto, have all the plastics lined up plus the NOS coolant res and NOS sticker set, it would be a shame if it was a KX250 motor, I paid $1600, do you think I over paid, post a pic of yours, I have a few friends looking for them, maybe we can make a deal.

nd4speed
01-31-2015, 02:08 AM
Last one out of grand rapids was probably in worse shape than that and it sold for like $600 then was resold immediately by the Detroit buyer to someone out of new york for like $1650. This was over 4 years ago. But yours had extended axle which is a bonus. New shrouds? OEM?

I havent really seen any for sale in MI for a long time. Seems to be drying up.

The Kx250 motor had a primary gear off the crank with 20 teeth, the tecate had 18 tooth gear. That would be the easiest way to tell. The clutch basket gear teeth numbers are different , not sure about the transmission ratios.

I have enough parts to build an entire other Tecate. The one with the Kx500 motor sitting in it.
Then I have spare parts on top of that. I sold most of the rare stuff like headlights, coolant bottles, air boxes, tool boxes and skid plates in order to get a lot of my money back and still have whole trikes. I have a complete motor. A kx250 motor, more motor parts, well whats left of 3 tecates and one KX250.

Last time I rode mine I blew up the front brake line and put a spare on and that is what can be seen in the picture with the brake fluid. Hoping to take it out on the ice tomorrow if I get up and get it started by afternoon.

tommerp
01-31-2015, 02:39 AM
What ice Nd4speed? I haven't seen any that I'd be willing to put rubber on yet...

nd4speed
01-31-2015, 02:46 AM
Local lakes by me, there are 2 public accesses within 10 minutes of me, I saw a truck out there by an ice shanty like 12 hours ago. This is Flint to Ann Arbor area.

nd4speed
01-31-2015, 04:32 PM
Went out on the ice and put almost a tank of gas through er before I got dirt in my eye from my dirty goggles and half of my upper chain slider ripped off. I broke my nearly 20 year old Yamaha tire gauge I got with my first 4 wheeler.

It was fun rippin around for a bit though.

dabody69
01-31-2015, 07:38 PM
Last one out of grand rapids was probably in worse shape than that and it sold for like $600 then was resold immediately by the Detroit buyer to someone out of new york for like $1650. This was over 4 years ago. But yours had extended axle which is a bonus. New shrouds? OEM?

I havent really seen any for sale in MI for a long time. Seems to be drying up.

The Kx250 motor had a primary gear off the crank with 20 teeth, the tecate had 18 tooth gear. That would be the easiest way to tell. The clutch basket gear teeth numbers are different , not sure about the transmission ratios.

I have enough parts to build an entire other Tecate. The one with the Kx500 motor sitting in it.
Then I have spare parts on top of that. I sold most of the rare stuff like headlights, coolant bottles, air boxes, tool boxes and skid plates in order to get a lot of my money back and still have whole trikes. I have a complete motor. A kx250 motor, more motor parts, well whats left of 3 tecates and one KX250.

Last time I rode mine I blew up the front brake line and put a spare on and that is what can be seen in the picture with the brake fluid. Hoping to take it out on the ice tomorrow if I get up and get it started by afternoon.

The shrouds are OEM, the decals on them are not