PDA

View Full Version : 10.25:1 wiseco high compression piston question

shdtreemechanic
01-29-2015, 06:03 PM
Ok ive got a 200s the guy i got it from put a new 10.25:1 wiseco piston in the bike now here where im having troubles does the carb have to be rejetted after this high compression piston install? I cant seem to get this thing to run right, it has a aftermarket carb on it but its worn the slide is a bit loose i the carb body and slide has a i dentiton where idle speed screw sits an the idle mixture screw is the wrong one. Any ideas or suggestions on this would greatly help. Thanks Jesse

trikejunkie
01-29-2015, 06:34 PM
Best bet would be get a new carb. Shouldn't have to rejet it, unless u have free flowing air filter and exhaust. I have 12:1 compression with DG exhaust uni air filter and 200x carb jetted to 112-118 main jet depending on if the airbox is on or off.

trikejunkie
01-29-2015, 06:36 PM
Also with 10.25:1 u should be running super.

ironchop
01-29-2015, 06:39 PM
but its worn the slide is a bit loose i the carb body

This will def cause problems.

and slide has a i dentiton where idle speed screw sits

that shouldn`t be a problem

an the idle mixture screw is the wrong one.

this will definitely give you fits tuning it. Get the right one and make sure the little o-ring is still down in the seat where this screw goes

Welcome from here in Warren County

shdtreemechanic
01-29-2015, 06:39 PM
Also with 10.25:1 u should be running super.

Thanks man it runs like a scalded dog I got to run it for a few minutes until the idle mixture screw backed out and got lost. So you think just order a aftermarket 200x carb and run it without jetting? Thanks for the replies keep them coming. Jesse

shdtreemechanic
01-29-2015, 06:42 PM
This will def cause problems.

that shouldn`t be a problem

this will definitely give you fits tuning it. Get the right one and make sure the little o-ring is still down in the seat where this screw goes

Welcome from here in Warren County
Thanks man were practically neighbors! I think im going to get an aftermarket 200x carb and go with that and see what happens

ironchop
01-29-2015, 06:44 PM
I wouldn`t even order an aftermarket carb.

just get a clean used 200X carb, clean it good, and run it

what kind of aftermarket carb? Chinese? If it`s Chinese you got a 50/50 chance it won`t tune right. At least that`s been my experience with them.

shdtreemechanic
01-29-2015, 06:48 PM
I wouldn`t even order an aftermarket carb.

just get a clean used 200X carb, clean it good, and run it

what kind of aftermarket carb? Chinese? If it`s Chinese you got a 50/50 chance it won`t tune right. At least that`s been my experience with them.
its actually a japan carb I forgot the exact name but thanks ill look around and see what I can find

ironchop
01-29-2015, 06:50 PM
check yer PMs....I might be able to help

aramid
01-29-2015, 07:00 PM
Ok ive got a 200s the guy i got it from put a new 10.25:1 wiseco piston in the bike now here where im having troubles does the carb have to be rejetted after this high compression piston install?yes it does if it was jetted properly before . . you will need to go up on the jetting slightly because the higher compression piston increased the engines volumetric efficiency.

aramid
01-29-2015, 07:03 PM
Thanks man it runs like a scalded dog I got to run it for a few minutes until the idle mixture screw backed out and got lost. So you think just order a aftermarket 200x carb and run it without jetting?

all carbs need to be jetted.

if you also have a performance exhaust pipe on it i would get a carb that is 2 mm bigger than stock . . strangely enough, the chinese carbs are decent.

shdtreemechanic
01-29-2015, 07:22 PM
I think a stock 200x carb would work ok someone else suggested so ill try it never hurts to try

briano
01-29-2015, 07:47 PM
You already have a 4 page thread going about this same problem. Find someone who knows what they're doing to help you. Or find a machine that runs and drives like it should.

shdtreemechanic
01-29-2015, 07:58 PM
You already have a 4 page thread going about this same problem. Find someone who knows what they're doing to help you. Or find a machine that runs and drives like it should.
I know what im doing im a certified mechanic but the carbs are a lot diffrent than the a quadrajet chevy or a lawnmowers carb even. I know my two threads are similar but ive gotten a lot different views and help with this one and besides the bike runs and rides good just cant the carb right

shdtreemechanic
01-29-2015, 11:24 PM
Anymore input?

yaegerb
01-29-2015, 11:50 PM
Thanks man it runs like a scalded dog I got to run it for a few minutes until the idle mixture screw backed out and got lost. So you think just order a aftermarket 200x carb and run it without jetting? Thanks for the replies keep them coming. Jesse

I have two completely rebuilt 200x carbs. They have been cleaned, inspected and rebuilt with a shindy kit. I have pictures of them in my profile under my items for sale folder. 60.00 a piece which includes the ride.

shdtreemechanic
01-30-2015, 12:09 AM
I have two completely rebuilt 200x carbs. They have been cleaned, inspected and rebuilt with a shindy kit. I have pictures of them in my profile under my items for sale folder. 60.00 a piece which includes the ride.

I wont be able to work on my trikes for a few weeks so let me think on that until then, I just ordered a jet kit for the carb I have if that wont work I may have to buy one from u

shdtreemechanic
01-30-2015, 02:45 PM
anyone else's thoughts?

Jmoozy27
01-30-2015, 03:28 PM
I would just stick to OEM and get the 200x carb. At least you know what you will be getting. From the symtoms you have explained it sounds like the cheap carb is to blame for most of the problems. You should be able to use the jets that you have on the way in the OEM carb if necessary.

thcowboy
01-30-2015, 09:20 PM
Yeah i suggested the 200x carb lol, quadrajet:beer heck yeah!

shdtreemechanic
01-30-2015, 09:28 PM
Yeah i suggested the 200x carb lol, quadrajet:beer heck yeah!

:beer thanks man

scrambler250R
02-11-2015, 04:12 AM
Yeah the chinese carbs are hit & miss. I had one that ran way too rich no matter what you did, had some that work great! At the prices you can get them for(some low as $20 free shipping) I think it's worth the risk. You have to put your original jets in them though, ones that come in them I don't think would run a weed eater!