PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Honda 200

loosescrewkid
02-02-2015, 07:29 PM
so i picked up a honda 2oo all original complete with original ownership. ya i was excited lol. so after completely blowing it apart and fabing a new exhaust off a 200x i started it, it wouldn't idle properly if i put the idle to the proper spot it will sit there for awhile then spike as if the throttle was left wide open. if i turn it down to decent i have to hit the throttle every so often to keep it running. i know it need rings because when i start it it doesn't pull my arm off like they normally do lol. i heard i rumour that with a new exhaust like that id need a bigger jet in the carb. however i took it down to the small engine shop and he told me they were crazy and i needed to set the valves. i did so and now it wont start at all. although its winter now. any one have any thoughts whats going on with the poor old girl??? 209558209559209560209561209562
and yes it a 200s front end at the moment. i dont have the money to rebuild the stock front end especially the tire.trailpro

BarnBoy
06-17-2015, 10:50 AM
It might just need a carb clean. What is the year? It looks like that model has an automatic decompressor, but the picture is unclear. Does it smoke at all when running?