PDA

View Full Version : new to me 200s and 125m

ryanbsimmcon
02-04-2015, 12:45 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new here, from Los Angeles. Picked two trikes up from two different original owners in the same week. The 125m belonged to a gal as a teenager bought for her by her grandparents. It was ridden a couple hrs, then stored away,ran once 10 yrs ago by her husband, then stored away. The worse damage on it looks like puppy chew marks on some plastic. I would like to go through the whole thing and bring back to life. My ol' lady will ride this one. Can I get a check list from someone on what you would do if it was yours? Oil change, air filter, battery, etc.(electric start - too cool) One thing is it doesn't roll on the ground well, meaning stiff axle or frozen chain kind of thing. Thank You!

Ghostv2
02-04-2015, 01:30 PM
I've had a 200s that the rear drum breaks froze up, maybe that's your problem. Happened after sitting for a winter. In that case it's probably time for some new shoes and proper lubrication here and there.

To get it running, start simple. Check for spark, clean carb, clean air filter. Process of elimination before you dump money into various parts.

It's a nice survivor though. OEM tires and all.

ryanbsimmcon
02-04-2015, 11:40 PM
Awesome, Thank You Ghost!

Chick3nBig
02-09-2015, 01:20 AM
Spray the bolts with WD-40 Specially the big nuts if you plan on getting to the back breaks. Had same problem as Ghostb2. While you at it change axle bearings.

ryanbsimmcon
02-12-2015, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the tips. Sure having fun wrenching on these things. Can someone tell me how to properly install this rubber gasket thing that seal the front brakes? I line up the little notches, go for a test drive, and it pins off and hangs loose on the hub. The parts schematic and manual doesn't completely identify. How does the thing stay in there? Do I need it?