PDA

View Full Version : Tecate w/ New 35mm Air Striker by Keihin

Ragar
02-07-2015, 03:48 PM
So sick of the Mikuni floats getting stuck or w/e is happening and dumping fuel
So its going. Found one of our suppliers that can get me an Air Striker so I pulled the trigger.
I went with the 35mm, My T3 still has the air box, and factory expansion chamber, and an Answer Silencer.
I
went 35mm due to the fact it is Stock atm.

Should I put the Air Box on the shelf and Run it with a pod filter?

Where should I start Jet wise?
I think it comes with a 160 Main and 48 slow jet.

I can find Guys running the 38mm but those look like modded Trikes.
I do plan on porting down the way and maybe the cool-head.

Ryanq55
02-07-2015, 04:16 PM
I've got v-force reeds, pipe and silencer, pod filter, and a pvl ignition, and stock bore with what looked like some very mild port work when I had it apart and I'm running the 38mm Air Stryker and seems to run fine, but I really haven't had too much seat time since I just finished putting the motor back together after a complete rebuild. I'll be starting to take it out now that it's done and getting more seat time. I'll keep you updated if you're interested.

nd4speed
02-08-2015, 06:58 PM
try a 48- 52 pilot and 145-160 main

Might even start with 162 main, also keep the mid range rich with the needle. Meaning lower the clip towards the bottom point of the needle. Most riding is done in the mid range and the easiest place to lean out a motor. I run mine lean, rich, lean-rich.

The main I have in my 38mm is a 158 or 160 I think and it is a bit rich for summer on humid days but it ran fine at 30 degrees last weekend. My pilot is a 40 something and it is too small and my bike has no idle at all. Was annoying to stall going slow when I ran that carb on my dirt bike.

So 52 , 2nd or 3rd clip from bottom, and 160 is where I would start in this weather.

Ragar
02-08-2015, 07:20 PM
Sounds like it might come set right up. Ill see how she Idles out of the box. and check the needle position before sticking it on.

aramid
02-09-2015, 10:12 PM
yes, put the stock air box on.