PDA

View Full Version : 1982 200E Front Forks!!!

3hounds
02-08-2015, 03:52 PM
Hey guys, I have searched all post regarding this issue but need some definitive answers. I am going to upgrade my 1982 200e forks to the 200m forks. My biggest question is if I need to replace other parts with it such as the front hub assembly, handle bar mounts, axle, fenders, etc or will most of my existing 200e parts transfer to the 200m fork?

I wasted 2 days of my life attempting to remove the suspension springs from the 200E. I tried heat, hammer and even electrolysis! Those suckers are fused in there. I am ready to make the 200m swap.

You guys are great and I enjoy the forum

Xfile
02-08-2015, 09:53 PM
The information is on here somewhere about the swap, I remember seeing it a few years ago....just keep looking. If I remember correctly, you will need the M fender for sure and likely the M hub. I'm not sure if the headlights are interchangeable, I think I remember the M having different mounts for the brackets. The 200E and 200ES forks are a Honda engineering flop IMO, even after you get them apart, you will find yourself asking "why".....when there are conventional forks available? it makes no sense. As soon as I find a decent M front end I will be doing the swap to my ES also.

86125m
02-08-2015, 11:56 PM
yes you will defiantly need the M fender but good luck finding one. you will need the front hub and brakes and axle off the m as well. The headlight bucket will interchange but you will have to buy the right mounting hardware.