PDA

View Full Version : My "new" 1982 185s. Need decal advice

dirtfan07
02-08-2015, 09:21 PM

Just bought this; probably for pure nostalgia reasons. My second atc was this exact model so when I saw it on Craigslist, I had to get it. Tank is awesome but I need repro rear fender decals. A quick internet search shows a bunch of companies. Which ones do you guys recommend or ones to stay away from? I'm just getting back into atc's and appreciate any advice. Thanks

tri-shee
02-08-2015, 09:28 PM
Try Yamahatopdog on ebay. I have bought several sticker kits from them. If they don't have it,maybe they can make it for you.

prometheus
02-09-2015, 12:21 AM
Just put some punisher stickers on it and a rack for you ar15 and call it done:D

atc007
02-09-2015, 07:47 AM
Welcome. We must not be too far apart. I was fighting hard not to go buy that!! if the tires would have been OE. It would be here :). There are a few amazing graphic guys and piles of crappy ones! Yamahatopdog in Bloomsburg have hands down the most and the best. It's all they do in their graphics division. If they don't have 82. they can't simply make them. there is a tremendous amount of time put into every single pixel of a great decal. It isn't easy or quick. Email me where you're from sometime! Harlan Lynse , and Blue 27 also come to mind. Not sure if they have these or how busy they are.

dirtfan07
02-09-2015, 02:02 PM
atc007, I live in Lakewood. Where are you at?

I emailed the guy within an hour of him posting it but I figured it would already be gone. He took $600 cash and met me at 80/81 junction the next day. Its not mint but its pretty nice. I didnt want a show machine cause I plan on riding it with my son once he gets old enough for his atc70. However, having nice looking and correct stickers is a must!! Thanks for the leads, I'll try Yamahatopdog first.

86125m
02-09-2015, 03:32 PM
Man thats a nice 185s at 600 dollars id say you did really well. Get the front bar and rear view mirror off. Buy this front mud flap http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-ATC90-110-125M-185S-200S-200X-250R-250SX-FRONT-FENDER-MUD-FLAP-NEW-/291374405674?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43d744982a&vxp=mtr . And get the rear fender stickers id email harlan lynse ive herd he does great work and has most if not all the repro atc decals. I emailed him and he got back to me very quickly. I'm going to order from him when my project bike gets closer to being complete. here is his email hjlysne@charter.net. THe best part about you 185s is it doesn't have trail pros on it.trailpro :lol:

dirtfan07
02-09-2015, 08:49 PM
Haha!! My original one had Wooly Boogers on it so once these wear out, thats whats going on it

Yeah, the only thing I was PO'ed about when I went to pick it up was the dumb foot rest bar on the front. Not so much that it was there but they took the mudflap off to put it on and the flap was long gone. You couldnt see that in the Craigslist pics (just a coincidence I'm sure, lol). The mirror?? What you guys dont like it??