PDA

View Full Version : Is it me??

redsox
02-15-2015, 07:40 PM
ok. Craigslist vent. I posted an 84 125m. Had it on for $700 off and on until yesterday. Dropped the price to $600 and got a bunch of interest. Guy calls yesterday and offers $500. I tell him i'd have a tough time refusing $500 in person, but i didn't want to dicker via text. He says he's very interested and we talk about trikes for about five minutes. He says he'll reach out if he can get a truck. I say ok. a while later he says he's borrowing a truck and coming to take a look. Meantime another guy (buyer 2) calls and says he's interested. I tell him someones on the way. I wait around. nothing. After a few hours, guy #1 texts that his truck fell through and he's try again tomorrow. wasted night. Fast forward till today. guy #1 reaches out early. more of the same, borrowing a truck and interested, yada yada yada. I tell him i'm around all day. He says he's gotta move some snow and he'll come by. After awhile, he asks if i'll be around later in the afternoon. "yes" i tell him, but its craigslist and i'm losing hope. So, around 2:40pm i get a text from buyer 2. he's got cash and he can be here in 20 mins. I tell him i'll call him right back. I text buyer #1, no response. I call buyer #1, no answer. I call back buyer 2 and he comes over and buys the trike. He's happy. I'm happy.
THIS IS WHERE IT GETS WEIRD.
Buyer 1 texts that he wants to come by. I told him it sold. He starts texting that he's upset because he jumped through hoops to get a truck and ran around all day. i told him i was sorry, but was not sure and tried to call. then he says he knows everyone that buys trikes in new england and nobody will do business with me anymore. Further, he says he's "the head of the New England Trikers" and that he organized trikefest NH. Said he hasn't met others that are a bigger authority on trikes in New England. keeps going on and on. twilight zone stuff. Said he hosted a ride in NH with 40 trikes. Also said he's organizing a trike event larger than trikefest. All this out of nowhere. Anybody know this guy? Westford MA? Man,,, can't win sometimes. Just trying to make some room. :crazy:

tripledog
02-15-2015, 07:49 PM
Guy #1 sounds like your run of the mill Craigslist d-bag. I have had many similar dealings with jerks on Craigslist. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Chopsaw
02-15-2015, 10:01 PM
I'ts not you . Guy lives 2 minutes from me , I call him Mr. ATC . If he don't have it he used to . Every time I list a bike for sale , he comes to the surface . " If it looks as good as the picture , I'm buying it " " You gonna be home ? " Never shows . I know who he is now , and just ignore him .

Found a 84 200 Yamaha in a barn in Illinois . Cleaned up like new , ran great . Listed for $750 . Guy from Kansas (over 3hours away ) calls me . I back out the cost of the drive and tell him $ 550 . He sends me 50 to hold it .Be here next week . Meantime , I have a local show up and try to hand me 800 cash . Cant do it , because I have 50 of the Kansas guys money . Kansas shows up like he said , kicks the tires and trys to talk me down to 400 . Looked at him and said long drive to go home with nuthin .
Should have taken the 800 .

250rs-neva-die
02-15-2015, 10:34 PM
I saw your bike on there it looked pretty nice. I remember reading a post on here of someone getting a weekend event together in new Hampshire. they were calling it "trikefest east?" or something like that. He must be local to you as well. did you know what town he was from?

YTZ drew
02-15-2015, 11:13 PM
Wow, that sucks. I feel your pain, I have parts listed on CL for an F250 I'm parting out, most of the calls I get end up as no-shows.

Devilsclaw
02-15-2015, 11:25 PM
Boy you'd think if he was such a big deal in trike circles he'd at least have a pickup. I'm guessing "it's not running right now" LOL

redsox
02-16-2015, 10:13 AM
I saw your bike on there it looked pretty nice. I remember reading a post on here of someone getting a weekend event together in new Hampshire. they were calling it "trikefest east?" or something like that. He must be local to you as well. did you know what town he was from?

it was a very, very decent 84 125m. not showroom, but cosmetically very nice and mechanically perfect. Good brakes, tires, bearings, battery, starter, etc, etc,. had a rack and a new seat cover. all the lights worked. thing was very nice. push the button and go. I lost money on it @ $500. just so i could make some room. Now the self-proclaimed "head of the New England Trikers" has ostracized me from the trike community completely. Bummer.

Yes, he said he was the organizer of trikefest east, which was going to be much larger than trikefest. He said he's from Westford, MA.

Scootertrash
02-16-2015, 10:55 AM
My shocked face: :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to hear that you'll have to move out of your state hanging your head in shame.
I'll still be your friend, red! ;)

My craigslist policies. I try to price things fairly. I'm not too greedy of a bastige ;):

1) No, I won't "hold it" for you. First come, first served.

2) If you tell me you'll be here at a certain time and someone shows up before you with cash,
I'll call you and tell you that it's been sold so you don't drive all the way for nothing. I tell potential customers this up front.

3) If you show up , start haggling and then say "All I have is XXX amount" (IE: Ask price was 700 and you say "All I have is 400") Welp. YOU just wasted BOTH of our time. Have a nice drive home.

4) No, I won't bring it to your house so you can look at it. Sure, I'll deliver it to your house, after you've paid me for the item and an additional fee for delivery.

jb2wheels
02-16-2015, 11:28 AM
^^ x2 plus nobody comes to my house. I meet them somewhere close to the house but in public. We set a time. I tell them I'll be there for 30 minutes. If they no show, they're ignored forever.

redsox
02-16-2015, 12:58 PM
^^ x2 plus nobody comes to my house. I meet them somewhere close to the house but in public. We set a time. I tell them I'll be there for 30 minutes. If they no show, they're ignored forever.

thats good policy. i used to always stick to that but have gotten a little lazy. i should be better about it in the future.

IronBear
02-16-2015, 02:37 PM
I agree with both ScooterTrash and jb2wheels 100%

big specht
02-16-2015, 02:56 PM
We try to do that on all the little stuff we sell only when we are selling a truck or something like that do they get to come to the house. Too many whack jobs out there!

ironchop
02-16-2015, 03:36 PM
Ill go one step further and say this...there's just alot more shadyness goin on everywhere these days by alot of people. Nobody places any significance on a man's word or a gentleman's agreement. Integrity isnt important I guess. Damn shame if you ask me.

OKSTATE#1
02-27-2015, 11:19 AM
The guy calling all the time on items for sale and never going through with a deal...I call that Erectile Dysfunction of the wallet.

Someone sports wood over your item and talks it up....then when it comes to nut cuttin time....nothing. I could go on and on about the degradation of integrity in society as a whole....but it just ends up being a redundant diatribe by me after awhile....everyone has made great points in this thread.

People just suck more now lol.

kaymo
02-27-2015, 12:09 PM
i think i would be asking him how his lack of transportation and ability to keep to scheduling should be cause for punishment by such an esteemed "triker" and why someone as old as he is would act so childishly for not getting his way...

onformula1
02-27-2015, 04:36 PM
If he is a big trike guy why does he not have a truck or trailer?

Don't think another minute about this dope

83ATC185
02-27-2015, 05:21 PM
The last trike i bought i had no phone of my own and a LOT of family stuff going on as well as it was my girlfriends birthday(she was overjoyed with yet another trike purchase), and i still managed to borrow a truck and drive the 3 hours to get this thing and be back by lunch. It was as simple as two phone calls and a drive.

I have never sold anything on craigslist and wont bother trying. I do have stuff listed on the local Facebook for sale pages though. Much simpler dealing with a no show if we meet at the local walmarts, cause i was probably needing to go to walmart anyway.

Kismet
02-27-2015, 09:59 PM
Uh...no one can banish any one in this world of ours. If trikefist east thinks he can, he's delusional.