PDA

View Full Version : 225 dsr clutch problems?

jolson185
02-20-2015, 05:18 PM
Okay. Took it out for a spin. Shifted fine for about 20 mins. Shut it off for 5 mins. Got back on and it will not shift out of first. Hard to get it into neutral. Hard to ge back into first. I noticed the clutch adjustment is all the way increased. Backed it out a little. No difference. Is this a worn clutch or more serious? It doesnt ever grind. Just fells like nothing is there.

jolson185
02-21-2015, 03:12 PM
Decided to just swap bottom ends with my other dx. Swap reverse unit, piston, cylinder and head. Too much of a hassle to split the case.

muthey
02-21-2015, 08:07 PM
did you check out the clutches? might be as simple as something stuck which is just removing the side cover, more so than something with the transmission. sounds like your driven clutches, also did you check the shift lever as much as it pains me to say it because I love my yammis, yamaha did make a much inferior shift lever to honda in that time period, you can swap it out with one off of a 185s or a 200s fairly easy and you will be very satisfied.

jolson185
02-21-2015, 09:55 PM
Didn't check the clutches. The shift lever is welded on, and the clutch adjustment was way out of wack. I've already swapped bottom ends. Just gonna swap everything else.

muthey
02-22-2015, 12:54 AM
ok I see your reasoning for the swap if you can safely grind the weld off of the shifter you might be able to save the shift lever and have the bottom end as spare parts.