PDA

View Full Version : Well, I think I've found the problem.....

Scootertrash
03-06-2015, 08:53 PM
When your enemy likes you so much that they will SUPPORT you? That's a problem. The only problem with that problem is it's OUR problem.

Dems vow to protect Boehner from conservative coup

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/234766-dems-would-back-boehner-in-coup-attempt

Tea Party Republicans contemplating a bid to oust Rep. John Boehner (R-Ohio) shouldn't count on Democrats to help them unseat the Speaker.

And without their support, there is no chance to topple Boehner in this Congress.

A number of right-wing Republicans, long wary of Boehner's commitment to GOP efforts attacking President Obama's policy priorities, have openly considered a coup in an attempt to transfer the gavel into more conservative hands.

But Democrats from across an ideological spectrum say they'd rather see Boehner remain atop the House than replace him with a more conservative Speaker who would almost certainly be less willing to reach across the aisle in search of compromise. Replacing him with a Tea Party Speaker, they say, would only bring the legislative process — already limping along — to a screeching halt.

“I'd probably vote for Boehner [because] who the hell is going to replace him? [Ted] Yoho?” Rep. Bill Pascrell (D-N.J.) said Wednesday, referencing the Florida Tea Party Republican who’s fought Boehner on a host of bipartisan compromise bills.

“In terms of the institution, I would rather have John Boehner as the Speaker than some of these characters who came here thinking that they're going to change the world,” Pascrell added.

Liberal Rep. Raúl Grijalva (D-Ariz.) agreed that, for Democrats, replacing Boehner could lead to a worse situation.

“Then we would get Scalise or somebody? Geez, come on,” said Grijalva, who referenced House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.). “We can be suicidal but not stupid.”

Boehner, who has grappled with dissent from the Tea Party wing since he took the Speaker's gavel in 2011, has seen opposition to his reign grow this year, even as he commands the largest GOP majority since the Hoover administration.

That’s led to talk of a new coup, something that is more difficult to pull off after the election of a Speaker on each Congress’s first day of business.

Any lawmaker can file a motion to “vacate” a sitting Speaker, a move that would force a vote of the full House. The effort would almost certainly fail, as the conservatives would need the overwhelming support of Democrats to win a majority. But it would be an embarrassing setback to Boehner and his leadership team, who entered the year hoping their commanding new majority would alleviate some of the whipping problems that had plagued them in the past.

The new push back against Boehner began in the earliest stages of the new Congress when 25 conservatives voted in January to strip him of the Speaker's gavel.

Dirtcrasher
03-06-2015, 11:06 PM
Boehner is a Boner. He cries and snivels and says stupid sh!t...........

sledcrazyinCT
03-07-2015, 12:12 AM
Dems vow to protect Boehner from conservative coup
Like the article suggests they should do it anyway. Rattle his cage he needs to wake up

RIDE-RED 250r
03-07-2015, 06:46 PM
Speaks volumes, doesn't it.....

fabiodriven
03-07-2015, 08:18 PM
I don't understand any of that.

I second the vote for Jesse Ventura. I've heard him on Stern multiple times, read his book, and watched his TV series. The man is fantastic. I'd vote for Stern if he ran for anything, but Ventura I'd gladly follow.