PDA

View Full Version : Old Trike RearAxle

Trike_Munch_333
03-08-2015, 04:18 PM
Have a trike from the 80's era, not sure if it is a Honda. It is totally wrecked, but need help dismantling the rear axle. Any info is helpful. Thank you

NateN34
03-09-2015, 03:53 AM
What are you specifically having issues with on it?

Basically just remove the two jam nuts on the right side, by the brake drum. Remove the brake drum and from there your axle will slide out of the bearing carrier. The sprocket mount will not come off the axle.

86125m
03-09-2015, 02:51 PM
That is a rear axle off of an early model honda atc 200.

Big G
03-09-2015, 05:22 PM
Axle should remove from carrier as described by Trike Munch. Only reason it won't is if it's been sitting for a long time, and the axle has rusted solid to the bearings. I'm currently dealing with this issue. I've been pounding on the axle till the cows came home to get it to slide out, but it won't give. I'm gonna take mine to a machine shop to get it pressed out.

Trike_Munch_333
03-09-2015, 07:45 PM
Like Big G said, its been sittin outside for god knows how long and it wont budge. Were been working on taking off the two jam nuts, but havent made any progress. We shot some WD 40 in there and let it sit, heated it up,and just tried to use some elbow grease. Anyway, any other methods i could try? Thanks for the info