PDA

View Full Version : Glad to be a Member, Very happy with my recent purchase

JustinD
03-12-2015, 08:02 AM
Hello my name is Justin, I bought my self a 85 Honda ATC 125M couple weeks ago. The condition of this trike is by far the best I have ever seen, The plastics are almost in perfect condition other than some scratching. The fork has a little rust but nothing serious and the engine is in great condition, will crank cold with two pulls (choked of course) and all it needed was a battery, brakes, brake cable, oil change, fuel filter cleaning, and spark plug (the basics for old rides like this). It only costed me a total of $500(parts & trike). If I missed something that I should fix or look at then please let me know, I am glad to be a member of this forum and looking forward to getting to know everyone and talking with you.

P.S. I will upload pics later on as it is 8am and the trike has been taken apart so I can put the brakes on

P.S.S. I don't need brakes my self cause I know how to drive and I know how to down shift properly, but I have people who have never driven with gears and I almost had a heart attack when they were flooring the gas entire time they were shifting and then tried down shifting way to fast and almost wrecked (guy is older than me and can't drive gears worth a crap :crazy:) I asked him before hand if he knew how to slow down by down shifting and he was like yeah, yeah, Lets just say he will not be riding anytime soon

P.S.S.S. I forgot to mention one more thing, When I bought it, it came with the original owners manual and RECEIPT, I am not sure if having the original manual and receipt adds to the value, either way its awesome :D

bigredder
03-12-2015, 09:42 AM
Welcome to the site! Nice buy! Hope it does you well (of course being a Honda ATC it will). And the receipt and original owners manual should add value in my opinion, it's just really cool to have that come with a trike like that.

JustinD
03-12-2015, 11:07 AM

I think i'm going to need a new pulse generator wire pretty soon, somebody rigged this one lol

So what do you think of my first trike :D

bigredder
03-12-2015, 03:30 PM
Lol, I have had many three wheelers, and I can tell you one thing. There has been a lot of riggin' wires lol. Again, fantastic buy!

JustinD
03-12-2015, 05:44 PM
I'm very OCD when it comes to it being done right, I couldn't stand having to rig it up. If I needed to make it back home then I would rig it up temporary and then wait on the parts to fix it lol. Question though, Were do I get a pulse generator wire? I googled it and nothing came up for the the trike im using

bigredder
03-13-2015, 10:07 AM
I couldn't find anything either. Maybe you will have to get a parts wheeler and get a whole pulse generator. Otherwise, just keep looking for one. I couldn't find an OEM or aftermarket pulse generator online either so might be a little challenge. I will keep my eyes peeled for you.

JustinD
03-13-2015, 02:07 PM
Thanks, that is a little odd that nowhere has one not even websites that sell stuff for older vehicles, there is a 125m engine on craigslist for $190 but I don't have $200 bucks, I bet I could get him down some