PDA

View Full Version : Long time lurker, first post

chasemanmusic
03-14-2015, 12:47 PM
Hey Guys,

Been lurking this site for great ATC knowledge for a long time. Just got back into a 200x resto project i started like 10years ago and never finished. So im starting now with a powdercoated frame, extended swingarm, triples, and forks. The chassis is partly assembled, triple is in w new neck bearings, swingarm and rebuild shock are in w, and forks attached. So close to a roller.

Starting w the motor. Picking up a used 200s jug (mine is rusted and pitted), 200s head and cam cover w compression release. These should be compatible based on some of the research ive done, correct? Then going to grab an x cam and 10.25:1 piston kit. That all sound legit? And put the motor together. The bottom end looks like it was stored properly. The crank/rod area was covered. You dont think i need to crack the case open, do ya?

From there, ill get the chasis rolling. Need rear rims and tires and cant find my rear axle....:mad:

Then piecemeal it back together. I have most of the other stuff from it in boxes.

BTW i also have 2 other 185s' which are fully operational.

Would love to get a liquid cooled R someday.

Also- Where are the classifieds? Cant find them anywhere and im trying to move some parts to finance the rest of this build. Have a bunch of first gen R parts and some other misc stuff people on here might be interested in.

Thanks for having me!
Chase

ebaccm26
03-15-2015, 12:31 AM
Sounds like a great project!

In order to gain access to the classifieds you will need to reach 10 posts.