PDA

View Full Version : Pescatarianism/vegitarianism

fabiodriven
03-14-2015, 05:28 PM
For an opening statement let me say that I in no way intend to influence anyone on my current choice of lifestyle. If this isn't for you that's fine.

Doug had asked me, and I get a lot of questions in my personal life, about my recent choice to become a pescatarian. For those who don't know, a pescatarian is a person whose diet includes fish as the only meat. I still eat dairy and fish, just no other meats. The only milk I buy is almond milk and I only use earth balance butter. Not sure what it's made of but it's actually better than regular butter and I'm guessing not as bad for you.

Why am I doing this? Well aside from the vast array of health benefits, this choice just felt natural to me. I was halfway there anyways with my past two long term girlfriends being a vegetarian and a pescatarian, respectively. For years when I went out to eat I'd be bummed if the restaurant was out of prime rib, so I'd order a filet or a sirloin. Sometimes when I made dinner at home I would make two steaks. I loved my hand made beef burger patties, the thicker the better, but over time my cravings began to change. For the last few years I would almost always order a fish dish when out to eat, and not to appease my woman at the time, but rather because that's what I wanted. I happen to be a very good cook and started making more fish, vegetables, and pasta type dishes at home. At that time I did have to be conscious of what she wanted to eat as well, but I was perfectly happy eating pescatarian dishes with her. So that's kind of how things started. Also, a lot of meats just started to gross me out. Greasy sausages, cured meats, fatty hams, etc... Since I was a kid I'd always get grossed out by fatty meats and would prefer a "good" cut, but I was growing to dislike more and more meats as a whole. My roommate eats like a fawking kindergartner picked out his meals. He turns his nose up at just about anything. Won't eat cheese (except on pizza), doesn't like popcorn, coffee, and it goes on and on and on. Reminds me of me when I was 7. He "cooked dinner" for us once back in the fall. I was sitting in the living room and he brought a plate in to me, very nice of him, and stacked on that plate was a pile of greasy, stinky kielbasa that he had fried up on the stove with nothing else. It was a pile of ground shite basically. We all know what's in a sausage, but we choose not to think about that while we eat it. I dare ya to eat a sausage while watching a video of how sausage is produced. I can't not think about that. Out of courtesy for his effort I started carving away and eating pieces of the grossness. It wasn't very long at all before I had my fill. He chalked it up to me being a skinny dude that doesn't eat much but the truth is I was just grossed out. That was when I really first started considering changing my diet drastically.

A few months went by and I still ate fairly well at home for the most part, however eating well and cooking at home takes time and it takes money, something I sometimes have more of than other times. If I'm working 14 hours a day driving a truck then it's easy to get a steak egg and cheese bagel in the morning, a couple of McDonald's cheeseburgers for lunch, and then come home and have a chicken bacon ranch pizza for dinner, all topped off with copious amounts of cigarettes. As time went by, I felt shittty a good portion of the time. I'd wake up in the morning to bad thoughts and phlegm, not so much looking forward to the day. I felt tired all the time and coughed a lot, particularly when I'd laugh, and just felt really shittty all around. Quite honestly, that's how most people feel these days. That's how we're supposed to feel according to the powers that be, they just don't tell you that. Feel shittty? There's a pill for that! Feel tired? There's a pill for that! Anxious? Depressed? Pills! Legs hurt? Head hurt? Hot? Cold? Bored? Pills! Pills! Pills! The problem with that is the pills are very addictive and very bad for you and almost always cause more problems then they solve, but no worries, there's a pill for that! See how the cycle works?

I decided to stop smoking one day and doubt me if you choose, but that is a chapter of my life that is closed. I felt better for a while, but was still waking up in the morning feeling down and dragging my arse through the day. Well what I came to figure is that maybe, just maybe, all the genetically modified meats and processed foods I was putting in were having an effect on me. It's so simple to see, yet we are all so blind to it. We're bred like cattle from the time we're born to think all of these things are OK for you, they're not. Plain and simple. Test tube "chickens" might as well not have a head with a brain in it, it's pretty much chemically raised meat. Sick and gross "cattle" and livestock that lead such a meaningless existence and are pumped full of so much shite it's just disgusting. Huge amounts of salt, sugar, and chemicals, no wonder so many people in this country are so sick and stupid all the time. Just look around you. I've had the pleasure of traveling to other countries and seen what people who treat themselves right look like. Next time you go out look at how fat, pale, and bald everyone is. Look at what everyone eats and think about where it comes from. Look at the pills everyone is ingesting. It's a shame people are too dumb to think for themselves anymore because it's so simple to see. Try putting some 87 octane in your high compression race engine, how do you think it's going to run? Why would anyone think the human machine is any different?

So I'm sure plenty of people have snickered at me thus far, all are free to. Honestly I've been very surprised at how many people laugh at me and make fun of me for this, but that's great. I welcome it. It just shows me how right I am as I've not one iota of a desire to be like the sheeple. It is confirmation to me that I am indeed doing the right thing, not that I need anyone else's approval. I am amazed at even my most sensitive friends reaction laughing and making fun of me, even after they already know, and I am perplexed as to what it is that's so funny. My roommate cringes at the awesome dishes I make (again, bolstering my confidence I'm on the right path) and goes "Oh my god that's disgusting" like a fawking child. I was talking about Taco Bell the other day with my buddy and said "There are some things I'll miss there" (not much really), and he started dying laughing at me. I had no idea what he was laughing at so I sat there looking at him trying to figure out what it was that was so funny. I think he felt bad (no need) and he started really trying to think of things that I could eat there and naming them off, as if he were helping me. I don't need to be patronized, I don't need the help of people who eat shite, and I'm not doing this because I have to. So laugh if you will. Laugh at someone who is going to live a much longer, happier, healthier life than yourself and have much more energy and brain function than yourself. Laugh it right the fawk up guys! I felt myself getting sick a week ago Sunday night around midnight. I got out of bed and took an Airborne and went back to bed. I got up the next morning at 4 and went to work. I could feel the sickness attempting to impose itself on my body that morning, so I guzzled OJ all morning and took Airborne after Airborne. Tons of OJ and tons of Airborne for about two days and I wiped it out before it could take hold. My buddy actually had to cancel coming out that weekend as there was a bug around and it was my turn to feel it. I said no way and fought it off myself naturally with OJ, Airborne, and green drink. Why treat the symptoms when you can treat the cause? That's how most drugs work by the way, they treat the symptoms. They'd prefer to keep us sick and treating our sickness.

Which brings me to green drink. What is this? Basically you take raw fruits and vegetables and put them in your blender. Viola! Green drink. I don't know of any rules for what to put in your drink but obviously you want it to be healthy and taste good. I drink them every day multiple times daily. The drink I just built right before I started this thread consisted of strawberries, kale, spinach, broccoli, lemon squeeze, native honey, apple, pineapple, carrots, and cucumber. Personally I think it tastes great and obviously you couldn't ingest anything more healthy for you. I just started with the green drinks last week. For a long time I was buying store bought smoothies from Odwalla, Bolthouse Farms, and Naked, just to name a few. I did some research and those are all garbage, they're no good, so I started making my own.

Whole wheat pasta with Italian squash, basil, plum tomatoes, peppers, and fresh mozzarella.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/IMAG1133_zpsreiqjdei.jpg (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/fabiodriven/media/IMAG1133_zpsreiqjdei.jpg.html)

Tacos made with "Morningstar Farms" fake meat crumbles. Not sure what the stuff is but it is plant based. It makes excellent tacos, I've actually eaten this for years every time I have tacos due to my ex. The last time my roommate made tacos he forgot to strain the meat so it was like we were eating cow juice sloppy Joe tacos. It was gross. These tacos will make you fart like an absolute animal and you better be ready to do some serious crapping the next day, but that's more for those who aren't used to having a good diet. Most people's bodies are used to ingesting shite and therefor have adapted to it.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/IMAG1330_zpsklhhrqtz.jpg (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/fabiodriven/media/IMAG1330_zpsklhhrqtz.jpg.html)

Goat cheese, spinach, fresh mozzarella, and tomato pizza.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/IMAG1268_zpsd1hw9fsv.jpg (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/fabiodriven/media/IMAG1268_zpsd1hw9fsv.jpg.html)

Cod with a spritz of lemon and topped with fresh salsa (not the garbage from the chip aisle, real salsa). Couscous with spinach and a bag of steamfresh veggies (that's cheating but it was after work).

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/IMAG1329_zpshe5l7ep3.jpg (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/fabiodriven/media/IMAG1329_zpshe5l7ep3.jpg.html)

Tilapia, again with a spritz of lemon, and fresh salsa. Fresh asparagus cooked on a frying pan with Parmesan cheese. Couscous again as well.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/IMAG1265_zps43cek0tp.jpg (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/fabiodriven/media/IMAG1265_zps43cek0tp.jpg.html)

The following is everything that went into my green drink except for the honey.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/IMAG13421_zps76vxyfwn.jpg (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/fabiodriven/media/IMAG13421_zps76vxyfwn.jpg.html)

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/IMAG1343_zpsm1bvfa2g.jpg (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/fabiodriven/media/IMAG1343_zpsm1bvfa2g.jpg.html)

This is something I've taken to work multiple times. Being a truck driver can make finding good foods a challenge, so I tend to bring food with me most days. This is a Caprice sandwich. It's a scali roll, fresh mozzarella, basil, and tomato. That's sitting on the passenger's seat of a KW dump truck, haha.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/IMAG1318_zps6bfwc8zz.jpg (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/fabiodriven/media/IMAG1318_zps6bfwc8zz.jpg.html)

So I've quit smoking, eat great, and I also have been going to the gym about 6 days a week for about a month now. I feel absolutely fantastic and I don't know about you all, but I'd prefer to have as much time on this planet feeling that way as possible. I look at people now, I'm not here to judge though, but people are just falling apart. They think that's just how it is or that's how it's gonna be. Well they are right if that's their choice. I see so many fat alcoholics all hepped up on goofballs, chowing pills and garbage food and complaining about how awful things are and "woe is me", shut the fawk up already. Make changes or don't expect things to change. Expecting things to change without making changes is the definition of insanity.

Unplug if you'd like, disconnect from the machine and see what life is really like. Or don't if you choose.

plastikosmd
03-14-2015, 06:07 PM
Thx for this. I could stand to make a few motivational changes myself. Very inspiring.

hoosierlogger
03-14-2015, 08:03 PM
John, do you have one of those tail gator blenders that are powered by a small 2 stroke engine? That would be handy at trikefest. I'll try that green drink. I'm not afraid of it.

atc007
03-14-2015, 10:06 PM
I swear to God we must have been separated at birth Fab. Whew,where do I start. 1st off, I eat like crap,and the unfortunate part is I feel fantastic. HOWEVER.I KNOW changes are due. I have a Dr friend who makes a living,running his own practice. 100% PREVENTION. He doesn't necessarily treat the sick. He treats to prevent. With exactly the ideas you have incorporated. He makes a very lucrative living with his practice,and does NOT accept insurance. Think about that one boys and girls. Land of the sheeple, run by big oil and insurance companies. And he is making it all on his own on cash.

I had stumbled on the movie Fat,sick and nearly dead,, I can't find a link to watching it free right now. But here's #2,which I haven't seen yet..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO6anzU8a-E

Anyhoo, My Wife and I decided to jump in. I was gonna go full in, her juice for breakfast and lunch,healthy supper. So,,, my teenage Son at the time, thought it would be cool to make my first shake... The froth grossed me out beyond animal fat to you Fab.. Does to this day..Anyhow,, I have never smoked or drank in my life.. The withdrawl from coming off "american garbage" kicked my ass. I had agreed to cut a bunch of trees for a neighbor. Steep hills,10-12 foot briers,so I did have coveralls on on a hot August day. I could barely carry the damn saw back up the hill to the truck that day. In TWO weeks, My Wifes Mommy tummy was flat. 2 weeks! That lasted a couple months, then she went on a Disney cruise where there was a free soft ice cream bar at every corner of the ship.. Obviously with her,it was mostly swelling,, The veggies knock down the swelling in everything in our bodies. Bottom line. I don't have to tell you. You're doing all the right things. I can't IMAGINE what an animal you must feel like now,and it will continue to get even better. I hope I can get off my ass and dive into something like this sooner than later.. HUGE props to you for changing up your life bud.

hoosierlogger
03-14-2015, 11:01 PM
Fat, sick, and nearly dead 1 and 2 are both on netflix

fabiodriven
03-14-2015, 11:56 PM
It's so funny how we have to incorporate Trikefest into every choice we make in life Greg, haha. I was already thinking about a 12 volt blender for Trikefest. I'm not positive what I'll have available past mid week or so, but if I have any green drink around you're welcome to try buddy! :beer

hoosierlogger
03-15-2015, 07:55 AM
I'll bet a 12V blender would be pretty anemic. Bring your regular one and plug it into someone's generator.

RIDE-RED 250r
03-15-2015, 08:34 AM
Nothing wrong with or funny about making good changes in your life John. Looks to me that it's a positive thing in more ways than 1.

I'm like you, I'm picky as hell about fat on meat. In recent years I have grown to almost hate chicken and most pork. I like seafood and beef. And when I get a steak, my wife picks on me about the time I spend trimming the fat off it. One of the things I love about deer meat! I go out and get it myself, and it's very lean.. Love it! Not sure if you tried my venison and mushrooms in gravy at Bryan's or not, but the pot was wiped clean when we left. :)

With the recent medical goings-on for me, I have had my share of bloodwork done. Checking general stuff along with specific stuff, Doc said my "bad" cholesterol is a little bit high and recommended a small reduction of my red meat intake. Otherwise everything is good to go. I mention this because it seems that I am due to make some changes as well.

No poking of fun here man! :)

dickieg89
03-15-2015, 10:40 AM
Nice work Fabio. I'm down to 1 vice myself.

atc007
03-15-2015, 12:40 PM
Nice work Fabio. I'm down to 1 vice myself.

Just so I am clear,,,3 wheelers ARE a vice right?? Or is it just me :)

ironchop
03-16-2015, 12:14 PM
I AM SO GLAD TO HEAR I AM NOT THE ONLY GUY HERE WHO ABSOUTELY HATES FAT ON MEAT! CAN NOT STAND IT!

My wife gets SO MAD watching me do what RIDE RED says he does....spend the first twenty of every meal with porkchops or steak/ beef cuts trimming off a crapton of friggin fat!

When we go out for a date night, she always orders steak and has been getting perturbed because she doesn`t get why I always order Salmon anymore. I totally love seafood but prefer Elk, Bison, or Venison to any Beef EVER.....so much more flavor and so much less fat. Hard to find a restaurant that serves any of those aforementioned meats. I get all those and Gator meat from a local meat market (gator is good!)

I grew up on a dairy/beef farm and I can tell you that the fat content of beef has risen dramatically over the last thirty years and possibly longer. We always grass-fed and then they went straight to the processor to get butchered. Nowadays, after a steer/cow hits about a year and a half they sell them off to feed lots where these cattle are STUFFED with as much corn as they can handle so that they fatten up......corn.......to fatten them up......Fact #2: inconveniently, corn is TOXIC to cattle in high doses. Eating too much corn gives them a condition called acidosis which makes them weak, loss of coordination, diarrhea, dehydration and eventually liver, lung, and heart failure followed by death. Remember the Humane Society tv commercial video of the guy pushing a bloated cow into the feedlot with a forklift because it couldn't walk on its own? That`s what acidosis looks like. The reason they keep up this practice is that corn fattens mammals faster and moreso than any other grain. Beef is purchased by weight and it doesn't matter if half that weight is worthless fat. The seller is long gone before the carcass gets cut open to reveal the ugly truth.......in short, buy natural meats like Bison, elk, or venison or buy GRASS FED beef (much better meat) if you are deadsest on eating red meat.....as for pork I`m sure its the same thing. We fed our hogs stale donuts we got from the Sap`s donut factory for five bucks a truckload so they were just as full of crap as our cattle were.

Grains that quickly ferment lowers the pH (makes it more acidic) in your digestive tract, messes with your natural bacteria, and cause numerous problems which has been extensively studied and proven. Corn is probably the worst. NOW.....where this little fact also concerns humans who don`t eat meat is that nearly EVERYTHING sweet in this country is sweetened with either chemicals like saccharin, stevia, etc OR by using high-fructose corn syrup. The very same corn shoved into cattle is boiled down into fructose (a sugar) form and then fed to humans as well with very similar results. This is the real reason soda and soft drinks are very bad for you in quantity and not so much due to caffeine. There is high-fructose corn syrup in nearly every processed food these days. High fructose corn syrup has also been linked to cancer in many studies which were subsequently swept under the rug. America turns more of their corn into syrup for processed foods than is used to feed cattle or make ethanol put together. There`s a great documentary on this subject but I don`t recall the title. Besides the cancer connection, corn syrup also poisons the liver because apparently you body can process real cane sugar way better than it`s corn-based cousin and corn syrup cause has been linked to liver disorders as well.

The irony is this.....how many times have you been down to the local market to see "grain-fed beef" or "grain-fed black angus"? The sad part is that its advertising that it`s poisonous while the general public is so completely unaware of what they are eating that they purchase this stuff anyway like it was extra special Kobe beef. Kinda like selling you some tooth paste fortified with Lead. BTW......Angus, Hereford, whatever. You can put an Angus steak next to a Hereford steak and I guarantee you can`t see or taste the difference (at least I can`t) but you are being fooled by the Angus Beef Lobby (yeah there is such a thing)

High fructose corn syrup has also been linked to obesity and diabetes and its possibly the worst additive you can consume in food legally.

We have all got to be more aware of what we consume. The wife and I try to never buy our veggies at a chain store. We roast most of our fresh veggies and can some others but I prefer roasted to anything else.....especially roasted asparagus, purple potatoes, and brussel sprouts. We also try to buy only "heirloom varieties" from local farm markets because if you knew how much Roundup was all over your tomatoes and broccoli even after washing, you would never eat them again. If you don`t know what a GMO is well its a seed that was developed so that it can be absolutely DOUSED with Roundup herbicide and NOT DIE. Why would anyone want to eat something Roundup can`t even kill? If you`ve used Roundup to handle weeds in the driveway or those pesky dandelions then you know Roundup can kill ANY plant in under twelve hours. Why would you think it`s safe for humans to consume this stuff? Just rremember the same company who developed Roundup also developed classic "safe" chemicals like Agent Orange among many other poisons which are now considered very dangerous to humans.

I could also explain how we used Ralgro (a growth hormone for cattle) implants. It operates a lot like your wife`s Norplant where you implant a stack of time-release pellets under the skin of a cow`s ear and it`s supposed to last for 3-5 years and time-release growth hormone. Problem is most cattle hit the slaughterhouse with 3 years so you are alos getting latent doses of growth hormone..........now that sounds like no big deal until you read the Ralgro package......especially the part where it says for you to wear gloves handling the reload disks when reloading the gun and to "never let Ralgro pellets touch your skin. Rinse immediately and consult a physician of you come into contact with Ralgro products in any way".....after reading this, why would anyone want to eat beef that has been given growth hormones? Everyone. Because nobody knows what`s in their supermarket beef anymore. BTW, we stopped using Ralgro in the late eighties as it was reported even then to be linked to all sorts of human maladies....I won`t mention the antibiotics we administered to cattle wether they needed it or not.

The Flavoring market is even worse.....just an example....cinnamon and vanilla flavors are almost never made from real cinnamon bark or vanilla beans. Just a bunch of chemicals added together and tasted to see if it "resembles" the real thing. I was privy to the goins-on of the largest flavoring maker in the country. You would be pissed if you knew that your favorite Ben and Jerry`s is flavored by the equivalent of a highschool chemistry set experiment and NOT by natural extracts or oils like you are led to believe.

SO.....Roundup, Growth Hormones, GMO seeds (which have been proven to have little to no nutritional value compared to heirloom varieties), High fructose corn syrup, or "grain fed beef".......sounds to me like most processed food is too dangerous to mess with so we try and stick with local farmer market stuff and I have a local butcher out here in the sticks a mile away.

I encourage anyone to look into the kinds of poisons in your foods and don`t be fooled by labels claiming to be "healthy choice". Do your homework. It isn`t easy either. Actually, it`s really overwhelming at first and you might even feel like I do where you don`t trust anything from the grocery store. We don`t eat completely right but we are moving in that direction at least.....If you don`t believe a word I said, just try this one easy experiment. Go buy a tomatoe from your local big name grocer chain. Then stop in a farm market and ask for an "heirloom or non-GMO" tomato....go home and make two BLTs. One with each kind of tomato. Eat `em both. You can`t help but notice the heirloom tomato has a much richer favor than the gmo tomato. After this, I`m sure you won`t want another GMO tomato ever again.

Thanks for the post, John

83ATC185
03-16-2015, 01:14 PM
This a great thread i am just starting to really think about what I've done to my body all this time by eating junk and fast food. It's really astounding the lengths corporate America will go to just to make a buck and keep us a slave to their system. It makes me want away from all this, to live a self sustaining lifestyle, free from debt and the worries that the world wants us to take on. I'm a long way away from where i need to be as far as healthy eating but I've put away the fast food and now have the mindset that i don't want it because it will make me feel bad. And that's enough of a start for me. I don't feel I'm ready to drink the green shakes just yet, but i feel like just doing little stuff to improve what you eat like growing your vegetables and killing your own meat when you can(got a baby hog in the freezer that I know is going to be excellent)will improve how you feel and your overall health tenfold. And reading this is just inspiration to me to help me get where i need to be.

That said, summers almost here then its tomato sandwich time:naughty:

fabiodriven
03-16-2015, 02:24 PM
That is some excellent information Doug and I can't thank you enough for the contribution to this thread. From what I've learned all of what you say seems dead on, although I do take issue with Ben & Jerry's using fake vanilla. I'm not saying it's impossible but knowing what I do of that particular company I would be highly surprised to find out they do.

I've already been thinking about how great it's going to be when I can go back to the local farm stands again. I can't wait for that. There are quite a few not far from my house at all and I much prefer to buy as much as I can from those places. For the time being it's chemically laced chain store veggies unfortunately, but I'm fortunate there is such food available at all times, even in the dead of winter.

hoosierlogger
03-16-2015, 07:13 PM
John, you can grow your own veggies for the entire season for just about what you would spend on them for a week or two at the store. Plus you will know EXACTLY what goes in or on them. Wife and I put up almost 20 pounds of green beans, 400 pounds of various tomato items (salsa, pasta sauce, juice, chili base, diced tomatoes), a little okra, our own sauerkraut, broccoli, and some carrots. We are still eating on some of it now. We spend about $80 a year on the garden. Money well spent.

Bren_downe
03-16-2015, 07:43 PM
This thread is great!
Me and the Mrs have been on this path for a while. Ever since she got pregnant with our son we started looking at things differently. It started with vaccines and continued in to food.
Here's a few things I'd like to add;
Fabio, I've found the best way to stave off sickness is Raw Un-pasteurized Apple cider vinegar. When I feel a tickle in the throat I take about three shots a day. Right down the gullet. It clears you up real good!

ProBiotics; remember how every time you got sick and went to the doctors they'd hand you a script for antibiotics? All that does is destroy your gut flora. What is gut flora? Gut flora is all the good bacteria that lives in your stomached and intestines. It helps you digest your food and fight of bad bacteria and disease. You can replenish your guy flora by eating fermented food and drinking kefir. We make our own water kefir and it's really easy. We also ferment some sauerkraut and buy fermented pickles.

Soaking and sprouting; let's think about seeds in the wild. Some happy deer eats and apple… later that Apple is digested and deposited somewhere else where the seed plants and grows a new true. Nature is a perfect machine. That seed wasn't digested because it has a photic acid. A protective layer that prevent the stomach acid from breaking it down. So when you eat nuts, seeds and legumes that aren't soaked, you not only lose out on all the health benefits but that physical acid is causing your gut to work hard for nothing and you can actually end up deprived of nutrients. The simple soulution is to soak your beans in water and some times apple cider vinegar. Each one is a little different so do your own research.

CSA; community supported agriculture. This is a small farm usually organic where you can buy a "share". We've been doing this for 3 years now and it's been great. Our farm offers a spring, summer and fall share. You pay a certain amount and they give you a bag of fresh veggies for the week. We've had a tough time keeping up with our ow. Garden so this has been awesome. It usually boils down to about $18 a week and we get a wide variety of stuff. Fresh greens, taters, carrots and even stuf I never would have tried before like husk cherries and kohlrabi. If you ever get the chance to try a husk cherrie I strongly recommend it. They look like a tiny tomatillo but are super sweet.
No laughing here Fabio, thanks for starting this thread.

fabiodriven
03-16-2015, 09:18 PM
Yup, we're on the same page a lot of us. I plan on having a garden this year. I have plenty of yard for it, I just need to take down a couple trees. If more people raised food instead of grass this country wouldn't have nearly as many problems.

El Camexican
03-16-2015, 11:56 PM
My folks have always grown their own veggies (and enough to feed a couple other families) and saved them for winter. Two freezers, a potato bin, and a 20' long 9' high row of shelves stocked full of tomato juice, stewed tomatoes, canned fish, pickles, crab apples, beets, carrot jam and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember.

Dad would buy a 1/2 of pork and mix it with the venison to make hamburger. All the rest of the freezers were full of elk, moose, fish, goose, duck, prairie chicken and veggies. When hunting was lean he'd buy steer that was pasture raised at a friends. I didn't eat store bought beef till I was about 10 or 12 and had my first Rotten Ronnie cheeseburger.

When I moved out at 18 I weighed 165, stood 5'-10" and had a 28" waist. Didn't take long on the store bought goods to hit 180 and move into 32" jeans. Fast forward to today and I eat like crap, wear a 36" and weigh 210 last I checked. I'd love to lose some pounds, but it's getting harder every year.

One thing I won't willingly eat is store bough fish, or fish in a restaurant. Canned tuna and salmon only. The commercial processing is as gross as beef if not worse.

I need to shake 20# ASAP, maybe posting this will motivate me.

MRSOUND
03-17-2015, 09:37 AM
Ok...I'll be "that" guy. lol I don't know if it is coincidence or not that I'm sitting here at work on break eating beef sticks (I made) while reading this thread. Some may remember from other threads that our family butchers every year and my freezer is now full of beef & pork, so my take on this subject is quite opposite of most who have commented. I'm all about my "meat & tators" meals. It is quite evident by my growing waistline. I too need to make some more changes as since ceasing smoking I have replaced the habit with food. I'm choosing to go a different direction by trying to start doing more exercise and start to eliminate other "habits" like my soda intake. (Dr Pepper is my drug of choice now). By all means I'm not being critical of those who choose to make lifestyle changes through diet to better themselves, at this point it's just not for me. Actually going to play racquetball tonight which will be a start. Co-op who sits beside me brings in her "green" drinks, whole grain pasta, humus, etc, etc, etc. Looks quite unappealing to me, but I have to admit I've thus far refused to try it. I would be screwed as a Pescatarianism/vegitarianism as I don't like fish (other than shell fish) and most green veggies just get piled up on the side of my plate. I realize I probably didn't really contribute much to this thread other than an opposite and opposing opinion to ponder but I do wish you luck John with getting yourself to a state of health you desire.

ironchop
03-17-2015, 10:04 AM
I don`t like hummus either....my wife eats it like it`s going out of style but I tried it and don`t like it either MR SOUND.

as for meat, I`m not ready to give up my red meat yet either, I`m just very picky about where I get it from so I can try and avoid the growth hormones, grain fed, antibiotics, and high fat content of the red meat I do eat. I do eat a lot less red meat than I used to but I replaced that with more chicken and now I`m sick of chicken. We always ate fish as kids just as much as any other meat really. We had a huge pond that was stocked periodically with no shortage of large/smallmouth bass, channel cat, bluegill, and red ear panfish and I enjoyed cleaning fish and stocking the freezer some from the pond.

ironchop
03-17-2015, 10:09 AM
One thing I won't willingly eat is store bough fish, or fish in a restaurant. Canned tuna and salmon only. The commercial processing is as gross as beef if not worse..

Deonna has been riding my ass about store-bought fish because she says Fukushima dumped a ton of radiation in the Pacific contaminating the fish and that`s her concern. I`ll eat salmon or tuna right out of a can sometimes (saves dirty dishes haha) and she goes off....then I make fake choking noises and pretend my hair is falling out...you know....just to aggravate the situation. It`s what I do.

She probably does have a good point but I try and quash the paranoia whenever possible. Too much other real crap out there to worry about than to add some speculative anxiety to the mix.

fabiodriven
03-17-2015, 03:08 PM
My roommate had M&M cookies and Gatorade for breakfast.

ironchop
03-17-2015, 03:33 PM
My roommate had M&M cookies and Gatorade for breakfast.

and he says YOU are on drugs?

interesting

thcowboy
03-18-2015, 11:41 AM
Yeah, i live on a farm. We have three barns that we have cattle in but we keep it clean and uncrowded as possible (we could fit probably almost twice as much in there) without going out of business and still making a living. We dont pump them with all those anitbiotics and crap, unless they are sick we give them as little as possible. We feed them some corn but hay/silage are in there too.

nd4speed
03-18-2015, 01:03 PM
just came in here to find out what a peskytarian was. Great food pictures, made me hungry. Wish I ate that healthy. Too much meat is a bad thing. And Fuckashima contamination is real. Look at all the sick and dead animals washing up on the west coast shores. It's not a coincidence.

Be careful though, convincing people to be a vegetarian is illegal. Anything that takes one penny away from meat producers profits is against the law. The agriculture bills that have passed say so. lol. gotta love mind/speech control.

atctim
03-18-2015, 01:29 PM
Right on Fabio. 2 years ago - I was right where you are right now. I was eating healthy, exercising regularly, and reaping the benefits of feeling great all of the time. I slowly have slipped back to where I started from. Fat, tired, and eating junk (and finally back to the unhealthy weight I was then - from 260 to 220 and now back to 260). I need to get back on the right track. It is very hard to do so in my current environment, but that is no excuse. It is very obvious to me now that I have been there and back that all the junk we put into our bodies is not only destroying us from the inside out, but also highly addictive. I need to use my powers of will to get back on track. All it takes is determination and a "can do" attitude. Thank you for this post!

ama009
03-18-2015, 09:51 PM
Very nice post Fabio! I applaud you for making this lifestyle change as i know how hard it is as well. Especially being on the road as much as you are. I too drive a lot for work and have to prepare my meals a day ahead and even sometimes i prepare my meals on the weekend for the week ahead! It is a sacrifice few know but more than worth it! I enjoy seeing the faces of people when I walk in to a station to heat my little tupperware of food! I could not have written a better post! I have gone from smoking at 250lbs to not smoking and feeling the best i have ever felt at 195lbs. I would not change it for anything!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fabiodriven
03-19-2015, 01:12 PM
Tim, there's still time before Riverfest! You know as well as I do the initial hump is the hardest part. You get over that and you're golden buddy. Word on the street is 2015's Riverfest is the year of the mankini. If you can't pull it off, don't bother showing!

atctim
03-19-2015, 02:50 PM
I'll stick with "Daisy Duke Thursday" thank you very much. After seeing Kintore in his mankini last year, I don't know if I can bring myself to go back to Riverfest - EVER! (although I must admit, twerking in the cool river water was a blast, and I feel confident that the ladies enjoyed my twerk-abliity - I got 6 phone numbers that afternoon from 6 of the hottest ladies at TF!) What I do know is what I saw that day can't be unseen. Let me paint you a couple of pictures in your head to help relate to why this is such a terrible idea. It looked looked like Kintore was doing some kind of hybrid trolling / noodling whereas he set his bait in plain site, right down the front of his mankini, then when the fish comes in to take the bait, he could just reach in there and grab said fish. Or maybe it looked like someone up stream must have been having a wiener roast too close the river and lost a few dogs. One seemed to have lodged in the front of his mankini and I had the unfortunate luck to see it - maybe to be more fair it could have been a Vienna Sausage roast. One last scenario is that maybe, just maybe, there is some kind of male entertainers that use this tactic on the ladies for more tips. Much like cleavage, but the male version and down a bit lower that traditional cleavage. What I saw was definitely penis cleavage and I don't really care to see that ever again - EVER!

El Camexican
03-19-2015, 07:35 PM
Now I'm confused. Trikefest, Icefest, Riverfest and now its morphed into Sausagefest?:wondering I thought this was about fish???

ironchop
03-19-2015, 08:33 PM
I feel violated just from reading Tims Post.

Just above that, Fabio wrote "the initial hump is the hardest part"

I have to go bleach out my eyes...brb

fabiodriven
03-19-2015, 11:34 PM
Haha, Tim seriously thank you so much for that post man. Awesome!

Caminofeld
03-20-2015, 09:04 PM
When I moved out at 18 I weighed 165, stood 5'-10" and had a 28" waist. Didn't take long on the store bought goods to hit 180 and move into 32" jeans. Fast forward to today and I eat like crap, wear a 36" and weigh 210 last I checked. I'd love to lose some pounds, but it's getting harder every year.

Dude; 5'10", 36" waist, and 210# ain't bad at all. Those were almost my exact measurements before my accident when I was hitting the gym for at least 2 hours (including sparring) 3x per wk, doing enough manual labor around the house/property to exhaust a man to death, and working 12 hr shifts of non-stop fast-paced walking/moving heavy patients. Sure; I like my beer and don't always eat the best, but life isn't worth living if you can't find enjoyment in something.

Caminofeld
03-20-2015, 09:08 PM
I went to a DIO concert that was a sausage fest one time .......rest in peace Ronnie !

One of the best shows of my life...and only $9 for lawn seats at Merriweather Post pavilion in MD...The lineup was Maiden, Motorhead, and Dio... We missed the first band and were trying to figure out who the 2nd band was (knowing that IM was headlining). Suddenly my friend Shmitty exclaimed "It's Dio...look, there's a step stool in front of the microphone"...It was Dio and they were great. RIP

And yes, it was a total sausagefest lol...

Caminofeld
03-20-2015, 09:10 PM
BTW Fabio, great post...it's getting me really excited for my garden this year!

El Camexican
03-21-2015, 12:07 AM
Dude; 5'10", 36" waist, and 210# ain't bad at all. Those were almost my exact measurements before my accident when I was hitting the gym for at least 2 hours (including sparring) 3x per wk, doing enough manual labor around the house/property to exhaust a man to death, and working 12 hr shifts of non-stop fast-paced walking/moving heavy patients. Sure; I like my beer and don't always eat the best, but life isn't worth living if you can't find enjoyment in something.

When crotch rockets, dirt bikes and ice hockey are your hobbies its not a good shape to be. I think I have that condition where I don't feel I've eaten enough until long after I've eaten way too much. Really starting to notice it these past few months.

It doesn't help that my job involves either sitting on a chair, truck seat, or airplane about 60 hours a week and eating in restaurants constantly. If I could stay home and set a diet up for a while it would help. About a year ago I started counting calories and lost about 10 pounds in two weeks. Then I hit the road again and put it all back on.

Scootertrash
03-21-2015, 08:42 AM
Diet is only part of it. If you're not getting sufficient exercise, well...... Then as you age your metabolism slows down, from what I've heard, in your 30's. Alcohol is another big factor .

I'm 55 next month. I weighed 165ish when I graduated high school in 78, I'm about 5'10. In the summer I typically weigh in about 175 or so, in the winter when work slows down and after the holidays I hit about 185 or so. It's been as high as 190 if I was laid off and just puttering around the house for a month or 2. Once I get back to work I go back to 175ish again. Back in the summer of 94 when I met my future wife, I was running about 10-12% body fat, I was in damn good shape (Ahhhh, the good old days ;)) Wifey used to tell me I needed to put some meat on my bones :lol: I could down a large porn star special pizza by myself.

I'm a concrete construction laborer/carpenter/finisher (or Flarpenter as we call it), so I get more than my fair share of exercise. Everything from setting footing forms to carrying and setting poured wall steel pans to raking out a couple hundred yards of concrete first thing in the morning to carrying all sort of construction materials up, down, and across every imaginable type of terrain. I'm still in pretty good shape, but 30 years of this work is starting to take it's toll.

I've never been much of a McDonalds/Burger King type of guy, I like subs. Even when I would buy one of those DeliExpress sammichs I'd go for the mini sub style or Turkey breast/roast beef/ham type sammichs.My weakness was donuts and pastries. I would eat 2 on the way to work, one at coffee and one at lunch, maybe another on the way home. I cut those out last year.

Now my breakfast consists of 1 cup of milk, 1 cup of raw oatmeal, 3 large spoonfuls of Greek yogurt, a scoop of whey protein, and a combination of a variety fruits like strawberries, bananas, blueberries,or raspberries all whipped up in the blender.
Coffee break consists of 1/2 a homemade sandwich of deli style meats or tuna on wheat bread. I make one large sandwich and split it between coffee and lunch to cut down on bread. I also split a small bag of Gardettos between coffee and lunch.
I indulge in my "sin snack" on the way home: A bottle of Sunkist orange soda and a pack of Hostess cupcakes.

At home we buy 1/4 beef from a buddy who raises 3 or 4 grass fed cows for his small circle of friends. We are planning on locating a local farmer for some free range chicken and maybe some pork.

I could never survive on rabbit food. Every person is different. You have to figure out what works for you and run with it.

YTZ drew
03-21-2015, 09:03 AM
I think I have that condition where I don't feel I've eaten enough until long after I've eaten way too much..
I feel the exact same way. After years of working in jobs where I only get about 20 minutes for lunch, I have learned to inhale my food in about 5 minutes. I'll be the last one to the table and the first one done every time. I think thats a huge part of it- the body needs time to realize its had its fill, so you can feel satisfied. Now I'm trying to pay attention to it, and I purposely eat smaller portions, and I wait a bit before I eat more.

ironchop
03-21-2015, 11:12 AM
yeah work kills my diet.

between having a honor system snack pile (put yer money for the snack in a jar) and a fridge FULL of soft drinks (my sinful indulgence) PLUS all those "let`s do lunch" with salesmen, customers, and coworkers sitting down to inhale a giant plate of authentic Mexican or a half a meatloaf at home-cookin establishments around town and I have effectively had my daily allowance worth of sodium, fat, and calories just from the complimentary nachos and salsa/white cheese or appetizer plates BEFORE we get to the real food. Then I come back to work half sleepy and holding down my desk chair for the rest of the day.

Coming home and eating steamed veggies and drinking plenty of water does NOT counteract that "Burrito Extrardinario y muy malo para personas sanas"

In short, work lunch is my current Waterloo. I have to get over not wanting to be 'that guy' who brings his Tupperware containers to a business lunch.

YTZ drew
03-21-2015, 01:21 PM
I have to get over not wanting to be 'that guy' who brings his Tupperware containers to a business lunch.
I was making a conscious effort for a while to be healthier, and eat less red meat, more salads, etc. I usually bring my own lunch to work, but lately I have been so busy (BS excuse I know) that I have fallen back into the habit of eating whatever leftovers are around for lunch, and snacking on junk, rather than planning more healthy meals and snacks.

Thank you John for this thread! Its brought healthy eating back into the forefront of my mind. And I must say, those first few posts with the pictures of food looked GOOD! You've definitely got me thinking...

Dirtcrasher
03-21-2015, 01:58 PM
Lets face it, garbage food makes us feel like garbage. And beer in the daytime helps you accomplish nothing.

If I don't drink at all, trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro gets done.

If I come in and eat a bacon/chz/tomato sandwich, it tastes great!! But slows you down to near nothing. Just like having a beer......

So, it seems that eating better and waiting for later at night to have a few pops is the key. But, I can't stop eating Angus burgers, Pork or marinated chicken.

The rest I can handle.......

Scootertrash
03-21-2015, 03:48 PM
If I come in and eat a bacon/chz/tomato sandwich,

ooooohhh! That sounds good!!!

fabiodriven
03-21-2015, 04:37 PM
Steve there are a lot of things you can handle, most of which are the direct opposite of the topic of this thread. You have no business whatsoever in a thread pertaining to health until you make some serious moves.

Scootertrash
03-21-2015, 09:19 PM
I could down a large porn star special pizza by myself.

I'm surprised none of you have asked what a "porn star special" pizza is.

I tried to bait you guys and I failed. :(

Scootertrash
03-21-2015, 09:21 PM
I have to get over not wanting to be 'that guy' who brings his Tupperware containers to a business lunch.

Tupperware containers mean home cooked leftovers!! You be surprised how many people would be jealous.

El Camexican
03-21-2015, 09:48 PM

I think I know, but thinking about it made me lose my appetite. Does it involve an early Ron Jeremy flick and a topping of secret sauce?

tripledog
03-21-2015, 09:56 PM

That is because you are not a master baiter. Sorry, fabio, I couldn't resist that one.

ironchop
03-21-2015, 10:40 PM

Extra Sausage? That seems to be a theme here lately

plastikosmd
03-21-2015, 11:25 PM
My garden
32x32

Lot of friggin stone digging and dirt for fill
One trip of hundreds
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/plastikosmd/cabin/9e58fe8a2b0e6b45767dfcd6f46463f8_zpsf9937b3f.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/plastikosmd/cabin/2b6ffacc12a01e57c53af47dd0eafeca_zpse857c25d.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/plastikosmd/cabin/19634af42007ecdf882b2424b26fe825_zps3ac66520.jpg
2nd yr with it, this was clean out last fall

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/plastikosmd/allis/photo_zpsqkls6tll.jpg
Orchard going in this year

fabiodriven
03-22-2015, 12:00 AM
I posted something before when my roommate had cookies and Gatorade for breakfast. I have been watching what people eat more and more and not eating that kind of stuff really puts into perspective what all the hype is. I like my roommate, he's a great dude, so I was wondering afterward if I should feel bad in referencing him. I decided I do not feel bad as most of you don't know him anyways and he's basically my John Q Public.

This kid is 27. About 3 years ago he was going to the hospital with severe stomach ulcers. Prior to him having this issue, I would announce it every time I saw him with a Monster energy drink. I found myself announcing it a lot. I told him as soon as he found out he had ulcers that it was from all the Monster he was drinking. He said no, it's from drinking a ton of alcohol when he was in the army, which is BS. He doesn't even drink that much. So he cut back to ONLY one Monster a day, most days, and continues drinking Monster to this day. He will wake up in the morning and drink a Monster energy drink on an empty stomach.

The other morning he said he "had" to get to the store to get a Monster. I asked what the big deal was. He tells me he needs one now because he stopped drinking them for 4 days and now he has a headache. He thought this was funny. He eats chicken nuggets, fries, hot dogs, pizza, pasta and sauce, just pure garbage. His poor daughter comes over on the weekends and it's the same crap.

This is what people think is OK.

I saw a middle aged woman dipping Doritos (that are HEAVILY COATED in nasty flavor powder) into a cup of southwestern style sauce or whatever that crap is Dunkin Donuts puts on their turkey bacon sandwich. She was dipping the heavily coated Doritos very heavily in the sauce and it was very gross. The things that garbage must do the the human body. People crave that garbage too, I don't understand it. It was a very short while ago I was a junk food junky. I swayed back and forth a lot before I reached the point I'm currently at, but what I will not forget was how absolutely shittty I felt after eating all of that crap! I really don't understand how people do it. I'd sit around and eat a bunch of crap and still feel hungry, both due to the chemicals that trick your stomach into feeling that way (like MSG) and due to my body telling me to put something in it that had nutritional value. It was kind of like I was hungry even when I was full. Makes you consume, consume, consume... (spend more money on food, get sicker, get medication, less energy, more domesticated, less brain activity, etc)

So people think this is OK to continue to feed a machine that is incapable of sustaining itself. The US could feed an estimated 800,000,000 people with the amount of grain it uses to feed livestock. http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/1997/08/us-could-feed-800-million-people-grain-livestock-eat

Why is it that more people don't grow gardens and have good food to sustain themselves for next to no money but with just a little work involved? Because there is any work involved, number one. Americans love easy.

The current food supply could be compared to the borrowing system from the federal reserve in my opinion. With the way our country borrows money from the federal reserve it pays interest on every single dollar borrowed, and the reserve is the only place to get dollars therefor making a system where you can never pay off the interest. Seems kind of like a monopoly to me (not the government!). The food supply has a similar problem. As time goes by and populations grow the resources to put 99 cent cheeseburgers out are going to dwindle. Something will have to be done. With the way most commercial farming is already, who's to say there won't be cow factories where they just grow a cow torso with no head or something? Sounds crazy, I'm sure. Pretend the TV told you. What's the answer going to be though? Am I the only person that wonders why there is one species on this planet that does so many detrimental things to itself, it's home, and destroys or puts at risk every single other species on the planet? Why are there so few who choose not to listen to the crap they've been fed since birth?

tripledog
03-22-2015, 08:12 AM
This thread is definitely "food for thought". I will be making some changes to my diet, and will probably start working out again. Currently I weigh 215 pounds, I am 6 feet tall, and have a 35 inch waist... fit from far, but far from fit. My ideal weight would be about 195, which means I have some work to do. I am starting to have joint pain issues, most likely as a result of my diet and the fact that I am in my mid fifties. I don't eat a lot of junk food, but I need to start eating some veggies. I like the idea of planting a garden; something that I never gave much thought to before. And yes, I am guilty of just growing grass (not THAT kind of grass... until it is legal in NYS) on 4 + acres of my yard. I have a friend that mows it twice a year and uses it for animal bedding, but I think the land could be better utilized than it is currently. Thank you for opening my eyes. Now all I need is a slap upside of my head to get the wheels in motion, and perhaps this thread is the slap I need.

Scootertrash
03-22-2015, 12:22 PM
I think I know, but thinking about it made me lose my appetite. Does it involve an early Ron Jeremy flick and a topping of secret sauce?

Ewwwww! noooo, noooooo none of that. I don't like veggies on my 'zza. The porn star special is more meat than any woman could handle.. ;)

Scootertrash
03-22-2015, 12:24 PM
That is because you are not a master baiter. Sorry, fabio, I couldn't resist that one.

At least someone took that bait! ;)

El Camexican
03-22-2015, 03:58 PM
Ewwwww! noooo, noooooo none of that. I don't like veggies on my 'zza. The porn star special is more meat than any woman could handle.. ;)

I hear's ya. I didn't eat pizza for two years after I saw that scene.:eek:

ironchop
03-22-2015, 06:46 PM
One daughter and her boyfriend came home to visit last weekend and she wanted Chinese buffet so I indulged. No sooner than I downed two plates of that stuff, my gut gave me six warning stabs to the intestines.....before I could get up from the table. I knew I only had 2 maybe 3 minutes tops before I needed to already be seated on the nearest toilet.

Foods I used to tolerate without issue now seem to cause some kind of allergic reaction in my gut. I had to give up hot.sauce and spicy stuff a few years ago for the same reason.

sledcrazyinCT
03-22-2015, 08:50 PM
I like how this forum makes you think. Got to say we eat fish at least three times a week. We also whip up blender drinks mainly fruit and yogurt, but now have to add in some leafy greens too. If you can post up some more info on the tacos sans beef I'm down for trying them.

Thank you ironchop for the posts about processed foods I needed the reminder it's crucial to support the local markets and butcher shops. The first half of my existence our family raised it's own beef, pork, turkeys, chickens. Nothing better knowing what was fed your livestock and helping prep them for your freezer.

I can relate to what a lot of members have posted. I could stand to lose some weight and pay closer attention to what I consume. I am thankful my current job helps me eat healthier or at least avoid the diners and fast food joints for two out of three meals a day like the past. Instead of an egg mc muffin or a croissant and hashbrowns from DD for the hour commute to work we purposely put a kitchen in our new office when we relocated so staff can cook a good meal whenever we feel the need. At least I use the kitchen... it's amazing how I can buy a dozen eggs, bagels, pound of coffee and half gallon of OJ that lasts me the workweek for what two trips at the drive thru costs a coworker.

I intend more changes in the immediate future healthwise, no time like the present.

atctim
03-23-2015, 11:32 AM
Standard American Diet = SAD!!!!

And all of that junk food that people crave - that is by design by big food companies and their scientists (add the FDA in there for good measure with billions taken from lobbyists). Taking sugar for an example - people crave sugary foods. Why? Because the brain processes the sugary food the same way it processes sex (look it up!) - I've done tons of research - food addiction is real - most people don't even know they are addicted and that is for good reason. Look what happened when the public found out how bad artificial sweetener was for them - them stopped buying soda pop in record numbers. It is lack of knowledge for the masses and what they are eating.

fabiodriven
03-23-2015, 07:41 PM
If you can post up some more info on the tacos sans beef I'm down for trying them.

OK so the only thing you do different with the tacos sans meat are change your "meat" to these here crumbles. I've been eating these for years just because of my ex but the stuff's actually just good, I just like it. The other thing I will recommend that goes for ANY tacos, just my personal opinion, but the soft corn tortillas that you have to heat up are just the cat's arse. Totally makes the taco for me.

WARNING- These tacos made with this "crumble" will make you do HUGE, STINKY FARTS. Hilariously huge farts, but be careful. The next day keep the hopper open and nearby. There will be gigantic doogans making their presence known. This is especially true for those who are not used to this kind of diet. They don't effect me quite as much anymore but certainly still do have an effect.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/IMAG1357_zpsadefahja.jpg (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/fabiodriven/media/IMAG1357_zpsadefahja.jpg.html)

Also I would like to thank Tim again as he is dead-on right with his last post. Thank you Tim.

El Camexican
03-23-2015, 09:06 PM
One daughter and her boyfriend came home to visit last weekend and she wanted Chinese buffet so I indulged. No sooner than I downed two plates of that stuff, my gut gave me six warning stabs to the intestines.....before I could get up from the table. I knew I only had 2 maybe 3 minutes tops before I needed to already be seated on the nearest toilet.

Foods I used to tolerate without issue now seem to cause some kind of allergic reaction in my gut. I had to give up hot.sauce and spicy stuff a few years ago for the same reason.

Same thing happens to me. I always figured it was the cooked broccoli. I poop like a goose after a feed of American style Chinese chow and the authentic Chinese food makes me toss my fortune cookies, so I'm screwed either way.

atctim
03-31-2015, 03:29 PM
I want to thank you Fabio! You have inspired me. I'm 8 days of Pesquatarian and feeling great. Now to get the exercise routine going again and I will be back to where I want to be health wise. It really is hard to thank some one enough when they actually inspire you to make lifestyle changes! Thanks Pal!

The Goat
04-13-2015, 12:58 PM
"I dare ya to eat a sausage while watching a video of how sausage is produced. I can't not think about that."

I have eaten blood boudin while watching them bleed a hog out and catch the blood. Doesn't bother me.

As for getting away from meat, I can understand the shift if you don't know where it comes from.

As of today, we are shifting back to a predominantly protein and fat based foods lifestyle Not atkins or anything, we just try to eat 40% of our calories from protein, the same for healthy fats, and our carbs are limited to slow digesting high fiber items.

The last time we made the change, within two weels we felt infinitely better. My blood work confirmed it, and I had a healthy boost in testostherone too. Definitely time to make a change.

The biggest thing for anyone is switching for caloroe dense foods to nutritionally dense foods. Doing that will make anyone feel better.

fabiodriven
06-11-2015, 09:16 PM
OK tubby.

For those I'll see in about two weeks, I will take a burger. I lasted with this diet for about two months and my new work schedule changed all of that. It was great when I had the time. I still do green drinks every day during the week, that hasn't changed. I still highly recommend that. Not that anyone cares, but people have been asking me already.